Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   True or False? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24936)

ishoot308 08-27-2019 12:48 PM

True or False?

Lots of rumors flying around the docks this weekend...but the one that kept coming up was that Rob Gronkowski bought a home on Governors Island.

What say you...true or false???

Dan

Phantom 08-27-2019 12:57 PM

I heard the same from the Captain while taking a “Tiki Boat” tour of the island 3 weeks ago.

Story goes, he’s “building” a home - if true- that narrows down the options significantly

To me- still just a Rumor.

ishoot308 08-27-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 318420)
I heard the same from the Captain while taking a “Tiki Boat” tour of the island 3 weeks ago.

Story goes, he’s “building” a home - if true- that narrows down the options significantly

To me- still just a Rumor.

Well I heard he bought Marc Bourgeois home on Governors...Again just the rumor mill at the docks saying this but I did hear it multiple times from different people...Yes still just a rumor!

Hillcountry 08-27-2019 01:20 PM

I say “TRUE” why not! He’s a party animal and a McMansion on Winni would be right up his alley!

Biggd 08-27-2019 01:21 PM

I heard a rumor that he was going to be handing out free samples of CBD cream. :D

LIforrelaxin 08-27-2019 02:26 PM

I have a horrible outlook on this, I guess I just don't care....
If he bought Marc's place great.... if he didn't well that stinks for Marc, who has been trying to sell for many years, (makes me think he really doesn't want to sell).... If did by a place, even if it wasn't Marc's, well good for him, hopefully he drives a boat better then he acts....

codeman671 08-27-2019 02:41 PM

Marc's place is showing as active online, not under contract. The agent that has the listing would have marked it under contract. Not all do, but she is one of the more prominent agents in the area and I think she would play by the rules.

There are no lots or homes listed as under contract or pending on MLS presently that are on Governor's Island, for what its worth.

Maybe he can get a good deal on Patrick Chung's place in Meredith? :D

ishoot308 08-27-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 318434)
Marc's place is showing as active online, not under contract. The agent that has the listing would have marked it under contract. Not all do, but she is one of the more prominent agents in the area and I think she would play by the rules.

There are no lots or homes listed as under contract or pending on MLS presently that are on Governor's Island, for what its worth.

Maybe he can get a good deal on Patrick Chung's place in Meredith? :D

Codeman,

Come to think of it, I honestly don’t think Gronk could afford Bourgeois place. According to the net, Gronk’s net worth is 40 million. It would take 25% of that just to purchase the home never mind the maintenance and upkeep and the $100,000.00 yearly tax fee! He is also jobless right now!

Dan

webmaster 08-28-2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318422)
Well I heard he bought Marc Bourgeois home on Governors...Again just the rumor mill at the docks saying this but I did hear it multiple times from different people...Yes still just a rumor!

It's certainly a Gronk sized house:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6EFEOiyrk8Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Biggd 08-28-2019 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318445)
Codeman,

Come to think of it, I honestly don’t think Gronk could afford Bourgeois place. According to the net, Gronk’s net worth is 40 million. It would take 25% of that just to purchase the home never mind the maintenance and upkeep and the $100,000.00 yearly tax fee! He is also jobless right now!

Dan

He's not jobless anymore! He will probably make more money from this new venture than he ever made in football.

baygo 08-28-2019 07:40 AM

The big question for me is… Does Gronk prefer big plates or small plates?

upthesaukee 08-28-2019 07:53 AM

False

False. He will be hanging out in Canada with his new bosses.

Dave

iw8surf 08-28-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 318465)
He's not jobless anymore! He will probably make more money from this new venture than he ever made in football.

Didn't he make more money off his other ventures (endorsements, ads, investments etc) to begin with rather than his actually straight football salary?

Part of me says he can buy what ever he wants on the lake money isn't an issue for him.

FlyingScot 08-28-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 318464)

Whoa! Had not realized just how big it is. Not really a family home (which I suppose is why he's trying to sell it), but it would be a great conference center or hotel with some interior rework

pjard 08-28-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318445)
Codeman,

Dan

If he did pay $10M for the house and invested the other $30M relatively conservatively, that would equate to about $137,000 per month in interest. He has plenty of earning power left as well. However, I don't think he would buy this place because it's too well known and a very busy part of the lake. He's not a tiny guy and would be recognized anytime he was outside.

Just my nickels worth.

Irish mist 08-28-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 318464)

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6EFEOiyrk8Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol, looks like they found a spokesman with the proper British accent to sell the estate:)

tis 08-29-2019 07:16 AM

Only 22,000 sf? The new one is Wolfeboro is 31,000.

ishoot308 08-29-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 318579)

Where is that one Tis??

Dan

tis 08-29-2019 07:29 AM

On your right as you are coming out of Wolfeboro Bay. Just before Hopewell Point. It may even be part of Hopewell Point.

Hillcountry 08-29-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 318584)
On your right as you are coming out of Wolfeboro Bay. Just before Hopewell Point. It may even be part of Hopewell Point.

