Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fratello's Laconia (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22836)

GBGX2 12-02-2017 02:43 PM

Fratello's Laconia

A quick note to once again say what a great lunch we just had at Fratello's.... this restaurant is always consistent, the service very professional and the upstairs bar ambience wonderful. Their "frequent dining" program is generous and their menu pricing is more than fair.

We talk so much about the difficulty of operating "seasonal" Lakes Region restaurants, yet this one always makes me happy and has for many years.

A big shout out to the staff and management of this small restaurant group.

joey2665 12-02-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBGX2 (Post 288273)
A quick note to once again say what a great lunch we just had at Fratello's.... this restaurant is always consistent, the service very professional and the upstairs bar ambience wonderful. Their "frequent dining" program is generous and their menu pricing is more than fair.

We talk so much about the difficulty of operating "seasonal" Lakes Region restaurant, yet this one always makes me happy and has for many years.

A big shout out to the staff and management of this small restaurant group.

I agree and their pizza isn’t bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Woody38 12-02-2017 03:15 PM

Haven't been to Fratello's for several years after visits with poor service and over priced offerings which were not very tasty.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.

Barney Bear 12-02-2017 05:09 PM

Yum

One of our favorite restaurants to dine with family and friends. 🐻

GBGX2 12-02-2017 09:36 PM

Hmmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 288276)
Haven't been to Fratello's for several years after visits with poor service and over priced offerings which were not very tasty.

Several years is a long time.....in the restaurant business, it is a lifetime...time to give them another shot!

Woody38 12-03-2017 01:14 AM

You're absolutely correct GDGX2. However since then we have discovered Lyons Den with many offerings we enjoy. Love the duck. Very difficult to argue with the baked stuffed haddock and a bargain at lunch.

GBGX2 12-03-2017 06:59 AM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 288285)
You're absolutely correct GDGX2. However since then we have discovered Lyons Den with many offerings we enjoy. Love the duck. Very difficult to argue with the baked stuffed haddock and a bargain at lunch.

We are big fans of the Lyons Den as well. Thinking about it, while the ambience of the bar area at the Den is so well suited for summer, we like the coziness of the upstairs bar at Fratello’s now that winter is setting in.

Call us equal seasonal lunch lovers!

Biggd 12-03-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 288276)

Ditto for me also! We use to love it there but last couple of times their the service was terrible and we haven't been back. I'd rather go to Faro's now and it's closer to me. The food and the service has been very good their.

joey2665 12-03-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 288298)
Ditto for me also! We use to love it there but last couple of times their the service was terrible and we haven't been back. I'd rather go to Faro's now and it's closer to me. The food and the service has been very good their.

Can’t find Faro’s menu online. There website says the certificate was not renewed. I was considering take out from there tonight

Biggd 12-03-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 288300)
Can’t find Faro’s menu online. There website says the certificate was not renewed. I was considering take out from there tonight

I was just there last weekend and it was very busy. My wife and I usually sit in the bar area. It's not Boston North End Italian food but we have been there 3 times so far and it was very good. I'm just very reluctant to go back to Fratello's after the way we were treated last time. We never had an issue with their food but their service was uncalled for on our last visit.
We prefer the Italian Farmhouse but the drive there, not so much.

joey2665 12-03-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 288301)
I was just there last weekend and it was very busy. My wife and I usually sit in the bar area. It's not Boston North End Italian food but we have been there 3 times so far and it was very good. I'm just very reluctant to go back to Fratello's after the way we were treated last time. We never had an issue with their food but their service was uncalled for on our last visit.

I’m really close to Faro and feeling a little lazy today. Lol. Wanted to order take out but can’t find a menu online anywhere including Facebook. Ugh.

Biggd 12-03-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 288302)
I’m really close to Faro and feeling a little lazy today. Lol. Wanted to order take out but can’t find a menu online anywhere including Facebook. Ugh.

