Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tree work on the islands (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20903)

cowislander 07-08-2016 09:38 AM

Tree work on the islands

Hi, I have a large pine that came down in a squall back in May. Much of it is in the water. Does anyone have experience or a good recommendation on someone to cut it up and dispose of it? I'm having trouble getting contractors to return my call. Any info appreciated.

Broken Glass 07-08-2016 10:19 AM

Tree Work

Try Arbortech, Courtney Kelly

603-491-5183

I have used him in the past and his operation is very professional.
Dan

northforty 07-08-2016 10:58 AM

Second that

Court is great

cowisl 07-08-2016 11:32 AM

Ralph Carrasco does work on Cow and is a tree expert. 603 677 2853

SIKSUKR 07-08-2016 02:20 PM

Court is a forum member but I have not seen him here in a while.I'll third a thumbs up for the work he did for me.

ishoot308 07-08-2016 02:54 PM

Court is the man!

cowislander 07-08-2016 03:41 PM

Thanks

Thanks everyone, I'll try these two guys.

Macavity 07-11-2016 07:33 PM

Another vote for Arbortech

New poster here. I called Courtney Kelly, based on recommendations on this forum, and I was very impressed. He really listens to what you are saying, doesn't use scare tactics, and is very professional. I would call him again in a heartbeat.

DRH 07-12-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macavity (Post 265360)
New poster here. I called Courtney Kelly, based on recommendations on this forum, and I was very impressed. He really listens to what you are saying, doesn't use scare tactics, and is very professional. I would call him again in a heartbeat.

You won't go wrong with Courtney. He's done work for me and he is a true pro.

Island Girl 07-13-2016 08:03 AM

Yes to Courtney

We have used Courtney on Rattlesnake Island. Highly recommend.

Descant 07-15-2016 04:44 PM

Greetings Macavity

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macavity (Post 265360)

Welcome to the Forum, Macavity.

Courtney just left my place (Welch) and was picked up by somebody from Cow Island. (CowIslander, the OP?)
We're doing some dock work (Winni Marine Const) soon, so we expect he'll coordinate with them for removal, tractor transport, etc. WMC says they have worked with Court in the past. We have two big Basswoods(?) close to the house, 2' diameter, so the use of a crane may be involved. Several other large trees. It's been 30 years since we did any tree work.

DRH 07-15-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 265619)
Welcome to the Forum, Macavity.

Courtney just left my place (Welch) and was picked up by somebody from Cow Island. (CowIslander, the OP?)
We're doing some dock work (Winni Marine Const) soon, so we expect he'll coordinate with them for removal, tractor transport, etc. WMC says they have worked with Court in the past. We have two big Basswoods(?) close to the house, 2' diameter, so the use of a crane may be involved. Several other large trees. It's been 30 years since we did any tree work.

It's pretty amazing how Courtney can take down huge trees manually without a crane! He took down a 3' diameter white pine that was about 4' away from my house a couple years ago. Everything was handled with ropes and nothing even came close to contacting the house on its way down. He's a real master of tree takedowns.

Woody38 07-23-2016 05:33 PM

Tree work

Have you tried "Home Advisor".
Needed work done in the condo and was told by the board no one wanted to work. I went to Homeadvisor.com. Received 3 replies, plumber called, came out, gave me a price and did the work 2 days later.
Just post what work you want done.