Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Repair Dock Pilings/Replace Dock (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23282)

Piper 05-10-2018 03:10 PM

Repair Dock Pilings/Replace Dock

My dock is in need to repair as a piling gave way over the winter and due to it's age may need replacing.

I am looking for Contractor Recommendations - as it is very difficult to get a person who works on docks to even return a phone call at this time of year.

That being said, Terry Graham of Docks Unlimited was recommended to me and came and gave me estimates and several options of how to repair or replace my dock. He is out of Meredith. I discovered some very negative reviews of Terry and Bankruptcy in 2004 -2005 in this forum and wondered if anyone has used his services recently.

I am most appreciate of any assistance/recommendations.

Piper

Dave M 05-10-2018 04:24 PM

I'm assuming if one pillar needs replacing due to age the others are not far behind. If your looking at replacing you might want to think about seasonal dock(aluminum). Yes cost more but are stress free. Why, nothing is in the water. I bought one a few years ago, love it. Should have done 20 years ago.
Raise-A -Dock is a good choice plus others, reviews are on this forum.

Dave M

KPW 05-11-2018 08:23 AM

Lake Winnipesaukee Island Property Mgt. (lwipm.com)

Depending on where you are located. 603-707-6674

Sinclair 05-11-2018 08:30 AM

One of our neighbors used Northeast Dock and Barge, had a good experience. They are in Wolfeboro but cover the whole lake I think. 855-633-6257

raydoe1 05-12-2018 06:10 AM

I had bad experience with Northeast Dock & Barge

tis 05-12-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raydoe1 (Post 294541)
I had bad experience with Northeast Dock & Barge

Really? Can you tell us what happened? We have had good luck with them putting in and removing our dock. Extremely nice and willing to do what you ask. They are very busy though, so the tough thing will be to get them. Get in line! I want to add, I think all the dock companies are busy now.

djwade4 05-13-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piper (Post 294472)
My dock is in need to repair as a piling gave way over the winter and due to it's age may need replacing.

I am looking for Contractor Recommendations - as it is very difficult to get a person who works on docks to even return a phone call at this time of year.

That being said, Terry Graham of Docks Unlimited was recommended to me and came and gave me estimates and several options of how to repair or replace my dock. He is out of Meredith. I discovered some very negative reviews of Terry and Bankruptcy in 2004 -2005 in this forum and wondered if anyone has used his services recently.

I am most appreciate of any assistance/recommendations.

Piper

Where are you located on the lake? I’m Doug Wade and I do repairs. 603-770-3677

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TheTimeTraveler 05-14-2018 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwade4 (Post 294603)
Where are you located on the lake? I’m Doug Wade and I do repairs. 603-770-3677

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Doug; Do you have or use a barge ? Thanks.