Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Possible "Real Snow Storm" 2/8/2013 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15388)

Resident 2B 02-05-2013 03:20 PM

Possible "Real Snow Storm" 2/8/2013

Well, the models, especially the ECMWF, are either starting to show or are holding onto a major snow storm for the New England area for this Friday. If the ECMWF is correct, it could be one to remember for the Lakes Region.

This is just to make those that are traveling in for the Derby aware of the potential. It is still three days out and not all of the models are agreeing with the ECMWF.

Time will tell.:)

R2B

Belmont Resident 02-05-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident 2B (Post 198539)
Well, the models, especially the ECMWF, are either starting to show or are holding onto a major snow storm for the New England area for this Friday. If the ECMWF is correct, it could be one to remember for the Lakes Region.

This is just to make those that are traveling in for the Derby aware of the potential. It is still three days out and not all of the models are agreeing with the ECMWF.

Time will tell.:)

R2B

Screw the derby :D we need it for the states economy, not just the Meredith economy. Not for nothing but a lot more businesses state wide will benefit from a huge snowstorm then the loss that would come if the derby was affected. :cool:
Don't get me wrong I don't fish and I'm not against the derby at all, but I do hope we get dumped on and dumped on but good, we need it.
Blizzard would suit me and all my fellow snowmobilers just fine. :laugh:
But, until it is on the ground we just won't know.

Resident 2B 02-05-2013 04:51 PM

Win win

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198547)
Screw the derby :D we need it for the states economy, not just the Meredith economy. Not for nothing but a lot more businesses state wide will benefit from a huge snowstorm then the loss that would come if the derby was affected. :cool:
Don't get me wrong I don't fish and I'm not against the derby at all, but I do hope we get dumped on and dumped on but good, we need it.

BR,

I was thinking win-win. Those coming in for the weekend might think of coming in early, spending another night or two at the place they are renting, eating another day or two in a local place, etc, etc.

If the models are right, Saturday and Sunday should be great days! The lake will be more beautiful than ever with the fresh snow cover and the mountains will be breath-taking. Snow machines all over the fresh snow on the ice and in the woods with the snow keeping the engines cool.

Winter heaven right here in NH if the models forecasting snow are correct. I hope they are! We need it!!!

R2B:)

SAB1 02-05-2013 05:07 PM

I hope they are right. Two years without riding a new sled are getting old. :laugh:

Belmont Resident 02-05-2013 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAB1 (Post 198553)
I hope they are right. Two years without riding a new sled are getting old. :laugh:

I just watched 4, 5, 7, 9 and 25 and they are all edging towards it being a good size storm with over a foot a good possibility.
It looks like light snow from Thursday night into Friday morning then the really heavy stuff starts Friday afternoon into early Saturday morning.
Bring it on. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm really looking forward to spend some quality time with my plow truck.
Oh and my Jack Russell co-pilot who hasn't missed many storms since 2004 when I started plowing.

ishoot308 02-05-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198547)

Hey B.R.

The Derby isn't just for Meredith anymore. As of this year it is open to every lake in the state and many different species of fish. The Derby benefits the entire state.

Dan

tis 02-05-2013 07:21 PM

Was he in the seat of the ATV, BR?

Belmont Resident 02-05-2013 08:32 PM

Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 198572)
Was he in the seat of the ATV, BR?

SHE, has about 2K on the ATV, maybe 500 on the motorcycle and been riding shotgun ever since she was a puppy.
The only thing she doesn't do is go out snowmobiling, it is just way to cold and it wouldn't be fair to try and take a dog with us when there are day where we do not get back to 8-10 hours.
Oh and she is on youtube water skiing behind a radio controlled boat out on the lake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezBWl85f4Uo

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ezBWl85f4Uo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bear Island South 02-06-2013 07:23 AM

