Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Coe House -sale? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652)

Dave 35 03-15-2005 06:34 PM

Coe House -sale?

As listed in Preservation Magazine for March the Coe House is for sale . Listed price is 1,200,000. Any local news ?

mackie 03-15-2005 07:32 PM

Owners are interviewing for a new chef, I hear that the chef that was running the Coe House is now at 51 Mill st. Anyone know if this is true?

SAMIAM 03-19-2005 09:05 AM

After much thought...we decided not to sell.We're afraid that new owners might want to change the character of the building so,we decided to keep it and operate it as a seasonal business,probably from May till Sept or Oct.
We've interviewed a lot of chefs,recently and will be making a decision soon.
We restored the building according to the National Park Services guidelines for historic buildings and our first concern is keeping the integrity of the building.

Rattlesnake Gal 03-21-2005 08:13 AM

Hope the new way of operating it as a seasonal business works out for you SAMIAM.
It is a very special place with rich history. Thank you for preserving it.

JDeere 03-22-2005 05:27 PM

History?

What is the history of the Coe House?

upthesaukee 03-22-2005 05:33 PM

Here's a link to their website...one of the nicer restaurant websites, in my opinion. Check out the history link and the photograph link.

http://www.coehouse.com/

Enjoy!!!!

19MileBaylover 03-22-2005 09:34 PM

Whew!

So glad to hear you're not selling. The Coe House has become our favorite lake area restaurant. We're seasonal visitors, so unfortunately could only stop a couple of times a year. Our friends from Conway who meet us there will be happy also to hear you're hanging onto it. Sorry to hear about the chef leaving, 'cause the food is fantastic; I have a feeling you'll keep that "character" feature intact. Our last dinner in the presidential room was fantastic. Do you think you can keep the escargot apetizer? See you this May or June.

SAMIAM 03-23-2005 06:39 AM

Thanks for the kind words.My chef had to go with a year 'round situation ,which is understandable but I've hired a new person who,I believe will do a great job.He has some European and Asian training and his menu will have some nice Asian fusion with Atlantic seafood.His signature dish is a Lime Scallop Florentine for which he's won many awards.We'll keep a few of the old favorites,but will be running a new and (we think) exciting menu.
And ,yes,19 mile....I will keep the escargot app......just for you.

19MileBaylover 03-23-2005 09:45 PM

Where's the chef going?

Does anybody know where the chef who's leaving the Coe House is going? :emb:

upthesaukee 03-23-2005 10:46 PM

In the thread re: Coe house sale...this was part of post#2: Owners are interviewing for a new chef, I hear that the chef that was running the Coe House is now at 51 Mill st. That would be the "new" restaurant in Wolfeboro, actually the old Love's Quay.

I heard the same thing away from this forum.

SAMIAM 03-24-2005 09:10 AM

19mile...Andy is at 51 Mill st in Wolfboro.The former Love's Quay.I believe that some of Mike Love's former crew is working under Andy and people that I've spoken to said the food is excellent

Pepper 03-24-2005 09:36 AM

What about Mike Love?

We had also heard a pair of unconfirmed rumors regarding staff at 51 Mill St. They are:

1.) That Mike Love had also gone to work there; and

2.) That Mike is simply temporarily on loan from Canoe until Mill St. get up and running.

Can anyone shed any light on either of these rumors?

mackie 03-24-2005 07:16 PM

I have the scoop from a reliable source. Andy not sure of the last name is at 51 mill st and is consulting for a period of time. Andy is going to make a decision after a certain period of time if he will take over. I have tried this place again and the food is very creative. If you want to try a steak that is out of this world take a drive over!!

Pepper 03-24-2005 09:26 PM

Mackie - we know about Andy - his former boss gave us the scoop on that part already. I'm trying to determine if either of the rumors about Mike Love are true.

Lady Di 05-25-2005 06:36 AM

This is excellent news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM
After much thought...we decided not to sell.We're afraid that new owners might want to change the character of the building so,we decided to keep it and operate it as a seasonal business,probably from May till Sept or Oct.
We've interviewed a lot of chefs,recently and will be making a decision soon.
We restored the building according to the National Park Services guidelines for historic buildings and our first concern is keeping the integrity of the building.

I was worrying whether or not my son and fiancee would be able to use their Christmas gift certificate. Glad to know they can.

All the Best...

~ Lady Di ~