Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mise en place (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27167)

AltonCAM 06-30-2021 08:51 PM

Mise en place

Does anyone know the status? Facebook says opening June 28th?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TheTimeTraveler 06-30-2021 09:55 PM

They are supposed to open on Friday, July 2nd.

Dad207 07-02-2021 08:32 PM

Mise en Place

Location? Sounds French--

TheTimeTraveler 07-02-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad207 (Post 357902)
Location? Sounds French--

96 Lehner Street, Wolfeboro.

Can't tell you much more about it as I personally haven't been there.......

mcdude 07-03-2021 10:43 AM

Here's their menu. A great place to celebrate a special event.

http://miseenplacenh.com/menus/current-dinner-menu/

Sue Doe-Nym 07-03-2021 04:43 PM

We have been there twice…we were not impressed after a huge buildup. Our friends raved.

FlyingScot 07-03-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 357963)
We have been there twice…we were not impressed after a huge buildup. Our friends raved.

It's a more French taste and style, so it depends on your taste. We love the refined food and quiet date-night atmosphere. But if you're looking for a great steak, large portions, fun crowd, this is not the place.

BillJohn 07-04-2021 05:33 AM

Best in Lakes Region

I think they are the best in the lakes region.

Mr. V 07-06-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJohn (Post 357977)
I think they are the best in the lakes region.

I've eaten there and enjoyed it immensely.

If not THE BEST, they're certainly up there.

A bit posh, a bit fancy, but there's nothing wrong with that, at least in a town of well-heeled, well educated folk such as Wolfeboro.

Yeah, it drips of class...

phoenix 07-07-2021 08:42 AM

it must be good as they got the president of France to come all this way to eat there

Descant 07-07-2021 09:59 AM

Loved it

Been there. Easy walk from the docks.

Food, atmosphere and service were all tops. $$$$

Marinalou 07-19-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 357963)

Get a life! It’s the best restaurant in the lakes region hands down!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 07-19-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marinalou (Post 358985)
Get a life! It’s the best restaurant in the lakes region hands down!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

You've got two posts in 4 years, both critical and pompous.

It's not unusual, at all, for "the best restaurant" to not meet someone's expectations, especially if they were set too high.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Descant 07-19-2021 08:12 PM

Personal choice

I agree with Marinalou. Mis en Place is top notch. Based on other posts, it is not a "cup of tea" for Thinkxingu and I suggest he not spend his $$$$ here.

thinkxingu 07-19-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 358987)
I agree with Marinalou. Mis en Place is top notch. Based on other posts, it is not a "cup of tea" for Thinkxingu and I suggest he not spend his $$$$ here.

We can discuss what is "top notch" or whatever (I contend, like the dude in "Sour Grapes" revealed about the wine industry, that much of it is hype and fabricated elitism, but that's another discussion), but to criticize someone because their experience didn't meet the expectation is lame.

Joebon 07-19-2021 09:01 PM

Saying it’s the best restaurant in the lakes region, isn’t saying much. We don’t come here for fine dining. We come here for the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sue Doe-Nym 07-19-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joebon (Post 358998)
Saying it’s the best restaurant in the lakes region, isn’t saying much. We don’t come here for fine dining. We come here for the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point! Judging fine restaurants is strictly personal opinion, and we were not impressed with Mise en Place…no big deal. Marinalou thinks it’s spectacular, and that’s terrific. I just hope he doesn’t show up there in flip flops and backwards baseball hat since it’s so upscale. ��

FlyingScot 07-20-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 358988)
We can discuss what is "top notch" or whatever (I contend, like the dude in "Sour Grapes" revealed about the wine industry, that much of it is hype and fabricated elitism, but that's another discussion), but to criticize someone because their experience didn't meet the expectation is lame.

I think much of the discord or misunderstanding comes from people not discussing exactly what they mean by "top notch", and especially not using the "poofy" vs "not poofy" distinction you coined in another thread.

As a person who enjoys both poofy and non poofy places, I don't really think it's fair to judge poofy places by non poofy standards, and vice versa. We shouldn't be bashing poofy places for being refined, and we shouldn't be bashing non poofy places for being inauthentic.

Just staying on poofy standards--Mise en Place is terrific. One of the very best in the region, and it could also succeed in Boston. (But it will definitely have garnish in a spot on the plate that could be holding more steak!)

Scott_Mac 10-12-2021 08:59 PM

Dress code?

What's the dress code like at Mise en Place? My wife and I are up on a last minute trip and don't have much nicer with us than nice jeans and a pull over. Better to visit when we come more prepared?

Descant 10-12-2021 11:08 PM

Last time we went, we were "country club casual". Ask when you call for reservations.

FlyingScot 10-13-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Mac (Post 363327)
What's the dress code like at Mise en Place? My wife and I are up on a last minute trip and don't have much nicer with us than nice jeans and a pull over. Better to visit when we come more prepared?

I would not go in a t shirt, but decent jeans and polo shirt or sweater would be fine. Enjoy!