Boston news is calling for 8-12" in the Worcester, MA area

tis 02-06-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198585)
SHE, has about 2K on the ATV, maybe 500 on the motorcycle and been riding shotgun ever since she was a puppy.
The only thing she doesn't do is go out snowmobiling, it is just way to cold and it wouldn't be fair to try and take a dog with us when there are day where we do not get back to 8-10 hours.
Oh and she is on youtube water skiing behind a radio controlled boat out on the lake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezBWl85f4Uo

Sorry, SHE!! We takes our's everywhere too. One of our toys poodles flipped with my better half while on the snow machine going down the lake. I wasn't too happy about that! Everyone was ok though. Is that the pic you had on here of her waterskiing? I loved that, it was amazing!

Island Girl 02-06-2013 01:02 PM

Current Boston and area Snow Forecast - Yikes!

http://www1.whdh.com/images/weather/...20130206124114

gtxrider 02-06-2013 03:37 PM

Snow dance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Island Girl (Post 198623)

Do you have your snow dancing shoes on?

Belmont Resident 02-06-2013 06:38 PM

Wait and see!

I've plowed 5 times this winter, on two of those occasions the predictions were for significantly more snow then was on the ground when it was all said and done. On the 12/27 storm they predicted during the storm 12-18" and we got 6". :cool: :cool:
So I will hope for the best (12-24" of snow) and expect 3-6" of snow. I will consider anything more then that a bonus and be happy. :D
What would make me really happy is if the rain snow line came up to Boston and put us smack dab in the really heavy amounts. :D :D
At least it is going to be nice light fluffy snow, so even 12" can be pushed around with ease.

Island Girl 02-06-2013 06:38 PM

I might have over done it

Too much snow dancing... I am getting buried on Friday in MA.

BroadHopper 02-06-2013 06:51 PM

Wicked Pissah!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Ayah, time to rack a beer!

Merrymeeting 02-06-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Island Girl (Post 198651)
Too much snow dancing... I am getting buried on Friday in MA.

You always do IG. Everyone keeps asking us how we're handling our first, full, winter in NH. They don't believe me when I tell them we always had more snow where I lived before! :rolleye2:

Belmont Resident 02-06-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 198657)
You always do IG. Everyone keeps asking us how we're handling our first, full, winter in NH. They don't believe me when I tell them we always had more snow where I lived before! :rolleye2:

THAT'S IT, you've jinksed us, no wonder our winters have been so dismal.:(
And we all thought it was global warming, no, Merrymeeting moving, that's it. :laugh:

NoBozo 02-06-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198658)
And we all thought it was global warming, no, Merrymeeting moving, that's it. :laugh:

BR: I am saddened : You have not been keeping track of the Current SPIN: It's NOT Global Warming anymore: It's now CLIMATE CHANGE. Just Sayin'..:D NB

Belmont Resident 02-06-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBozo (Post 198663)
BR: I am saddened : You have not been keeping track of the Current SPIN: It's NOT Global Warming anymore: It's now CLIMATE CHANGE. Just Sayin'..:D NB

Climate change, is that like this year and last year were really terrible :emb: and next year the climate changes and we have the winters back again? :D

Belmont Resident 02-06-2013 09:00 PM

Facebook

If some of the reports that are being put are to be believed, the end of the world is coming on Friday night.
20-30" of snow for us on a model put out by New England weather works. Those guys have got to stop smoking that stuff.
Talked with a friend on FB who said these guys are always blowing things out of proportion.:(

Resident 2B 02-06-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198670)
If some of the reports that are being put are to be believed, the end of the world is coming on Friday night.
20-30" of snow for us on a model put out by New England weather works. Those guys have got to stop smoking that stuff.
Talked with a friend on FB who said these guys are always blowing things out of proportion.:(

Although all the elements seem to be coming together, I would divide the New England Weather works number by 2. There is one model that supports their number, but I think we are too far north, or the storm will be too far south, for this to happen.

It will be a snowy period with some good winds. I hope the winds do not mess things up by blowing the snow off the trails and into the woods. Also concerned about ground blizzard white outs on the ice.

