Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Internet cable (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27265)

navymom01 07-25-2021 11:33 AM

Internet cable

Best cable for cattle Landing area. Broadband takes hours to get through and their service is very poor. Waited all day, phone in hand and they never came. Called, two hours on phone, they said no one was home, they said they called and no answer. This is not the first time they have done this. Any suggestions, and is satellite the only other way to go??? Thank you

Descant 07-27-2021 03:54 PM

Hub66

We just installed HUB66, wireless internet. You have to be line of sight to one of there local towers, but the service works well. Check their website for availability. New, small company working h hard.

garysanfran 07-28-2021 05:53 AM

There is a sub-contracting company (don't remember the name) that does the local on-site tech support for ABB. I needed work done recently and they showed up on time, did a great job and told me Comcast will be coming soon and they'll be doing work for them also.

I'm sure ABB will explain poor service due to COVID....An excuse I am tiring of.

trfour 07-28-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 359449)
I'm sure ABB will explain poor service due to COVID....An excuse I am tiring of.

Just living through a Pandemic as this will cause this,, Gary...

Winilyme 07-28-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 359449)
There is a sub-contracting company (don't remember the name) that does the local on-site tech support for ABB. I needed work done recently and they showed up on time, did a great job and told me Comcast will be coming soon and they'll be doing work for them also.

I've been unimpressed with ABB's service too but think again if you believe it'll get any better with Comcast. We've had Comcast (previously Adelphia) in CT for 25 years and, especially over the last five years, we've suffered several headaches as a result of their poor service and stubbornness. In one case to the point where I had to write the Attorney General to get reimbursed about $50.00 they claimed they didn't owe me...but they did. I wasted way more than $50.00 worth of time on that but it was a matter of principal to me (plus I was pissed).

I got my money back.

Lakegeezer 07-29-2021 06:00 AM

Hub66 on Gunstock

I learned yesterday that Hub66 recently put an antenna on Gunstock adding to the one they have had for a while in Meredith. They are lighting up the islands and are signing up new customers on Barndoor and Rattlesnake islands. East sides of islands may not be reachable until their antenna in Wolfeboro is on-line next year, but it is worth a call to check. They are a small, but serious player in the internet service provider market and reviews are positive from their customers that I've talked to.

codeman671 07-29-2021 08:32 AM

My ABB on Bear has been very reliable and the service from them has been decent. I priced out Hub66 and it was a lot more than I am paying.

MAXUM 07-29-2021 03:36 PM

To get ahold of ABB, don't call - use chat on their support page.

CowTimes 07-29-2021 03:46 PM

For those using Hub66, what kinds of down/up speeds are you getting?