Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Storm for February 22nd? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5643)

secondcurve 02-20-2008 07:11 PM

Storm for February 22nd?

What do my weather friends see coming for Friday? It sounds like another nasty storm for the Boston area. Thanks.

CanisLupusArctos 02-20-2008 09:15 PM

Models are split on this one... one has it going too far south of NH to give us much of a storm, and others have it coming close enough to bring significant snowfall to the lake.

At the moment it appears to be a NJ-NYC-CT-RI-MA snowstorm with another inch or two for the lakes region. However, as R2B mentioned in a comical thread he started, NOAA should switch to ground hogs for weather forecasters, because of the computer track record this winter. The computer models have been all over the place, all winter long, and they've been duped more than normal this winter, even at the last minute.

Then again, the weather has been all over the place this winter. Temps - up & down, causing lots of pothole problems, earlier than normal. Storms have not been following each other's tracks as much as they usually do. Some winters they all behave a certain way, but this winter New England's weather has been more like a gym where a bunch of hyperactive grade-school kids are playing dodgeball.

chipj29 02-21-2008 08:04 AM

The way I see it, the prevailing storm track this winter has been taking the Low's up to the Great Lakes and through Canada or NNE. All of a sudden some models want to suppress this storm south and east? Meh, my gut is to go with the trend. This one will be further north than indicated. Jackpot zone will be Lakes Region and south.

idigtractors 02-21-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipj29 (Post 63844)
The way I see it, the prevailing storm track this winter has been taking the Low's up to the Great Lakes and through Canada or NNE. All of a sudden some models want to suppress this storm south and east? Meh, my gut is to go with the trend. This one will be further north than indicated. Jackpot zone will be Lakes Region and south.

I just love the way you dream. Come on north storm, come on north.:)

Weirs guy 02-21-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanisLupusArctos (Post 63836)
...but this winter New England's weather has been more like a gym where a bunch of hyperactive grade-school kids are playing dodgeball.

Amen. Now I have a good way to describe this winter!

gtxrider 02-22-2008 08:00 AM

SNOW in Joisey

We finally have snow in the Garden State. Is nj2nh happy?:banana: The roads are not good and people forgot how to drive in the white stuff....

GrandmaBig6 02-22-2008 12:47 PM

Snow finally

The white stuff was coming down in buckets this morning. Walked out of the house at 7:15 and it was already above my ankles. I must have been nuts to come to work in NYC today.

Now if only I could be in NH during a snow storm.

(6 months until our vacation!)

Mary

ghfromaltonbay 02-22-2008 01:06 PM

NJ snow

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtxrider (Post 63879)
We finally have snow in the Garden State. Is nj2nh happy?:banana: The roads are not good and people forgot how to drive in the white stuff....

Thank goodness I decided to stay home today. I cleared about 8 inches of snow this morning and it looks like another 2 have fallen on the sidewalks again. I'm glad our trip to the lake was last weekend. Finally got to use the old snowblower for the first time this winter. Now if only the city plow would come thru. They sure know how to handle snow better in NH!

CanisLupusArctos 02-24-2008 08:24 PM

A southern storm, for sure

It ended up being 2 inches at Black Cat. Down in Massachusetts most of the North Shore reported around 8 inches, and many places had 9-inch totals with a few getting 10.

Looks like the next storm is going to our west (see previous dodgeball analogy in this thread) and as a result we should see another snow-to-cement mix on Tuesday and Wednesday.