Enjoy the snow!

R2B

Belmont Resident 02-07-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident 2B (Post 198672)
Although all the elements seem to be coming together, I would divide the New England Weather works number by 2. There is one model that supports their number, but I think we are too far north, or the storm will be too far south, for this to happen.

It will be a snowy period with some good winds. I hope the winds do not mess things up by blowing the snow off the trails and into the woods. Also concerned about ground blizzard white outs on the ice.

Enjoy the snow!

R2B

Thanks, the winds always worry me as well when I'm out plowing. One second snow the next white out, white knuckle until you can stop.
Hope for the best expect the worst, that is how I look at weather now. The best being we get the snow, the worst being we do not.:D
I only hope that if it is as bad as they are saying it could get, people stay home and leave the roads to those of us that have to be out.
Be safe out there :)

gillygirl 02-07-2013 06:36 AM

Models are only inputs to the forecast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198670)

I have a friend who's a meteorologist and a really good forecaster (let's face it...some are not both). He says never to confuse model output with the actual forecast, since they frequently combine output from several models to make a forecast. He said one model was giving Boston over 3' yesterday. I know channel 5 is showing a couple of different models.

Never heard of New England weather works. I'll have to check them out to see what they are smoking! ;)

GG

Belmont Resident 02-07-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 198678)
I have a friend who's a meteorologist and a really good forecaster (let's face it...some are not both). He says never to confuse model output with the actual forecast, since they frequently combine output from several models to make a forecast. He said one model was giving Boston over 3' yesterday. I know channel 5 is showing a couple of different models.

Never heard of New England weather works. I'll have to check them out to see what they are smoking! ;)

GG

What ever it is they are smoking it can't be legal. :laugh:
Have a great day, think snow, I have to go put paint on walls. :)

Blue Thunder 02-07-2013 11:24 AM

CLA does a tremendous job on his FB page of covering the Lakes Region..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lak...am/24119259312

Rusty 02-07-2013 11:38 AM

They are calling this "Winter Storm Nemo".

"Nemo" spelled backwards is Omen :eek:... is that spooky or what??

Winter Storm Nemo: Potential Historic Blizzard Looms

upthesaukee 02-07-2013 12:58 PM

Nemo is a Weather channel thing

National weather service does not name winter storms.

It is part of the NBC hype that has changed the Weather channel from just that...a weather channel with meteorologists...into an extension of its parent network.

Hated to see the change...

The reason they wanted to name storms was to ensure that people pay attention to powerful and or dangerous storms..

Gee, I thought that was the job of the meterologists. ;)

hilltopper 02-07-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 198698)
CLA does a tremendous job on his FB page of covering the Lakes Region..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lak...am/24119259312

My biggest dislike regarding Facebook...it has robbed the Winni Forum of CLA and his awesome weather discussions.

SIKSUKR 02-07-2013 01:24 PM

I hope we'll be finding an extra does of Nemo.

BroadHopper 02-07-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilltopper (Post 198710)
My biggest dislike regarding Facebook...it has robbed the Winni Forum of CLA and his awesome weather discussions.

Nope. I see his predictions everyday on the main page of winni.com.

Rusty 02-07-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 198708)
National weather service does not name winter storms.

It is part of the NBC hype that has changed the Weather channel from just that...a weather channel with meteorologists...into an extension of its parent network.

Hated to see the change...

The reason they wanted to name storms was to ensure that people pay attention to powerful and or dangerous storms..

Gee, I thought that was the job of the meterologists. ;)

Hype or not, I like "The Weather Channel"...and...I like the idea of them putting a name to a major winter storm.

