Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Dive! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24408)

Taz 05-23-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilltopper (Post 312249)
What's this IBOW you speak of? Am I missing out on another great forum?

IBOLW, I boat on lake Winnipesaukee, BOW, boat on Winnipesaukee. Both are groups on Facebook you can join.

znh 05-23-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 312224)
They are actually much closer to Braun Bay and can access other gathering spots like Timber Island and Patrician Shores


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

This place is just a rumor, it doesn't actually exist so no way for them to go there:D

Also, if this boat is just tied up to the Wiers what is really the point of going on it? Then it just becomes another restaurant with a nice view, but really the quality of the food IMO does not justify going on there if it is tied up to the pier, especially with so many other options all around it.

Now when it was at West Alton it was the only option so the food was great and it was certainly fun to jump on, grab a beer and some snacks with friends and family...

joey2665 05-23-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znh (Post 312258)
This place is just a rumor, it doesn't actually exist so no way for them to go there:D

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also, if this boat is just tied up to the Wiers what is really the point of going on it? Then it just becomes another restaurant with a nice view, but really the quality of the food IMO does not justify going on there if it is tied up to the pier, especially with so many other options all around it.

I agree I doubt I will go if it's just sitting there at the dock

Now when it was at West Alton it was the only option so the food was great and it was certainly fun to jump on, grab a beer and some snacks with friends and family...

Very true as it will be in places like Braun, Margate and the mythical Patrician Shores :D

Taz 05-23-2019 10:21 AM

Dive
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by znh (Post 312258)
This place is just a rumor, it doesn't actually exist so no way for them to go there:D

Also, if this boat is just tied up to the Wiers what is really the point of going on it? Then it just becomes another restaurant with a nice view, but really the quality of the food IMO does not justify going on there if it is tied up to the pier, especially with so many other options all around it.

Now when it was at West Alton it was the only option so the food was great and it was certainly fun to jump on, grab a beer and some snacks with friends and family...

Totally agree with you on all points. I was saying the same thing to my spouse. "Its just another lakefront restaurant tied up." I have been on the Dive and the food is not as good as other restaurants, the drinks were ok but not for the price and I have had better drinks for cheaper at other lake front establishments. NASWA, Town Docks for instance have better food and better drinks at a cheaper price IMO. Plus you can boat to those establishments and tie up. I refuse to tie up at Weirs town docks as mentioned in many posts about Weirs town docks.

joey2665 05-23-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 312260)
Totally agree with you on all points. I was saying the same thing to my spouse. "Its just another lakefront restaurant tied up." I have been on the Dive and the food is not as good as other restaurants, the drinks were ok but not for the price and I have had better drinks for cheaper at other lake front establishments. NASWA, Town Docks for instance have better food and better drinks at a cheaper price IMO. Plus you can boat to those establishments and tie up. I refuse to tie up at Weirs town docks as mentioned in many posts about Weirs town docks.

Absolutely, the "charm" of the Dive is pulling up or wading over to it while out on the water not to walk to it from a dock and it sits still. As you mention I would much prefer Town Docks, NASWA or other various choices in Alton Wolfeboro, Center Harbor and Meredith

tis 05-23-2019 11:36 AM

At least Weirs is more commercial than West Alton so the neighbors must be used the noise and the food smells. It's probably only the blocking of their view that bothers them although I don't know that. I do know we have friends who live in the West Alton area that are very happy it's not there anymore. They got sick of the smells and the noise at night-apparently especially the not very talented karaoke singers. :laugh:. But seriously, they were ready to sell.

LIforrelaxin 05-23-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 312274)
At least Weirs is more commercial than West Alton so the neighbors must be used the noise and the food smells. It's probably only the blocking of their view that bothers them although I don't know that. I do know we have friends who live in the West Alton area that are very happy it's not there anymore. They got sick of the smells and the noise at night-apparently especially the not very talented karaoke singers. :laugh:. But seriously, they were ready to sell.

Doing the types of things the dive will need to do to survive, Karoke, having late night loud music, and crowds... are going to be a problem for people close by to where ever they may set up.

