Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Picollo Market? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23182)

ishoot308 04-15-2018 05:51 AM

Picollo Market?

Went to Moultonborough on Friday and was hoping to stop by Picollo on the way but it was gone! Didn’t hear about it closing down here on the forum. Anyone know what happened?

Dan

Hillcountry 04-15-2018 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 293481)
Went to Moultonborough on Friday and was hoping to stop by Picollo on the way but it was gone! Didn’t hear about it closing down here on the forum. Anyone know what happened?

Dan

Geeze that would be terrible. I called just now and got their answering machine that tells their hours...are you sure you went to the right strip mall? There are a couple of them in that area.

ishoot308 04-15-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 293482)
Geeze that would be terrible. I called just now and got their answering machine that tells their hours...are you sure you went to the right strip mall? There are a couple of them in that area.

It’s quite possible I was at the wrong strip mall...I hope so as I really liked their food when I went by for the first time last year...

Dan

fatlazyless 04-15-2018 06:56 AM

Here's their menu from June, 2017 ...

https://piccolomarket.weebly.com/menu.html .... just my guess, was too up-scale, too high quality, too expensive .... not enough local customers especially through the winter months to keep it going ..... this area is more about chomping down a $4.50 Sam's frozen 4-cheese pizza from you know where .... wally-world ...aka Walmart .... which, by the way, does not get hit with the 9% prepared NH food tax because it is frozen.

Most everyone probably thinks long and hard about that 9% tax before going to a restaurant ...... don't you? So, by warming up a frozen pizza, you get to cut pizza, and cut taxes with each slice ...... ho-buoy ..... is making me hungry!

So, what's the last line at the bottom of the Piccolo menu?

"* Tax is NOT included in the above prices."

Nagigator 04-15-2018 07:35 AM

oh no!

Please say it isn't so. They have the BEST pizza!

Hillcountry 04-15-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagigator (Post 293486)
Please say it isn't so. They have the BEST pizza!

I agree! “The Goodfella’s” pie is literally, the best I have ever tasted!

FLL knows not of what he speaks...when you want top quality product you gladly pay for it, unlike FLL...

ishoot308 04-15-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 293487)
I agree! “The Goodfella’s” pie is literally, the best I have ever tasted!

FLL knows not of what he speaks...when you want top quality product you gladly pay for it, unlike FLL...

I agree Hill about their Goodfella. Here it is!

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...hlight=Picollo

Dan

jeffatsquam 04-15-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 293484)
It’s quite possible I was at the wrong strip mall...I hope so as I really liked their food when I went by for the first time last year...

Dan

It's next to Dunkin' Donuts, I hope its not gone

Hillcountry 04-15-2018 01:40 PM

Just called again and they’re closed today but open tomorrow! Yay!

Nagigator 04-15-2018 02:21 PM

I second that. Yay!

garysanfran 04-15-2018 03:10 PM

Happy to hear...

Picolos is still healthy...

Not sure where else one would get "A's Do Mar Tonno" trancio intero

radiocontester 04-15-2018 03:13 PM

How about deleting this fake news thread?

noreast 04-15-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 293485)
Here's their menu from June, 2017 ...

https://piccolomarket.weebly.com/menu.html .... just my guess, was too up-scale, too high quality, too expensive .... not enough local customers especially through the winter months to keep it going ..... this area is more about chomping down a $4.50 Sam's frozen 4-cheese pizza from you know where .... wally-world ...aka Walmart .... which, by the way, does not get hit with the 9% prepared NH food tax because it is frozen.

Most everyone probably thinks long and hard about that 9% tax before going to a restaurant ...... don't you? So, by warming up a frozen pizza, you get to cut pizza, and cut taxes with each slice ...... ho-buoy ..... is making me hungry!

So, what's the last line at the bottom of the Piccolo menu?

"* Tax is NOT included in the above prices."

No way, If it's very good enough people will pay.

Rusty 04-15-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiocontester (Post 293502)
How about deleting this fake news thread?

Why delete this thread?? He was just asking a question about something that concerned him about a popular market and got an answer.
Nothing fake about that.

radiocontester 04-15-2018 06:17 PM

Title of thread is placing doubt on reality. Reality being that Picollo Market is still in business. A basic search on google would have answered the original question.....preventing a state of panic that the business had possibly closed.

jeffk 04-15-2018 06:29 PM

Is it possible for the thread owner to edit the name, maybe to add something like (Oops, false alarm)?

ishoot308 04-15-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiocontester (Post 293506)
Title of thread is placing doubt on reality. Reality being that Picollo Market is still in business. A basic search on google would have answered the original question.....preventing a state of panic that the business had possibly closed.

Title of thread has a question mark at the end. I was simply asking a question as we thought the store was gone, possibly moved to a new location?? Obviously It is not and a couple posts later confirmed that. I sure do apologize for any “state of panic” that may have occurred.