Jeanzb1 02-07-2013 02:26 PM

OMG, I am soooo very envious of the BIG STORM you lucky people up in Mass. and NH are about to get. I am living vicariously through these weather reports. A big snow will be fabulous for everyone!

trfour 02-07-2013 02:35 PM

Latest On Accumulations/Predictions

1 Attachment(s)
From WBZ Boston....

Terry

Justenuff 02-07-2013 03:01 PM

Try this Web Site

I've been following this guy for a while now, he's pretty good on his predictions. A little farther south than the big lake, but worth checking out.

http://www.atkinsonweather.com/

Bear Island South 02-08-2013 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess they were thinking of the Fishing Derby when they named this storm.

Belmont Resident 02-08-2013 07:22 AM

Weather channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 198712)
Nope. I see his predictions everyday on the main page of winni.com.

Having two businesses that rely on accurate weather forecasting, I can say from experience that the weather channel has the worst record for accuracy.
NECN and WMTW have been the most accurate from my experience. IMHO

rander7823 02-08-2013 08:24 AM

How many Yukis?

So has Yuki made a prediction yet?

SteveA 02-08-2013 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rander7823 (Post 198779)
So has Yuki made a prediction yet?

Not yet, heck, he just got out of bed and hasn't even done his hair yet!

He's put in a call to wardrobe and the stylist.. maybe a little later today. :)

Attachment 7527

tis 02-08-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 198781)
Not yet, heck, he just got out of bed and hasn't even done his hair yet!

He's put in a call to wardrobe and the stylist.. maybe a little later today. :)

Attachment 7527

I forgot if you mentioned, is he a rag doll cat?
He is so beautiful.

gtxrider 02-08-2013 09:08 AM

here it comes

Snowing here in New Joisey....Enjoy the snow!

BroadHopper 02-08-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198771)
Having two businesses that rely on accurate weather forecasting, I can say from experience that the weather channel has the worst record for accuracy.

That is why I am very very upset bout the FCC decision that Belknap County is in the Boston market not Portland. I miss WMTW.

WMTW was Laconia's station since the '50's.

SteveA 02-08-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 198783)
I forgot if you mentioned, is he a rag doll cat?
He is so beautiful.

No, Yuki is a Hymalian. He is a beauty, great cat!

gillygirl 02-08-2013 03:20 PM

Has he forecasted yet

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 198795)
No, Yuki is a Hymalian. He is a beauty, great cat!

Checked the history of Yuki to learn he's quite the forecaster. Has he made a decision yet?

GG

Resident 2B 02-08-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 198797)
Checked the history of Yuki to learn he's quite the forecaster. Has he made a decision yet?

GG

All of us weather nuts are waiting to hear what YUKI is forecasting for local snow depths. Come on Steve, get that cat in gear! :)

Enjoy this storm and stay safe!

R2B

Belmont Resident 02-08-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident 2B (Post 198801)
All of us weather nuts are waiting to hear what YUKI is forecasting for local snow depths. Come on Steve, get that cat in gear! :)

Enjoy this storm and stay safe!

R2B

I don't know about you but I'm getting tired of waiting. Ah whole lotta blowing but not a lot ah snowin.

Resident 2B 02-08-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198803)
I don't know about you but I'm getting tired of waiting. Ah whole lotta blowing but not a lot ah snowin.

I am at our home near Boston for the storm. We are on the North Shore. Winds are about 30 mph, gusting to 40 mph, snow is sideways, visibility is less than 1/4 mile and we had one inch the last hour.

Be patient, it is coming.

R2B

Belmont Resident 02-08-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident 2B (Post 198805)
I am at our home near Boston for the storm. We are on the North Shore. Winds are about 30 mph, gusting to 40 mph, snow is sideways, visibility is less than 1/4 mile and we had one inch the last hour.

Be patient, it is coming.

R2B

My son said it is coming down pretty good in southern NH, he lives in Milford.
Looks like ski ares may get a bit on Monday then we may be in for another storm on Thursday. Hope so :D :D :D :D

tpabrad 02-08-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198808)
Looks like ski ares may get a bit on Monday then we may be in for another storm on Thursday. Hope so :D :D :D :D

Ive been patiently watching the boards and the weather because I'll be up in 2 weeks for some snowmobiling. Was looking pretty bad there for a while. And its hard to judge when you have to get your plane ticket at least a month in advance. 1 storm isnt enough for me to settle down, will be happy if 2 storms come through and dump a lot! I was up for last years derby and couldnt believe the lack of snow.