In my belief in order to survive, the DIVE needs to be as mobile as possible, visiting different locations for the day ever weekend. I could deal with a party next door for a day, most people I believe can... Having the party next door every weekend does get a bit old.

OR

The dive needs to find a location where they can conduct business everyday, no matter the weather. And once in a while venture out when conditions are right or they have a chartered engagement. This appears to be what they are attempting this year. How much they will venture out seems to be the real question... And it will be answered over the course of the summer.

Phantom 05-23-2019 12:34 PM

With the many establishment owners who are -- I find it odd that after two years there is no one from the Dive on this Forum …

Certainly they are aware of it (I personally told them a couple of times last season) ……………. or are they simply "Lurking" !! :laugh:

webmaster 05-23-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBGX2 (Post 311223)
Come down to the Weirs for the Dive’s sophomore season opening!!! We have fire pits and big heaters on and ready to go!

From the wording of the original post it seems like GBGX2 is involved with the Dive.

tis 05-23-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 312286)
Doing the types of things the dive will need to do to survive, Karoke, having late night loud music, and crowds... are going to be a problem for people close by to where ever they may set up.

In my belief in order to survive, the DIVE needs to be as mobile as possible, visiting different locations for the day ever weekend. I could deal with a party next door for a day, most people I believe can... Having the party next door every weekend does get a bit old.

OR

The dive needs to find a location where they can conduct business everyday, no matter the weather. And once in a while venture out when conditions are right or they have a chartered engagement. This appears to be what they are attempting this year. How much they will venture out seems to be the real question... And it will be answered over the course of the summer.

I totally agree with you. Once in a while would be ok but every night would be tough. Who wants a loud party in their yard every night? I would think the noise and food smell wouldn't be an issue at the Weirs but where it is parked is an issue for the homeowners there. They almost have it figured out!!!

fatlazyless 05-23-2019 03:05 PM

.... I rest my drink .... eh .... I mean case!
 
Isn't there a local Laconia attorney who used to be Mayor of Laconia who advertises on the front page of the LaDaSun ..... so he must be look'n for new clients ..... as the former mayor .... he could be an attorney familiar with the local agencies and good to represent a Simpson Ave home owner look'n for a legal remedy.

I rest my case!

And, the best defense is a good offense. ..... General George Washington, 1777

Descant 05-23-2019 03:27 PM

Wolfeboro?
 
Sometime back there was some info about the Dive trying to work with Wolfeboro to use public docks. It appeared to me that they had already scheduled some Wolfeboro charters.
Any more info on that? (I think the issues of distance, etc. have already been thrashed around.)

Outdoorsman 05-23-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 312234)
Taz - I respectfully disagree with only one of your comments ….. I see Patrician as an ideal location (somewhat closer than Braun) that area has vast sandbar area for the Spuds & draws a good sized crowd. Yes, it drops off quickly but again plenty of shoreline to find a spot provided they arrive before 10:00a.

The other unmentioned spot -- and it is where I think they will go often is to the Margate ……….. provided that they can fit under the bridge. Again, they would have to transport early so as to avoid the channel congestion.

All in all -- I like the idea of the Dive on the Lake -- I also can sympathize with the abutters view & their concerns -- yet, the Dive adds new character to the Lake, certainly is a talking piece when taking visitors on a ride, presents a unique place to take visitors periodically ….. but I have to admit (yes I have been aboard a few times) not a place you would hang out at every weekend....unfortunately- seems everyone here has been trying to "sink" it from the onset.

Very well said. This is likely the crowd that the Dive is looking for.

jazzman 05-23-2019 04:37 PM

I never heard anything about Wolfeboro. I'm sure Jo Green's wouldn't like it much. It would be a terrible match anyway. Wolfeboro isn't exactly a Dive kinda place. The Weir's is a good home for it. It's just too bad they're abusing that dock by sticking 65 feet out in the wrong direction and being a bad neighbor.

I think people will have to hold onto their drinks if they're going to stay broadside to the waves that might be there in the summer. Things get tough on the Akwa docks. I assume it's similar broadside to the water on winni pier.

