Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ..... tinnitus here, or hear??? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26598)

XCR-700 08-02-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 359862)
It must have been a loud irritating hissing/bell sound inside his head that went on for hours and days and weeks and months that was seriously annoying?

For him, the Texas Smoke House guy, it was no joke.

I doubt its a joke for anyone.

I suspect for most they are able to ignore it most of the time like I do, and unfortunately there appears to be folks like you for who it is bad enough to need/seek treatment.

I really cant comment on the treatment aspect as I have yet to go down that path.

When my time comes, I hope to just keel over dead with a big SEG and two frozen drinks (empty) in my hands while sitting in a lawn chair in the water on Key West before I need treatment for anything else. The waves can carry my body to Davy Jones Locker. I should be so lucky,,,

Cindido 08-02-2021 05:57 PM

I've been wearing hearing aides for a couple of years now. I don't notice my tinnitus at all while I'm wearing them. When not wearing them, I'm usually able to ignore the ringing in my ears. Thankfully, it doesn't wake me up at night - that must be awful. I guess everyone is different, but I find relief from tinnitus by wearing hearing aides.

ITD 08-02-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 359857)
For someone to kill themselves with a hand gun to escape their tinnitus suffering, it must have been a very loud and constant hissing/ringing that drove him to actually do it.

Ever hear this saying?

"It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." ..... :rolleye2:

So's in a moment of total desperation he actually pulled the trigger on himself?

Less, never buy a gun, someone innocent will get hurt, maybe yourself. I missed the post where you found relief, but I'm very happy you did.

Woody38 08-02-2021 11:02 PM

Tinnitus is a difficult situation and very little helps. First get a hearing test and follow up with hearing aids. Not a cure but will help the hearing from getting worse. Get aids at Costco, they are the best and no one beats the price. My wife had one aid and her audiologist left to move home and referred her to another. Visiting her she broke one of her aids and told us it would cost $9,000+ for each of us plus the insurance. We got aids at Costco for $1,999. Cost us around $400 out of pocket. Good warranty, free replacement if we break one etc. Come in any time for evaluation and new parts. On my last visit she said I was now out of warranty, however there was an upgrade which I received free. Now I have extremely little ringing and not often. My only concern is that sometimes things are too loud but there is a control that does help.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

fatlazyless 08-03-2021 05:00 AM

Ok so it's 5:30 in the morning and I'm hearing this very loud white noise whistle running through my head/brain right now. I had not looked at this thread on tinnitus for months but just read my first post again from December. And, there's another thread way down the bottom of the table of contents labelled "What happened to FLL?" ...... all about my tinnitus tragedy.

Back in May when I went to the ENT-Otolaryngology Dept at the Concord Hospital in Laconia I was very very concerned that what I was hearing was dementia. If something walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it's a duck. Well ...... not actually knowing how dementia works but having this loud white hiss noise happening, I was seriously concerned that it was dementing or dementia-ing my brain as it was a new and very disturbing to have it happening. Well ...... that was a few months ago ..... and I am stiil here with the ability to write and think pretty clearly .... and have been told the best thing is to just try to ignore the white hissing noise and think about something else. That is really difficult to do when you are just wanting to go back to sleep, so here I am, writing about it?

Something about walking or swimming makes it go away, so that's what I do, I walk-swim it away and have lost a little weight what with all this exercise and the depression also make eating food less of a wanted habit to be doing.

For now with my 8-month history with tinnitus, I suppose I am getting more used to it and have less anxiety and less being scared. I was at first having huge anxiety and being very scared. It is debilitating and makes you much less competent as a functioning person which is a big, big problem so coexisting with the tinnitus is not so easy ...... which is why I take all these long walks ..... to escape the tinnitus.