Merrymeeting 02-08-2013 07:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=i6zaVYWLTkU

Belmont Resident 02-08-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 198813)

You know that probably isn't to far off from what they were showing on TV.
Isn't it amazing that in this day and age people just go into a panic whenever there is a storm coming. Like the world is gonna end and all the food will disappear from all the stores.
Cold temps and light snow do not bring power lines or tree's down. Besides with all that wind we had in the last month anything that was going to come down already has.
Still not a whole lot happening here, I was going to go out tonight but I'm going to head to bed and get some sleep then head out around 3am or so to start plowing.
None of my customers are going anywhere until the storm is over.

Oh and we just let the dogs out, we have about 4" here in Belmont.

trfour 02-08-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 198813)

Way Funny, Merrymeeting!! The guy must be from Texas! :laugh:

Terry

brk-lnt 02-08-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198808)

I'm in Amherst. It really hasn't been that much yet, maybe 5" or so all day.

Resident 2B 02-08-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198816)
You know that probably isn't to far off from what they were showing on TV.
Isn't it amazing that in this day and age people just go into a panic whenever there is a storm coming. Like the world is gonna end and all the food will disappear from all the stores.
Cold temps and light snow do not bring power lines or tree's down. Besides with all that wind we had in the last month anything that was going to come down already has.
Still not a whole lot happening here, I was going to go out tonight but I'm going to head to bed and get some sleep then head out around 3am or so to start plowing.
None of my customers are going anywhere until the storm is over.

Oh and we just let the dogs out, we have about 4" here in Belmont.

Your patience has been rewarded. :) This is the real deal.

Stay safe all!

R2B

eillac@dow 02-08-2013 09:17 PM

Coming down real good....and very heavy snow here in Weymouth, Ma. Won't be long before lights are out.

Irish Choppers 02-08-2013 09:31 PM

Heavy wind in Sturbridge MA

Heavy wind in Sturbridge MA right now with snow coming down sideways. Coming your way guys. I'd like to take my sled up to our place in Meredith tomorrow if the Governor lifts the State of emergency.

Merrymeeting 02-08-2013 09:34 PM

Still mostly a southern/coastal storm. Only about 3" here in New Durham.

But, we are on the SW side of a mountain. Earlier today, there was almost no snow or wind around our house. But looking at the lake through binoculars, it was almost whiteout on the ice. Perhaps we are missing most through the protection of the mountain.

Belmont Resident 02-09-2013 01:32 AM

ttotal white out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 198827)
Still mostly a southern/coastal storm. Only about 3" here in New Durham.

But, we are on the SW side of a mountain. Earlier today, there was almost no snow or wind around our house. But looking at the lake through binoculars, it was almost whiteout on the ice. Perhaps we are missing most through the protection of the mountain.

Couldn't sleep so I left to plow, got maybe 1/2 mile before returning to the house. Absolute white out, couldn't even see the road. Going to be a tough day tomorrow. Good 12 inches out there now.
Anyone expecting the plow guy to have done their driveway think again, it isn't safe to be out on the roads.

Resident 2B 02-09-2013 01:57 AM

Unreal storm here in Mass. Bad timing as it messed up the derby for me and about 14 other folks we were having up this weekend.

Be safe BR. This storm has a big punch. Wind driven snow is tough to deal with. Think how bad it must be on the lake tonight.

I never sleep during a big storm. :)

R2B

This'nThat 02-09-2013 07:15 AM

What is so important about sledding?