TheTimeTraveler 05-23-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmrealtors (Post 312179)
Here are some photos of my new view. I know everyone has their opinions but please imagine if this was your home you live in and how you would feel losing any portion of your view you have always had.
I was never notified as an abutter of this and although they say they leave all day to go to the sand bar...they have not moved in a week. I can't imagine them leaving 7 days a week even on windy, chilly days this Summer. My poor neighbors behind me now only see the dive when they look out their back porches.

***Hoping the owners consider all us neighbors and do the right thing***

That is a nasty view and I would immediately research a good knowledgeable marine law attorney to see if you have a valid case to go forward, and start making some noise.

One thing is for sure; it negatively affects your property values!

If enough of your neighbors are on board you may have a very good class action case.

A good place to start is the licensing authorities who give licenses for water worthiness, plus food and beverage licensing.

Without licenses they are out of business permanently (they can not and will not operate without a financial incentive).

Keep us posted......

Descant 05-23-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 312319)
That is a nasty view and I would immediately research a good knowledgeable marine law attorney to see if you have a valid case to go forward, and start making some noise.

One thing is for sure; it negatively affects your property values!

If enough of your neighbors are on board you may have a very good class action case.

A good place to start is the licensing authorities who give licenses for water worthiness, plus food and beverage licensing.

Without licenses they are out of business permanently (they can not and will not operate without a financial incentive).

Keep us posted......

I know this sounds rude, but not intended that way. Just don't know how else to summarize: Sounds like reading too many magazines at the beauty parlor. Class action?

Reilly 05-24-2019 03:57 AM

correct
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 312111)
SO my question becomes:

with mooring and docks and the current laws, isn't it true that current boats cannot swing off a mooring or be docked over the property line of a neighbor? wouldn't this hold true in this situation, especially because of property lines already established, and there are slips under that pier that boats went into that kept them on the pier's side of a property line.

I for one am disappointed with East Coast Flight tech and the Dive owners for setting up this way, and I hope it is temporary. One would think neighbor discussion should have happened.


Seems like ever since the Goodhue Hawkins/East Coast Flight Craft took over Colbalt up in NH they have been trying to take over the world, which good for them, and I'm fine with that but now they are over stretching with this move. They wont block the Anthony's view but will cross over the property line to block others and yes that is a navigational hazard in that area

I truly believe that property owner and the owners on that street have a legitimate complaint in multiple aspects

you are absolutly correct & they will act on it

SAMIAM 05-24-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 312292)
From the wording of the original post it seems like GBGX2 is involved with the Dive.

I can see the value of a business owner plugging their business to the forums many subscribers but wondering if that is within the rules.
I'd love to post specials and notices about my business but didn't think advertising was allowed.

joey2665 05-24-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 312342)
I can see the value of a business owner plugging their business to the forums many subscribers but wondering if that is within the rules.

I'd love to post specials and notices about my business but didn't think advertising was allowed.

Maybe the webmaster can start a restaurant section similar to the classifieds were you can post menus, specials openings etc. I think many would view is as food is always a major topic this site.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Mr. V 05-24-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 312292)
From the wording of the original post it seems like GBGX2 is involved with the Dive.

Indeed.

HGBFX2 has also, understandably, been MIA and chosen not to wade in the perilous waters of this thread.

No sense letting yourself become a target.

fatlazyless 05-24-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 312326)
I know this sounds rude, but not intended that way. Just don't know how else to summarize: Sounds like reading too many magazines at the beauty parlor. Class action?

…..the two water front homes down the bottom of Simpson Ave, and the homes on the right side of the road with back porch views of the water all have the same exact issue ….and belong in the same CLASS of plaintiffs to hire an attorney and pursue a legal remedy to stop The Dive from permanently blocking what's been an open view, there, for the last 119-years and earlier.

Having a group of neighbors, all together in the same CLASS is a good way to share and lower the legal expense … plus it probably brings the neighbors together ….. united in the fight against the large and invasive Dive restaurant and bar …. bottoms up!~ :idea:

webmaster 05-24-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 312342)
I can see the value of a business owner plugging their business to the forums many subscribers but wondering if that is within the rules.
I'd love to post specials and notices about my business but didn't think advertising was allowed.