I suppose I am rambling here with this written post ...... and am just commenting as I think about it and have the white hissing noise happening. It is very much a personal health disaster, happening to me. Possibly the anti-depressant, the Nortriptyline 10mg helps me to be so calm while experiencing the white noise hiss. Is time to get up and go take a long walk down that Mad River trail, about 2-miles around Waterville Valley and walk it out and away. And, the outdoor temp here is a cool 44-degrees ...... honest ...... 44-degrees on August 3 at 6:15-am here at altitude 1800' ...... that's a little cold, you know for August 3.

ApS 08-03-2021 06:30 AM

Tall Buildings and Bridges...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 359839)
There's a lot more that I do not know about tinnitus than what I do know as a tinnitus sufferer.

Starting July 25 I have been taking Nortriptyline HCL 10mg cap, one pill at bedtime to help get a better night sleeping, what with the big, bad tinnitus waking me up, and making sleep difficult. It was prescribed to me by an ENT doctor at the Mass Eye and Ear in Boston, and it does help but puts me into a daze in the early morning, like till about 10-am. I usually go for a two mile walk and wander around Waterville Valley as a way to walk off the Nortriptyline daze and for mental health purposes.

You know there can be a dark and deadly end with tinnitus that makes some tinnitus sufferers go off the deep end, and actually do it to themselves ..... http://www.forbes.com/sites/ninashap...h=b630a8529403 which is a very good reason to not have a hand gun ...... is too easy ..... is too deadly. People with suicidal thoughts can get over it and regain their sense of well being. Sticking a gun in your ear is not a good way to fix your tinnitus problemo ....... like NO kidding .... ;)

Kent Taylor, age-65 ..... tinnitus suicide .... http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/03/20/k...-founder-dies/ .... September 27, 1955 - March 18, 2021

Is there a mention of a firearm-suicide--if so--where? :fire:

Another tricyclic (Amitriptyline) was prescribed for me after a long bout of sleeplessness caused by Prednisolone eye drops. (Shingles-related iritis).

It may be an "old standby", but try harder to adjust to the high pitch of tinnitus' "ringing", than to rely on prescription drugs.

Consider your long-standing free caffeine "fix" to be the trigger of the problem.

XCR-700 08-03-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 359916)
Ok so it's 5:30 in the morning and I'm hearing this very loud white noise whistle running through my head/brain right now. I had not looked at this thread on tinnitus for months but just read my first post again from December. And, there's another thread way down the bottom of the table of contents labelled "What happened to FLL?" ...... all about my tinnitus tragedy.

Back in May when I went to the ENT-Otolaryngology Dept at the Concord Hospital in Laconia I was very very concerned that what I was hearing was dementia. If something walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it's a duck. Well ...... not actually knowing how dementia works but having this loud white hiss noise happening, I was seriously concerned that it was dementing or dementia-ing my brain as it was a new and very disturbing to have it happening. Well ...... that was a few months ago ..... and I am stiil here with the ability to write and think pretty clearly .... and have been told the best thing is to just try to ignore the white hissing noise and think about something else. That is really difficult to do when you are just wanting to go back to sleep, so here I am, writing about it?

Something about walking or swimming makes it go away, so that's what I do, I walk-swim it away and have lost a little weight what with all this exercise and the depression also make eating food less of a wanted habit to be doing.

For now with my 8-month history with tinnitus, I suppose I am getting more used to it and have less anxiety and less being scared. I was at first having huge anxiety and being very scared. It is debilitating and makes you much less competent as a functioning person which is a big, big problem so coexisting with the tinnitus is not so easy ...... which is why I take all these long walks ..... to escape the tinnitus.

I suppose I am rambling here with this written post ...... and am just commenting as I think about it and have the white hissing noise happening. It is very much a personal health disaster, happening to me. Possibly the anti-depressant, the Nortriptyline 10mg helps me to be so calm while experiencing the white noise hiss. Is time to get up and go take a long walk down that Mad River trail, about 2-miles around Waterville Valley and walk it out and away. And, the outdoor temp here is a cool 44-degrees ...... honest ...... 44-degrees on August 3 at 6:15-am here at altitude 1800' ...... that's a little cold, you know for August 3.