I don't own a sled, so I can't possibly understand: What was so important at 9:00pm last night that would compel two sledders to be out in the middle of Alton Bay? If they got into trouble (and one of them was having engine problems), there would have been no possible assistance whatsoever. Is sledding in a blizzard that important?

snowflake 02-09-2013 07:44 AM

winter wonderland

It's absolutely gorgeous in Newton, MA. The snow is still fairly heavy and blowing sideways. The cars are buried and roads are closed. I'd say there's about 18 inches already. During the night I t was whiteout. At least we still have power. How is it in Wolfeboro and around the Lake?

gillygirl 02-09-2013 07:48 AM

Be safe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198832)
Couldn't sleep so I left to plow, got maybe 1/2 mile before returning to the house. Absolute white out, couldn't even see the road. Going to be a tough day tomorrow. Good 12 inches out there now.
Anyone expecting the plow guy to have done their driveway think again, it isn't safe to be out on the roads.

Stay safe out there, BR. Glad you're getting the snow so you can earn some money and then have a ton of fun!

Me, I injure myself every time I try a winter sport, so I'll just enjoy it from the couch until I have to shovel the 22.5" of wonder.

GG

This'nThat 02-09-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198771)

The only thing the weather channel is good at, is turning a weather report into hype. This naming of snow storms is pure bogus. They don't have any talent, so they have to resort to gimmicks to gain attention. Did you know that this storm will affect more than 50M people? And so did the last one. And the one before that. And so on. Yet, that's the weather channel headline for EVERY storm, as though that's supposed to impress us with their counting ability.

BroadHopper 02-09-2013 08:42 AM

Kitchen Cravings

is open! Care to join me for storm stories over coffee?

Blue Thunder 02-09-2013 06:32 PM

Couldn't agree with you more...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198832)

Unfortunately I don't have the option of turning around and going home as I run a Public Works operation and just walked in the door from a 34 hour shift. I've been plowing for 35 years and last night was one of, if not, the worst conditions I have ever experienced. Blizzard conditions for nearly 10 hours, thunder snow and a phenomena similar to vertigo are things I have experienced over the years. Last night was surreal and every one of my hired contractors told me the same thing. BTW, thunder snow is awesome...
BT

tis 02-09-2013 06:40 PM

Well, Resident 2B, I think this was a "Real Snow Storm"!!! :) You titled this post well!

Bear Island South 02-09-2013 07:37 PM

Snow Totals

What are the snow totals around the Lake?

Slickcraft 02-09-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear Island South (Post 198896)
What are the snow totals around the Lake?

20" here in West Alton. Gunstock 4 miles away claims 26".

Belmont Resident 02-10-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 198898)
20" here in West Alton. Gunstock 4 miles away claims 26".

It was like that, WMUR says Belmont 19 while Laconia got 13. I plow a lot across from the high school and I know I had at least 18" of snow. I should have measured the depth before I started moving it.
Hey slickcraft, maybe all that snow that blew off the fields stuck to the mountain, hence Gunstocks totals, or maybe they were blowing snow during the storm :laugh:
Hey the good news for all us snow lovers is more storms are possible for this up coming week into next weekend.
North country could pick up 6-10 inches from a storm on Monday that will start out as snow possibly heavy and then turn to rain for us. Then possible storm for Thursday and then next Saturday.

Link to WMUR storm totals.
http://m.wmur.com/weather/February-N...tO02Q.facebook

fatlazyless 02-10-2013 06:42 AM

Just counted 101 different New Hampshire towns and snow depths on the linked list above, however Plymouth, NH, was not on the list; and WMUR-Channel 9-tv news mentioned last evening that Plymouth got just 7.5 inches of snow which would make it the lowest snow total on the list, if it were on the list?

So, what's the snow total for Plymouth, NH, home of Plymouth State University and their Dept of Meteorology?

Belmont Resident 02-10-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 198913)
Just counted 101 different New Hampshire towns and snow depths on the linked list above, however Plymouth, NH, was not on the list; and WMUR-Channel 9-tv news mentioned last evening that Plymouth got just 7.5 inches of snow which would make it the lowest snow total on the list, if it were on the list?

