Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Beautiful sight this AM up in the 'Burg... (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21393)

WINNOCTURN 10-23-2016 10:23 AM

Beautiful sight this AM up in the 'Burg...

2 Attachment(s)
SNOW IS HERE!

Pittsburg, NH

Attachment 12422

Errol, NH

Attachment 12423

Link to SledNH:

http://www.slednh.com/forums/index.p...#comment-98852

There are Reports of Snow in Grafton County.

Waterville Valley has Snow this Morning.

Don't wait any longer fill out that Club application you got in the Mail or go to "YOUR LOCAL CLUB" Website "Join Online" or Download their "Printable Application"!!!!

The Moultonboro Snowmobile Club has added Online Memberships to it's Website the Season.

http://moultonborosmc.org/online-club-membership/

Applications are also available at DaSilva Motor Sports, EM Heath Hardware and Skelly's Market. You can join and Register your Snowmobiles at the same time. OH YES, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANY PROCESSING FEES!

SAB1 10-23-2016 06:05 PM

I'm ready !

dpg 10-27-2016 10:55 AM

Is it summer yet??? :(

Doobs41378 10-27-2016 12:33 PM

Some areas to get 6-10" before Saturday.

ishoot308 10-27-2016 01:14 PM

Awesome

Getting the sled out of mothballs this weekend! Doing some upgrades and added features and hoping for a great season. I have another 7 day saddlebag excursion with friends planned in northern Quebec that I am really looking forward to as well!!

Braaaaaap!

4Fun 10-27-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 271362)
Getting the sled out of mothballs this weekend! Doing some upgrades and added features and hoping for a great season. I have another 7 day saddlebag excursion with friends planned in northern Quebec that I am really looking forward to as well!!

Braaaaaap!

Where are you going this year? We did a few 7 day rides from Maine to Lac St Jean afew years back and back and it was awesome. The ice breaker ferry across the St Lawrence was great.

ishoot308 10-27-2016 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Fun (Post 271363)
Where are you going this year? We did a few 7 day rides from Maine to Lac St Jean afew years back and back and it was awesome. The ice breaker ferry across the St Lawrence was great.

North of the St Lawrence this year. Starting from Quebec city up the north side of the St Lawrence up past St Catherines bay, then north to Mont Vilain all around Lac St-Jean.
Take a look at the map I took a pic of (hopefully you can see it). I believe we do have to ferry across at some point just before St Catherines Bay i believe.

I asked the person who designed the trip for me to give me the best Quebec has to offer and this is what he came up with. After last year, I am spoiled for life with the riding, scenery and accommodations up there!

Dan

ITD 10-27-2016 03:54 PM

I want to do a ride like that.

ishoot308 10-27-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITD (Post 271367)
I want to do a ride like that.

PM sent...

chipj29 10-28-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 271364)
North of the St Lawrence this year. Starting from Quebec city up the north side of the St Lawrence up past St Catherines bay, then north to Mont Vilain all around Lac St-Jean.
Take a look at the map I took a pic of (hopefully you can see it). I believe we do have to ferry across at some point just before St Catherines Bay i believe.

I asked the person who designed the trip for me to give me the best Quebec has to offer and this is what he came up with. After last year, I am spoiled for life with the riding, scenery and accommodations up there!

Dan

I did a very similar ride about 10 years ago. We trailered up to Quebec City and spent a night there. The next morning we headed up to...crap can't remember the name of the city...but there is a very popular Holiday Inn there. Anyway, from there we went up through Mont Valin (they get a TON of snow), and eventually around Lac St Jean. We did 600 miles in 3 days. It was a fantastic ride. It was cold that year, but still incredible.

4Fun 10-28-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipj29 (Post 271379)
I did a very similar ride about 10 years ago. We trailered up to Quebec City and spent a night there. The next morning we headed up to...crap can't remember the name of the city...but there is a very popular Holiday Inn there. Anyway, from there we went up through Mont Valin (they get a TON of snow), and eventually around Lac St Jean. We did 600 miles in 3 days. It was a fantastic ride. It was cold that year, but still incredible.

You probably stayed in Jonquiere. It's not a Holiday Inn
anymore though.

4Fun 10-28-2016 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 271364)

Dan

That's a good plan. The snow up in Mt Valin is just awesome. The ferry you take is a short ride. We did a similar ride but started in ME and went 1/2 up the Gaspe and crossed over the St Lawrence on a large ice breaker and followed a lot of your route.

Who said you can't go for a boat ride in February!

ishoot308 10-28-2016 05:09 PM

Bonvoyage

As an FYI to anyone contemplating a trip like this...I highly recommend contacting Gary Pruitt of Bon Voyage Snowmobile Adventures. Gary and his crew are true professionals and will give you the experience of a lifetime!

For what Bon Voyage offers you cannot do it on your own for the same price. I tried! Don't ask me how Gary does it, but he does and I cannot say enough good about him. Below is his web site link....

http://www.bvsnowadventures.com

Dan

chipj29 10-31-2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Fun (Post 271380)
You probably stayed in Jonquiere. It's not a Holiday Inn
anymore though.

Yup that was it. I knew it started with a "J" but couldn't think of it. Pretty popular spot.