Well i think this post is very telling. You may want to re-read it again in the future to see your progress.

Some observations:

First, it appears that you are new to tinnitus, unlike many of us who have had this for a very long time and it started when we were much younger. I think like any problem, if it begins when you younger you often adapt with less concern and resistance and learn to accept the change all a bit easier (for many) So I'm not at all surprised its more concerning to you having this just turn on and later in life.

Second, as you said you are getting used to it, in time I hope like most of us sufferers you will learn to mostly ignore it. Maybe not 100%, but it becomes less bothersome for many with time.

Third, if it does not become less concerning and bothersome, and depression becomes worse, then like some ailments such as arthritis or diabetes you should seek support and help. There may be significant relief just consulting with professionals and getting a better understanding about what you are dealing with, as well as the possibility of some new medical treatment as they do come along all the time.

Forth, and maybe most important, dont suffer in silence, if nothing else, venting and hearing about others experiences helps.

Anyone who said life was easy forgot about the other half of us who didnt get the free pass. For us, life is constantly throwing you curveballs and testing our limits. So it becomes a battle of will, the stubborn will survive, but you have to fight for it, as we didnt get life handed on silver platter.

I often joke about reincarnation, that I am not coming back unless I can remember all the mistakes I made in this life so I have half a chance of avoiding them next time, I insist on being better looking, smarter, being born a bit less poor, and if that doesnt work, maybe I could come back as some wealthy persons pampered dog!

But seriously, I hope you are on the path to a better place with this, and it sounds like through exercise you have found a way to take your focus off it. Hopefully in time you will find other means of distraction and relief, possibly listening to soothing music, rowing a boat across the water listening to the water slap the hull, etc.

ATB

fatlazyless 08-03-2021 03:44 PM

Nine different videos on tinnitus: http://www.masseyeandear.org/patient...nnitus-seminar

Recommended: 'What's new in tinnitus' video

Listening to my big, bad, loud, roaring, hissing tinnitus it is absolutely necessary for me to pursue a tinnitus cure for the rest of my life, no matter how long it takes, and no matter how expensive it costs. This problem is that bad, today, right now at this time.

Never give up!

I must find a way to beat this unbearable tinnitus!

XCR-700 08-03-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 359964)
Nine different videos on tinnitus: http://www.masseyeandear.org/patient...nnitus-seminar

Listening to my big, bad, loud, roaring, hissing tinnitus it is absolutely necessary for me to pursue a tinnitus cure for the rest of my life, no matter how long it takes, and no matter how expensive it costs. This problem is that bad, today, right now at this time.

Never give up!

I must find a way to beat this tinnitus!

So interesting to hear such a different experience with tinnitus.

For me its clearly an annoyance that I would rather not have, but not more than that. And on occasion I must admit to using it as an excuse for not hearing others :-)

But mine is NEVER bad enough to cause me stress, well not so far. So I am lucky enough that I can mostly ignore it.

I cannot imagine it being so troublesome that I became stressed out over it. I can see how that could unravel you as it never stops, NEVER,,,

My sympathies. Good luck in your quest to find a cure.

Water Camper 08-05-2021 12:14 PM

Tinnitus

I have had tinnitus for well over 20 years. I believe mine is related to the fact that I have been playing rock and roll music for over 50 years and the music in the 60s, 70s and 80s was extremely loud.

I have tried numerous over the counter supposed cures, but have yet to find one that actually works. I find distraction to help the most. It is worst at night when I am trying to sleep.

Good luck FLL, if you find something that actually works, Please Share, as there are many of us out there.

Thanks,
Bill

SailinAway 08-13-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 347695)

Contrary to my forum name, fatlazyless, am actually 6'2", 207-lbs and athletic, .

Whaat? You're not really fat and lazy? Well I'll be! I'll have to change my mental picture of you.