So, what's the snow total for Plymouth, NH, home of Plymouth State University and their Dept of Meteorology?

Numbers are all over the place. I just watched a Mass station that put Portland with a half a foot more then WMUR had last night. Unless they got more snow after the report.
All I know is I've been plowing a crap load of snow and the trucks warming up now to do final clean-ups. Where else can you make a weeks pay in a 24 hour period! :D :D :D
Looking forward to getting plowable snow tomorrow, I hope! :) :)

CrownRay 02-12-2013 08:46 AM

Another one on the way!

Many weather sites are pointing to another big storm for Sunday Night. Bet you just love that news!

Belmont Resident 02-12-2013 05:30 PM

Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownRay (Post 199034)
Many weather sites are pointing to another big storm for Sunday Night. Bet you just love that news!

And with the way all the snow is melting there will be all kinds of room for it.
37 out as I was driving home and it is going to be warm most of this week and in the 40's by Friday. :(:(
Noticed the open water under the Black Cat island bride got noticeably large from this morning to this afternoon. :eek:

tpabrad 02-12-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 199074)
And with the way all the snow is melting there will be all kinds of room for it.
37 out as I was driving home and it is going to be warm most of this week and in the 40's by Friday. :(:(
Noticed the open water under the Black Cat island bride got noticeably large from this morning to this afternoon. :eek:

Weather just doesnt want to cooperate.

Resident 2B 02-13-2013 12:37 AM

To me, it looks like the next two systems will go out to sea south of us.

It could get interesting next week, one in the mid-week and one for the weekend, 2/20 and 2/23 or so. Still way early, but the dynamics seem to be there for the events a week to ten days out.

R2B

DickR 02-13-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 198918)
.....Where else can you make a weeks pay in a 24 hour period!

How else can one put in a weeks worth of hours in a 24 hour period!

Belmont Resident 02-13-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickR (Post 199116)
How else can one put in a weeks worth of hours in a 24 hour period!

About 16 total hours.
Still it takes days to recover, and I could do it faster but I'm in no rush.
The truck has lasted this long because unlike many others I see plowing, I don't beat the snow I push it.
Rebuilt transfer case and new turbo this year, all under an extended warranty I purchased a little over a year ago. Transmission slips in overdrive so that will need a rebuild this spring. Warranty will cover that as well. You might say I new it was coming and sure did get my moneys worth times 3 with this warranty.

CanisLupusArctos 02-15-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilltopper (Post 198710)

Wow, thank you! No need to hate facebook for that reason... A couple years ago my life offline started getting busy, repairs and some remodeling... home maintenance that dad always did but doesn't really anymore. I'm the guy who gets up on the ladder now. And I decided to become a firefighter which involved a fair amount of class time.

I found that Facebook was my only option for maintaining weather updates and getting messages/event invitations from friends at the same time. Being on here is definitely more fulfilling than being on facebook... I like the environment here much better! But facebook is what it is.. *sigh* It's been great to see some of you identify yourselves over there with your Winni Forum screen names, makes me feel a bit more "at home."

Some of the repairs and remodeling have been to the WeatherCam web site. Since late fall I have been working on the WeatherCenter section of the site which was last remodeled in 2007. I feel bad about not being around this forum much! But at least the web sites are getting done after collecting dust on my to-do list for a while.

You can, if you want, snag the content I post on Facebook and re-post here! I don't have a problem with it. I check the forum every so often because I haven't left. At the moment I'm using most of my free time for the web site overhaul at BlackCatNH.com/weather. It's online but it's still under construction. I released it last weekend so people could have it for the blizzard that is the subject of this thread! :)

PS Also by request from friends with smartphones I just made a mobile version of the WeatherCam site last month! Changes color scheme to subdued red after sunset so if you're out in the boat at night it's a lot easier on your eyes. www.BlackCatNH.com/m