I'd rather not see weekly specials announcements posted but since this is the "Restaurant Information..." section I don't mind at all if the owners post information occasionally about their businesses that our readers would be interested in. If your restaurant is doing something new or has a significant change certainly let us forum readers know. If you do it wisely you can both benefit your business and stay within the "no advertisement" rule. A good example of how that can be done is Baygo. If you follow his posts you know that he owns Tavern 27 and have learned quite a bit about the place. He recently posted a poll about his new distillery. That could be viewed as promotional but it's also the kind of fun and information this section is for. I assume many forum readers would like to know when the distillery is operational and I hope he tells us. If that sends some business his way that's great. I don't think he's ever posted anything I'd consider a blatant advertisement.

Another great way to help your business it to simply monitor the forum and answer questions. If somebody asks where you can get Prime Rib at the lake it is perfectly fine to reply and say "We've got the best Prime Rib around! Come on over!" and even slip in other information and your menu.

Having said all that I'll admit that the original post does kind of cross the line into an advertisement but I let it go because of the tremendous interest in the Dive and the desire for more information. Regular forum visitors know that the rules get bent quite often but if the Dive starts posting their weekend drink specials I may have to step in. ;)

GBGX2 05-25-2019 04:45 AM

Actually, I don’t...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 312292)
From the wording of the original post it seems like GBGX2 is involved with the Dive.

While I have met the owners once in person over a year ago, I have not had the occasion to speak to them or see them since. I have no inside knowledge or financial interest in the venture.

My original post was just quoting their Facebook page, thought it was a great picture- that’s it!

Cheers!

SAMIAM 05-25-2019 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 312392)
I'd rather not see weekly specials announcements posted but since this is the "Restaurant Information..." section I don't mind at all if the owners post information occasionally about their businesses that our readers would be interested in. If your restaurant is doing something new or has a significant change certainly let us forum readers know. If you do it wisely you can both benefit your business and stay within the "no advertisement" rule. A good example of how that can be done is Baygo. If you follow his posts you know that he owns Tavern 27 and have learned quite a bit about the place. He recently posted a poll about his new distillery. That could be viewed as promotional but it's also the kind of fun and information this section is for. I assume many forum readers would like to know when the distillery is operational and I hope he tells us. If that sends some business his way that's great. I don't think he's ever posted anything I'd consider a blatant advertisement.

Another great way to help your business it to simply monitor the forum and answer questions. If somebody asks where you can get Prime Rib at the lake it is perfectly fine to reply and say "We've got the best Prime Rib around! Come on over!" and even slip in other information and your menu.

Having said all that I'll admit that the original post does kind of cross the line into an advertisement but I let it go because of the tremendous interest in the Dive and the desire for more information. Regular forum visitors know that the rules get bent quite often but if the Dive starts posting their weekend drink specials I may have to step in. ;)

Thanks for explaining. Sounds very reasonable. Two weeks ago I was going to make a post that we were closing for a week to install a new kitchen floor but didn't know if that was acceptable. Seems like it would have been ok now that you've explained it. Appreciate the job you do.

Homerun 05-25-2019 01:14 PM

looking forward to some cocktails and some good times with family and friends. ithink the move to the weirs was a great business move and i hear they will be headed out on the lake on occasion. i wish them the best.

sum-r breeze 05-26-2019 04:17 PM

Fun Fun Fun!!
 
We went to The Dive today for lunch and some cocktails. What an awesome experience The owners Jamie and Betsy do a phenomenal job with hospitality. They move from table to table conversing with their patrons and making each and every one of us feel like old friends. The outdoor atmosphere and the “on water” feel of the dive was something entirely different for the Weirs and a welcomed change from the other offerings there. The food was good and fresh and the drinks were fantastic. Great job Jamie and Betsy! You brought something new and exciting to the Weirs! Best of luck for a successful season! (Paulie from good fellas)

Top-Water 05-26-2019 10:46 PM

Stumbled across this ......... what do you think came to mind. :):)


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LwM-C8wfJMU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hillcountry 05-27-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Water (Post 312500)
Stumbled across this ......... what do you think came to mind. :):)


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LwM-C8wfJMU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Weirs dive 6 la-da-da-da-da-daaa
Weirs dive 6 la-da-da-da-da-daaa
Weirs dive 6 la-da-da-da-da-daaaaaa
At the Flightcraft docks! :D