I had pulsatile tinnitus for a couple of years. It started around the time when I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. It disappeared when I improved my diet, lost weight, increased my exercise, and lowered my blood pressure. I did read once that pulsatile tinnitues can be a symptom of a heart problem. My anecdotal experience was that it was related to overall health (in my case, not necessarily in your case).

My best suggestion is earphones and a recording that resembles this white noise you're hearing, so as to mask it. See what you think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L46YN8Q948 I listen to that while I'm working and it really helps me focus. There are lots of other possibilities for music, of course.

I discovered recently that listening to NPR with earphones at bedtime puts me to sleep in about 10 minutes. This small radio automatically turns off after 90 minutes to save the batteries:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheaper version that doesn't turn off automatically, pretty good sound: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very good, cheap, flat earphones, better for sleeping on your side: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You may notice that the noise is louder if you sleep on one side that the other. If so, switch sides.

ApS 08-29-2021 03:57 AM

Asymptomatic for Covid-19?

FLL's tinnitus condition parallels the onslaught of COVID-19! :eek:

Quote:

[The] British Tinnitus Association (BTA) reported a 256% rise in the number of webchats from May to December 2020 compared with the same period in 2019. And calls to its helpline increased by 16%.

The statement also spotlighted the importance of helping those who are socially isolated or experiencing COVID-19-related difficulties get the hearing care they need.
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/c...-tinnitus/amp/

dickiej 11-25-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless
.... age-70 & suffering terrible chronic tinnitus ... omg!

Try CBD with turmeric…cleared up my tinnnitus…

fatlazyless 11-25-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickiej (Post 364628)
Try CBD with turmeric…cleared up my tinnnitus…

Googling 'CBD with turmeric' ...... I came up with http://www.wayofleaf.com/cbd/product...-with-turmeric ..... this is a totally new remedy to me, and I have twice seen a medical doctor, an otolaryngologist, ear nose & throat M.D. person at Mass Eye & Ear in Boston with a degree from Harvard Univ. and Albert Einstein College of Medicine who's best advice was "don't listen to it, the tinnitus" ..... which is an IMPOSSIBLE situation so I am seriously interested in your suggestion on 'CBD with turmeric'.

Can you give me CBD with turmeric product info like what is the brand name and dosage on the pill bottle so I can order it. Where do I go to get it?

.... thanks in advance!!!

dickiej 11-26-2021 09:24 AM

www.irwinnaturals.com. CBD+turmeric….soft liquid gel tabs. I take one in the morning, one in the evening. Helps with sleep, inflammation, anxiety, tinnitus, etc. I can buy them at my local drug store, or on line. It’s been a noticeable help.

dickiej 11-26-2021 09:28 AM

Sorry…www.irwinnaturals.com

Winilyme 11-26-2021 12:06 PM

Well, this is certainly going to be an interesting experiment. FLL - you will need to keep us updated.

Good luck.

thinkxingu 11-26-2021 12:10 PM

Hey, does anyone know if CBD makes users any better at contributing seriously to forums? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Winilyme 11-26-2021 12:26 PM

Sounds like we may find out. Although, FLL isn't going to be happy to find that the CBD with Turmeric appears to be sold out.

Same website offers 75 gel tablets called 'Steel-Libido RED'. That should help in other ways.

pondguy 11-26-2021 12:43 PM

I would think most health food stores would have CBD, or he could go to the Sanctuary ATC store at 568 Tenney Mountain Highway in Plymouth next time he goes to Market Basket.

Descant 11-26-2021 12:55 PM

I knoiw

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 364654)
Hey, does anyone know if CBD makes users any better at contributing seriously to forums? Asking for a friend.

You can tell your friend "we all know."