I'm doing my kitchen over at the Meredith home next month. I'm hoping for a few home cooked meals after that. :laugh:

GUNNER 12-03-2017 11:27 PM

Fratello's & The Lyon's Den both have excellent luncheon pricing. My wife & I frequent both restaurants for lunch & spend no more than $25.00-30.00 for lunch. They both have a good lunch menu with good prices & good food. It surprises both of us that Fratello's doesn't do a better lunch business with the pricing they offer.

baygo 12-06-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 288301)
I'm just very reluctant to go back to Fratello's after the way we were treated last time. We never had an issue with their food but their service was uncalled for on our last visit.
We prefer the Italian Farmhouse but the drive there, not so much.

Chances are that was an isolated incident and the people responsible are no longer working there. Why deprive yourself if you really enjoyed the food. If by chance the same person is still there, perhaps take a moment to speak with management. I'm certain that a restaurant which has been around as long as Fratello's and managed to maintain an above average online customer satisfaction rating (according to trip advisor, yelp, and Google ) will do whatever it takes to keep you happy.

Biggd 12-06-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 288400)
Chances are that was an isolated incident and the people responsible are no longer working there. Why deprive yourself if you really enjoyed the food. If by chance the same person is still there, perhaps take a moment to speak with management. I'm certain that a restaurant which has been around as long as Fratello's and managed to maintain an above average online customer satisfaction rating (according to trip advisor, yelp, and Google ) will do whatever it takes to keep you happy.

So far Faro's hasn't disappointed so I will continue to go there for my Italian food and it's closer. If I want to travel I will go to the Italian Farmhouse. I don't miss Fratello's at all.

Woody38 12-06-2017 03:09 PM

How does one get lunch for $20-30 at Fratello's when the baked stuffed haddock is $18. Maybe some sort of wrap?
That lunch at Lyons Den is something like $9-10. And includes potato and vegetable. A great deal.

pault842 12-06-2017 06:18 PM

Always had great experiences here and I've been eating there for over 20 years.

TiltonBB 12-06-2017 09:48 PM

Fratello's Lunch Menu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 288412)
How does one get lunch for $20-30 at Fratello's when the baked stuffed haddock is $18.

It looks like the lunch prices are pretty reasonable.

http://fratellos.com/lunch-menu/

jeffk 12-07-2017 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 288302)

Here is their web page.
http://www.faroitaliangrille.com/menu

Not sure why you had a problem. I googled "Faro menu weirs beach", clicked the "website" link, clicked "menu" and was there.

As to the topic at hand, I'm afraid I haven't eaten at either Fratello's or Faro. Quite a while ago I ate at Fratello's in Manchester and enjoyed it very much but since the issue seems to be service in Laconia, I don't have much to offer.

Lately when I want a fix of Italian, I boat from Meredith to Wolfeboro and go to Nolan's. It's not a quick grab and go but we enjoy the ride as much as the meal. :) :liplick:

joey2665 12-07-2017 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 288429)
Here is their web page.

http://www.faroitaliangrille.com/menu

Not sure why you had a problem. I googled "Faro menu weirs beach", clicked the "website" link, clicked "menu" and was there.

As to the topic at hand, I'm afraid I haven't eaten at either Fratello's or Faro. Quite a while ago I ate at Fratello's in Manchester and enjoyed it very much but since the issue seems to be service in Laconia, I don't have much to offer.

Lately when I want a fix of Italian, I boat from Meredith to Wolfeboro and go to Nolan's. It's not a quick grab and go but we enjoy the ride as much as the meal. :) :liplick:

I sent them an IM. There was an issue with the website registration certificate over the weekend that was corrected.

Biggd 12-07-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 288430)
I sent them an IM. There was an issue with the website registration certificate over the weekend that was corrected.

Did you get take out, if so how was it?

joey2665 12-07-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 288455)
Did you get take out, if so how was it?

No i didn’t I’m going to go between Christmas and New Years.