Phantom 05-28-2019 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Respecting the change that occurred to the owners on Simpson Dr. from the water side this has a completely different perspective.

fatlazyless 05-28-2019 06:56 AM

...... FAKE NEWS! ..... that's from the outside look'n in ..... you need to consider the view from the inside look'n out .... which is a different scale ..... and a different view ..... for the last 119+ years has been an open view


Look'n out from shore, The Dive barge structure is very close and takes up a greater width of the view than when viewed from further out on the water and look'n at it. Is all about perspective and scale as viewed from up close or further away.

Any way you look at it …. is one big ugly, floating restaurant, size 24' x 62' x 30' that clutters up the view, shows up with no advance notice, makes no effort to talk with the neighbors, introduces sounds, smells, and people activity where there was none before into a recreation non-commercial use lake area ….. and looks to be there permanently for years and years and years.

robmac 05-29-2019 09:04 AM

If abutters have concerns speak with the owners and if not fruitful then check Marine patrol and or the town. It's a business and I for one don't see an issue. I do recall friends of mine renting that property so unless its changed hands are the owners actually there all the time? These owners have invested what I can only imagine the number of hours and dollars preparing for it to be on the water so again I would think they would have looked into all possible pitfalls. BTW haven't been yet don't know the owners or have any money invested.

Outdoorsman 05-29-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 312582)
...... introduces sounds, smells, and people activity where there was none before into a recreation non-commercial use lake area ….. and looks to be there permanently for years and years and years.

Every bit of the above is false. It is docked on the pier of Weirs Blvd and there are plenty of commercial use vessels on the lake. The M/S Mount Washington comes to mind.... and that is only yards away The Dive.

garysanfran 05-29-2019 02:34 PM

If this photo had been taken 100' to the south...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 312580)
Respecting the change that occurred to the owners on Simpson Dr. from the water side this has a completely different perspective.

You would not see that house, whereas a few weeks ago you would. The Dive is blocking that section.

I don't have much of an opinion on this. It's not my battle and I have other things of more concern...HOWEVER!

Now you also have a business with lots of people in your view and viewing back. Wasn't like that before. It doesn't appear that would have been the case with Anthony's...Plus Anthony's is in a building that has been there since the time of the glaciers, well maybe the Irwins.

How is Anthony's doing?

pjard 05-29-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 312657)
Every bit of the above is false. It is docked on the pier of Weirs Blvd and there are plenty of commercial use vessels on the lake. The M/S Mount Washington comes to mind.... and that is only yards away The Dive.

Sorry but The Dive is an eyesore on this awesome lake. I don't post many complaints on this forum but I hate that monstrosity.

Outdoorsman 05-30-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjard (Post 312690)
Sorry but The Dive is an eyesore on this awesome lake. I don't post many complaints on this forum but I hate that monstrosity.

Nevertheless; everything in the quote that I was addressing is just plain false. I am sure you can agree with that at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
...... introduces sounds, smells, and people activity where there was none before into a recreation non-commercial use lake area ….. and looks to be there permanently for years and years and years.
As for it being there permanently, the same was said last summer when it sat at the sand bar and that proved to be false.

Top-Water 05-31-2019 05:06 AM

The original party boat? I don't know. Imagine the outrage back then. The current lakes region party boat is not my cup of tea either, but not an obsession. Just a little weird for my taste. Hard to warm up to. But others seem to be enjoying it so I'll deal with it.

https://i.imgur.com/gkVpDcP.jpg

garysanfran 05-31-2019 06:06 AM

It's gone...
 
1 Attachment(s)
Where did it go?

webmaster 05-31-2019 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 312792)
Where did it go?

At the gas dock. You can check the gas dock with this webcam:

https://flightcraft.lakehost.net/index.php/webcam/

garysanfran 05-31-2019 06:18 AM

Think I found it...
 
1 Attachment(s)
A confusing location.

Is this just for a "pump out"?

upthesaukee 06-02-2019 06:41 AM

Oooooooooooppppppps
 
1 Attachment(s)
Oops Gary, you lost it again:D

Dave


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.