Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   It's Happened! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24259)

upthesaukee 03-26-2019 07:15 AM

It's Happened!

It's happened! Our beloved FLL , living the life on the Walmart side of the lake, has reached 6,000 posts!

Agree with him or not, that is a lot of time spent on this website. Congrats, FLL👍.

Dave

joey2665 03-26-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 308693)
It's happened! Our beloved FLL , living the life on the Walmart side of the lake, has reached 6,000 posts!

Agree with him or not, that is a lot of time spent on this website. Congrats, FLL[emoji106].

Dave

Yes he does but many posts seem they are there just to rack up the number.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Biggd 03-26-2019 12:35 PM

The fllibuster!

fatlazyless 03-26-2019 03:59 PM

.....truth be told ..... and, you will probably find this hard to believe ..... but, I have been dead and buried for the last 16-years ..... since May 2003, about the same time the Old Man on the Mountain crashed off his cliff....

.....down here ..... six feet underground, it can get pretty boring, so's writing all these 6000 posts has been way better than just being dead and buried .... what's I really need is a good, cold glass of Guinness ....... cheers!

Not to Worry 03-26-2019 04:51 PM

Beloved??

That would not be the first word that comes to my mind. Ignore, delete, block come to mind but beloved....not.

webmaster 03-27-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not to Worry (Post 308729)
That would not be the first word that comes to my mind. Ignore, delete, block come to mind but beloved....not.

It appears to me that many members enjoy his quirky posts. They have been part of the fabric of this forum for over 20 years. When he was absent from the forum for a month last year because of a password problem I received many messages asking where he was. Very few members have blocked him but you can if you can't tolerate his posts.

Biggd 03-27-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 308755)
It appears to me that many members enjoy his quirky posts. They have been part of the fabric of this forum for over 20 years. When he was absent from the forum for a month last year because of a password problem I received many messages asking where he was. Very few members have blocked him but you can if you can't tolerate his posts.

No one wishes him any harm and I think everyone was truly worried that something had happened to him.
BUT, I do wish he would just add something worthwhile to the threads rather than just ramble on about nothing just because he has no one else to talk to. It distracts from the original purpose of the thread.

It's much better when he starts his own nonsense thread because it starts out as nonsense and you don't have to try and make any sense of it because it ends up being all nonsense. :D
JMHO, you can remove it if you think it's offensive.

Top-Water 03-27-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 308778)

It's much better when he starts his own nonsense thread because it starts out as nonsense and you don't have to try and make any sense of it because it ends up being all nonsense. :D

https://i.imgur.com/QXPhLvd.gif https://i.imgur.com/QXPhLvd.gif

Double thanks for those thoughts. :)

Rusty 03-27-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 308725)
.....truth be told ..... and, you will probably find this hard to believe ..... but, I have been dead and buried for the last 16-years ..... since May 2003, about the same time the Old Man on the Mountain crashed off his cliff....

.....down here ..... six feet underground, it can get pretty boring, so's writing all these 6000 posts has been way better than just being dead and buried .... what's I really need is a good, cold glass of Guinness ....... cheers!

A lot of grocery stores deliver to your home now. Send one of them an email and ask to have a six pack of cold Guinness delivered to your grave yard home. :cheers:

thinkxingu 03-27-2019 05:54 PM

FLL's got 6000 posts, and y'all have 6001 complaining about him. 30% of the time, he adds to the discussion; overlook the other 70%!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

fatlazyless 03-28-2019 07:34 AM

...... not much to say here ...... except 'no comment' ..... yawn-yawn-yawn- and yawn ..... :yawn:

Biggd 03-28-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 308804)
...... not much to say here ...... except 'no comment' ..... yawn-yawn-yawn- and yawn ..... :yawn:

Possibly your best post ever! :cheers:

trfour 03-28-2019 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Way to go FLL!

PS, Aftah all the eating this wintah, I'm happy to report that my flip flops still fit.
I will go away now.

Not to Worry 03-30-2019 07:10 AM

Fll

Just saw the post from the Webmaster. I have already said I am not a fan. I chose not to block but as a rule I do not read the posts. Too often I begin to read before I notice who posted. Maybe FLL is a frustrated standup comedian...yet I find his humor humorless. Nothing ever adds to the conversation Again IMHO. Most peoples posts more or less follow our general way of looking at the world and these come out in our posts. For example the recent posts about a boathouse. First post tells the story...... then comes the neighbor bashing until one post clarifies the story....what does FLL add? Something about the lawn. The 2 seconds I read that before I realized it was FLL are 2 seconds of wasted time.

Nothing personal about FLL OTHER than the posts he put out about someones death (I think it was suicide). Those posts were cruel and for me showed the man behind the Walmart clown mask was not a nice man.

*I did a quick search and cannot find his original post but there are enough comments in the thread that quote him.

thinkxingu 03-30-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not to Worry (Post 308870)
Just saw the post from the Webmaster. I have already said I am not a fan. I chose not to block but as a rule I do not read the posts. Too often I begin to read before I notice who posted. Maybe FLL is a frustrated standup comedian...yet I find his humor humorless. Nothing ever adds to the conversation Again IMHO. Most peoples posts more or less follow our general way of looking at the world and these come out in our posts. For example the recent posts about a boathouse. First post tells the story...... then comes the neighbor bashing until one post clarifies the story....what does FLL add? Something about the lawn. The 2 seconds I read that before I realized it was FLL are 2 seconds of wasted time.

Nothing personal about FLL OTHER than the posts he put out about someones death (I think it was suicide). Those posts were cruel and for me showed the man behind the Walmart clown mask was not a nice man.

*I did a quick search and cannot find his original post but there are enough comments in the thread that quote him.

Not to Worry 03-31-2019 08:34 AM

I am lost

What does 6002 mean?

joey2665 03-31-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not to Worry (Post 308913)
What does 6002 mean?

The number of posts by FLL

thinkxingu 03-31-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 308920)
The number of posts by FLL

Actually, a reference to my joke above about there being more complaints about FLL's posts than his actual posts.

joey2665 03-31-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 308923)
Actually, a reference to my joke above about there being more complaints about FLL's posts than his actual posts.

Sorry I am joking also, I thought I put a [emoji4] but must have hit the reply too fast