Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Weir’s Beach Restaurants (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24646)

joey2665 07-02-2019 08:35 PM

Weir’s Beach Restaurants

Went to the Weirs for a quick bit today and felt like BBQ however Smokin Phatty the new place as closed and plywood in the windows. Then figured we’d grab a burger at Surfside Burger and that too was closed. Ugh!!!

Ended up at Weathervane and had a decent lobster roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

joey2665 07-02-2019 08:43 PM

Is Faro also closed?

Phantom 07-03-2019 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 314503)
Is Faro also closed?
]

No -- he was referring to the Boardwalk area.

Hillcountry 07-03-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 314501)
Went to the Weirs for a quick bit today and felt like BBQ however Smokin Phatty the new place as closed and plywood in the windows. Then figured we’d grab a burger at Surfside Burger and that too was closed. Ugh!!!

Smokin phatties...small wonder why they are no longer in business...:rolleye2:

joey2665 07-03-2019 07:54 AM

Weir’s Beach Restaurants

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 314511)

[emoji23]. Very disappointed with surfside burger. They burgers were really good.

I am referring to the Faro on Route 3 in the Weirs not the Faro Express it was closed Sunday Monday and Tuesday

jbolty 07-03-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 314511)

Closed already, or did it never open?

LakeWinniMom 07-05-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 314501)

Just to take away any confusion: Closed for the day/night or closed for good? Some restaurants are not open on Mon/Tues. We had friends who had reservations at Faro last Saturday, so I would think they are still open for business. Smokin' Phattys has new reviews as of yesterday (the plywood may be an extra precaution against vandalism when closed for the evening) and there is no indication on Surfside's fb page that they have closed their Weirs location.

garysanfran 07-05-2019 07:28 AM

Compass Cafe...

I've been there a few times and love the crab cake Benedict.

joey2665 07-05-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeWinniMom (Post 314590)
Just to take away any confusion: Closed for the day/night or closed for good? Some restaurants are not open on Mon/Tues. We had friends who had reservations at Faro last Saturday, so I would think they are still open for business. Smokin' Phattys has new reviews as of yesterday (the plywood may be an extra precaution against vandalism when closed for the evening) and there is no indication on Surfside's fb page that they have closed their Weirs location.

Faro was closed sunday monday and tuesday that I had seen. BBQ was closed tuesday with no sign on the door and Surfside looking into the window the tables and chairs were scattered all over seemed not to have been open at all this season. Being 4th of July week the boardwalk was packed and many were surprised both Phatty and Surfside were closed.

NHskier 07-07-2019 07:16 PM

We hit the pier late this afternoon for Sal's pizza, and Smoking Phatty's was open.

Lakemamma 07-08-2019 01:06 PM

Smoking Phattys was open last night around 7. :)