Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Boat Transportation Company Recommendations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28076)

missmybid 06-29-2022 10:12 PM

Boat Transportation Company Recommendations

Hi Everyone,

I am considering transporting a boat from down south to NH . I am looking for recommendations for boat transportation companies and also any advice from people who have experience in doing this.

Thank you.

Woodsy 06-29-2022 10:25 PM

Miles Marine!

Miles Marine of GIlford! The BEST hands down! Miles hauls most of if not all of the high end and oversize boats in New England!

Brad and his crew are the best!

Woodsy

Descant 06-29-2022 11:07 PM

Miles Marine, without a doubt. They've done two boats for me, one from Gloucester and one from Great Bay.
They coordinated with marinas on both ends, permits, state police. lead and chase cars, bridge measurements, everything.
They've also done some local hauling for me from marina to a specialty shop and return in the off season.

TiltonBB 06-30-2022 05:49 AM

Miles Marine

2 Attachment(s)
Miles Marine if you want it done right! Most of the biggest boats on the lake, including the Spirit, were brought here by Miles Marine. They are a great family that every marina on the lake uses for their large boat hauling. They have trucks going to and from Florida almost every week.

tis 06-30-2022 06:48 AM

I agree, we used Miles Marine to bring our boat from Irwin to the east side of the lake every year for many years. Irwin was the only one with a big enough lift. They were wonderful to work with. I think he died, is his wife still running the business?

TiltonBB 06-30-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 372364)
I agree, we used Miles Marine to bring our boat from Irwin to the east side of the lake every year for many years. Irwin was the only one with a big enough lift. They were wonderful to work with. I think he died, is his wife still running the business?

Yes, Craig's wife Paula is still there and in the office 6 or 7 days a week. If you call you are likely to get her on the phone.

I first met them in 1995 when I had a 34 foot Silverton transported from Alexandria Bay, NY to the lake. Back then, Craig did all the driving.

Two sons, Brad and Mike Miles, have grown up in the business and do most all of the driving for the big boat transports. They have a great crew behind them taking care of a lot of boats from spring launch to winterizing and storage.

tis 06-30-2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 372371)
Yes, Craig's wife Paula is still there and in the office 6 or 7 days a week. If you call you are likely to get her on the phone.

I first met them in 1995 when I had a 34 foot Silverton transported from Alexandria Bay, NY to the lake. Back then, Craig did all the driving.

Two sons, Brad and Mike Miles, have grown up in the business and do most all of the driving for the big boat transports. They have a great crew behind them taking care of a lot of boats from spring launch to winterizing and storage.

They hauled our boats before that. We have had two big ones. I only remember her and her husband. Very, very nice people.