Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Winnipesaukee Home Associations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23717)

LongShort 08-12-2018 03:14 PM

Winnipesaukee Home Associations

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if people had some information on the different home associations around the lake. My wife and I looked at homes at Meredith Bay, Long Bay, South Downs and Grouse Point. I know there are other associations out there and was wondering how these associations compare as far as number of homes, amenities, boat access (docks, moorings, valet), annual dues, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

thinkxingu 08-12-2018 04:08 PM

Just north of us are Balmoral and Suissevale. There's also a ton of smaller, less "concentrated" associations, such as Toltec on Hanson Mill in Moultonborough.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

joey2665 08-12-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongShort (Post 299985)
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if people had some information on the different home associations around the lake. My wife and I looked at homes at Meredith Bay, Long Bay, South Downs and Grouse Point. I know there are other associations out there and was wondering how these associations compare as far as number of homes, amenities, boat access (docks, moorings, valet), annual dues, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have owned in 3 of HOAs you are considering and way back looked into Grouse Point. I just built a home in Meredith Bay. I was a board member in Long Bay and I am now on the architectural review board in MB. If you have specific questions or would like some insite feel free to send me a PM.

LongShort 08-12-2018 07:55 PM

The better question to start for me...

is what other associations are out there? I can find a lot of information online about these associations but trying to identify them has been harder. I may just have to speak with a local real estate agent. I was trying to avoid that right now but probably easiest way to figure out what's out there. Thanks!

FlyingScot 08-12-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongShort (Post 299996)
is what other associations are out there? I can find a lot of information online about these associations but trying to identify them has been harder. I may just have to speak with a local real estate agent. I was trying to avoid that right now but probably easiest way to figure out what's out there. Thanks!

With all due respect, I think the reverse approach might be easier. Rather than use associations to find a home, you could use home listings to find an appropriate association. Go to one of the many real estate web sites, enter criteria, and visit any homes that look good to you online. The agent will then describe the association, town, and other surrounding features.

joey2665 08-12-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongShort (Post 299996)

If you really want to know about an HOA ask someone that is or had owned there you will get a better perspectives without the agenda of trying to sell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app