We wired a big mansion for security and fire systems back 10 years ago when I was in that business. It was kind of where you are speaking about. It was the “FERGUSON” home (of Massy Ferguson fame) I was told.
You came out of Wolfeboro heading west and took a left at the top of he hill down a steep hill that went by a town beach at the bottom then you went right after the beach and meandered around until you were back on the lake side. Big kind of ugly modern styled place. What a job! Place had a thousand windows.

tis 08-29-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 318596)
We wired a big mansion for security and fire systems back 10 years ago when I was in that business. It was kind of where you are speaking about. It was the “FERGUSON” home (of Massy Ferguson fame) I was told.
You came out of Wolfeboro heading west and took a left at the top of he hill down a steep hill that went by a town beach at the bottom then you went right after the beach and meandered around until you were back on the lake side. Big kind of ugly modern styled place. What a job! Place had a thousand windows.

Big, brown and modern, yep. I know the one you are thinking of. They bought it from Louis Wyman. They had a big fight with the state because it was right on the edge of the water and they wanted to keep it that way. I never liked that house either. When she built it she said she was going to make a statement and she did! But this other one is actually pretty IMO.

barefootbay 08-29-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish mist (Post 318545)
Lol, looks like they found a spokesman with the proper British accent to sell the estate:)

10 bathrooms ! Yikes does Govenors Island connect to waste treatment or use separate individual septic systems ?

brk-lnt 08-30-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefootbay (Post 318620)
10 bathrooms ! Yikes does Govenors Island connect to waste treatment or use separate individual septic systems ?

Number of bathrooms really doesn't matter, all that matters is how much use they get. We have 6 bathrooms, but that doesn't mean we produce twice as much "output" as a house with 3, I just don't have to walk very far to poop :)

Pineedles 08-30-2019 09:02 AM

G.I. home

Frankly aside from the stately entrance, the roof lines, siding, and windows look like they belong in a suburban sub-division. Not attractive at all.

barefootbay 08-30-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brk-lnt (Post 318654)
Number of bathrooms really doesn't matter, all that matters is how much use they get. We have 6 bathrooms, but that doesn't mean we produce twice as much "output" as a house with 3, I just don't have to walk very far to poop :)

Yes but you have the capacity and potential to use all 6 .

Biggd 08-30-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brk-lnt (Post 318654)

I guess that means you're not full of ****! :emb:

brk-lnt 08-30-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefootbay (Post 318656)
Yes but you have the capacity and potential to use all 6 .

Nah, I don't eat that much.

Music Man 08-31-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 318418)
Lots of rumors flying around the docks this weekend...but the one that kept coming up was that Rob Gronkowski bought a home on Governors Island.

What say you...true or false???

Dan

Well, I don't know for sure, but given Gronk's recent interview about his head injuries from football, he might not know for sure, either.

ishoot308 08-31-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Music Man (Post 318698)
Well, I don't know for sure, but given Gronk's recent interview about his head injuries from football, he might not know for sure, either.

I saw that....pretty brutal what he went through. He was smart to retire.

Dan

Barbara 09-01-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 318579)

I live in the Wolfeboro Neck neighborhood where this “kingdom” is being built. Word in the neighborhood is it will be 23,000 sq ft with large acreage and many out buildings. The home so far is beautiful, but resembles a mountain lodge more than a lake house.

The ugly Ferguson monstrosity is across the road from my house. It is on the market for $10 million and has been on and off for years with price going down. It has been used recently as Air BnB rental by the BR.

Phantom 09-06-2019 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay -- let's end the speculation that Gronk bought the Bourgeois place.

Just yesterday received the following update from Realtor.com.

upthesaukee 09-06-2019 08:23 AM

But maybe...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 319071)
Okay -- let's end the speculation that Gronk bought the Bourgeois place.

Just yesterday received the following update from Realtor.com.

But maybe Gronk is flipping the house. :laugh:

Dave

Sam603 09-06-2019 05:30 PM

My wife and I are interested but wondering does that price include the BIG new boat? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Descant 09-06-2019 07:39 PM

Of course

The boat is only worth $1MM used, so of course it could be part of the negotiations. 10% or the house asking price. It's like buying a wheelbarrow at a yard sale and asking if they will throw in the shovel. OK. OK. Nobody is serious anymore. LOL.

ApS 09-06-2019 08:18 PM

I Get Those Monstrosities Mixed Up...

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara (Post 318725)
I live in the Wolfeboro Neck neighborhood where this “kingdom” is being built. Word in the neighborhood is it will be 23,000 sq ft with large acreage and many out buildings. The home so far is beautiful, but resembles a mountain lodge more than a lake house.

The ugly Ferguson monstrosity is across the road from my house. It is on the market for $10 million and has been on and off for years with price going down. It has been used recently as Air BnB rental by the BR.

Many of those monstrosities are used as rentals. The one nearest me offers room for five families! :eek2:

Was it this ugly monstrosity?