Dan

Doobs41378 04-15-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiocontester (Post 293506)

Lighten up Francis

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

radiocontester 04-15-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 293510)
Lighten up Francis

LOL....thanks Mr. Sawyer.

rsmlp 04-16-2018 06:54 AM

Seriously?

This is the BEST free advertisement they could have received!

Hillcountry 04-16-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsmlp (Post 293520)
This is the BEST free advertisement they could have received!

I’m happy to give them “free” advertising anytime! They deserve it!

rsmlp 04-16-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 293521)
I’m happy to give them “free” advertising anytime! They deserve it!

So I heard VK is closed...:D

jeffatsquam 04-16-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsmlp (Post 293522)
So I heard VK is closed...:D

They are always closed on Mondays, accept on Holidays. :laugh: They have the best waitress in the Lakes Region.

Newbiesaukee 04-16-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffatsquam (Post 293530)
They are always closed on Mondays, accept on Holidays. :laugh: They have the best waitress in the Lakes Region.

Agree....but I’d plural “waitress.”

mishman 04-17-2018 12:06 PM

Piccolo Market NOT closed

I agree the title of this thread should be changed by original poster. Some people won't even bother to read thread - they will just assume the market is closed. Small businesses have a hard enough time without negative (and untrue) publicity. Piccolo Market is one of the very best things to happen to eating in Moultonborough in a long, long time. They use topnotch ingredients and produce a quality product at a reasonable price. Their catering is fantastic and dare I say a bargain compared to any other caterers in the area. PLEASE change the title of this thread!! Thanks

jbolty 04-17-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishman (Post 293586)
I agree the title of this thread should be changed by original poster. Some people won't even bother to read thread - they will just assume the market is closed. Small businesses have a hard enough time without negative (and untrue) publicity. Piccolo Market is one of the very best things to happen to eating in Moultonborough in a long, long time. They use topnotch ingredients and produce a quality product at a reasonable price. Their catering is fantastic and dare I say a bargain compared to any other caterers in the area. PLEASE change the title of this thread!! Thanks

Agree totally; deleting it all together would be better since it serves no purpose . It was a simple misunderstanding but as mentioned, someone casually scrolling along will see it and get the idea to place is closed.

I manage a couple other forums that have way, way more traffic than this one and vague and misleading thread titles cause all sorts of confusion and cascading problems because most people don't take the time to look beyond the heading.

Hillcountry 04-17-2018 12:39 PM

The sky is falling...the sky is falling!
No reason to delete this thread as anyone with an interest in whether they are open or closed WILL read on and see, to their delight, that Piccolo’s is alive and well!

ishoot308 04-17-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishman (Post 293586)

I did change the title but I can't change what is says on the "forum page title". I believe only Don can do that...

VictorL 04-18-2018 02:10 AM

I shopped there yesterday.

garysanfran 04-18-2018 11:54 AM

Someone once originated the saying...

"Even bad publicity, is better than no publicity at all"

As soon as I saw the title, I got concerned because I know the place, and go there. If you didn't know of the place, and didn't open the thread, no harm. If you didn't know of the place, but opened the thread and found not only is it open, it's a great place to become aware of...A great gain for Piccolo.

Now, I'm think of the place frequently. I can't wait to get back there and get a half-baked pizza and finish it in my oven. Then, wait for ice-out with a big satisfied smiley-face.

Hillcountry 04-18-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 293632)
Someone once originated the saying...

"Even bad publicity, is better than no publicity at all"

As soon as I saw the title, I got concerned because I know the place, and go there. If you didn't know of the place, and didn't open the thread, no harm. If you didn't know of the place, but opened the thread and found not only is it open, it's a great place to become aware of...A great gain for Piccolo.

Now, I'm think of the place frequently. I can't wait to get back there and get a half-baked pizza and finish it in my oven. Then, wait for ice-out with a big satisfied smiley-face.

Well said! I’m thinking of them too. Only one problem I don’t think my oven is big enough to hold a large Goodfella unless I halve it...that would be sacreligious in my mind...soooo good to get it hot from their oven and devour as much as possible right there in their shop! Then we get leftovers to take home!

jbolty 04-18-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorL (Post 293615)
I shopped there yesterday.

Weird. I thought it was closed. :D

Billy Bob 04-18-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbolty (Post 293636)
Weird. I thought it was closed. :D

I heard the same thing on the internet so it must be true

garysanfran 04-18-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 293635)
Well said! I’m thinking of them too. Only one problem I don’t think my oven is big enough to hold a large Goodfella unless I halve it...that would be sacreligious in my mind...soooo good to get it hot from their oven and devour as much as possible right there in their shop! Then we get leftovers to take home!

Last time I had him cut it in half, because you are right...It won't fit into most ovens. It worked out well. I think late last year he came out with a smaller one to address that issue.