Woody38 11-26-2021 01:35 PM

If you are going to take Turmeric, note that it is contraindicated if one is taking Warfarin or other blood thinners.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

fatlazyless 11-26-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondguy (Post 364657)
I would think most health food stores would have CBD, or he could go to the Sanctuary ATC store at 568 Tenney Mountain Highway in Plymouth next time he goes to Market Basket.

i know exactly where that is, is at the corner of Bog Rd and Tenney Mtn Hgwy, even though the road name sign for Bog Rd has been missing for about 15-years.

Possibly, cutting down on that Walmart brand French Roast strong coffee, $3.92/12 k-pods, which tastes totally excellent would be smart thing for me to do for starters.

Plus I just ordered a book titled "Tinnitus No More: The Complete Guide On Tinnitus Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, & Natural Tinnitus Remedies to Get Rid of Ringing Ears Once and for All" - April 12, 2014 by Brian M Lawrence for $7.99 at Amazon. Let's see what he has to say?

Mr. V 11-26-2021 09:13 PM

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but my tinnitus seems to have eased a bit since I got my high blood pressure under control.

fatlazyless 11-27-2021 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 364666)
Maybe it's just a coincidence, but my tinnitus seems to have eased a bit since I got my high blood pressure under control.

You know I had a physical exam, about one week ago at Mid-State Health in Plymouth, and the MD told me that tinnitus is a hearing problem and I should go see an audiologist to get some hearing aids.

My blood pressure was 120/72 which are good, safe numbers.

My tinnitus is at its worst at about 4-am and just about every morning, except when it is raining hard, I go take a 2-mile walk down along the Mad River Trail and back around Waterville Valley, and walking usually makes the tinnitus lower its volume and/or disappear almost entirely.

Was my tinnitus caused by the Covid-19? I don't know? I have had three vaxxes of Pfizer in May, June, Sept 2021 and the tinnitus started in Dec 2020 and maybe a month earlier in Nov. Starting in May-2021 it got much louder, and the months of May-June-July were what I consider to be three months of HIGH mental distress trying to adjust with living with the constant noise of loud tinnitus. I have not had any flu like symptoms of congested lungs or any breathing problems or fever that are common to Covid so it seems unlikely it is Covid related.

It's like I sort of get used to it, but at the same time do not really get used to it, and it usually goes away in the afternoon and evening and then comes back at 3-4am in the middle of the night after a visit to the bathroom.

Swimming and playing tennis or pickleball seems to make it disappear entirely, and walking or bicycling are good relief as well. I have lost about 15-lbs going from 6'2" and 212-lbs last December down to 196-lbs so the tinnitus drives me to be more active plus I am a big eater of roast beef, turkey and Italian subs, made-to-order for $5.29 at the Market Basket, plus Brigham's ice cream with Smucker's hot fudge. ..... ;) .... Yes, I just used up all the hot fudge, yesterday, by placing the container upside down in the microwave and miking it for 15-seconds on high to liquify the hot fudge, just like real $6.98 real maple syrup from Walmart! ... :D

LoveLakeLife 11-27-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 364654)

I hope that humorous posts aren’t forbidden on this forum. Everything doesn’t need to be serious and FLL’s posts are amusing to many.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 11-27-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife (Post 364680)
I hope that humorous posts aren’t forbidden on this forum. Everything doesn’t need to be serious and FLL’s posts are amusing to many.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Yeah, it was just a joke. If you look back, you'll see I've been a supporter of FLL (though I struggle with his cheapness/time waste).

pondguy 11-27-2021 12:43 PM

I think the proper term is frugal.:)

thinkxingu 11-27-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondguy (Post 364693)
I think the proper term is frugal.:)

The line from frugal to cheap is a fine one, to be sure, but putting oneself in a situation that could lead to death to save a few bucks—a la tire rotation with insufficient equipment—is absolutely the latter!

pondguy 11-27-2021 01:32 PM

Agreed, somethings are best left to the professionals.

mhtranger 11-28-2021 03:03 PM

Irwin CBD + turmeric is available at The Vitamin Shoppe $24.99

TheProfessor 11-28-2021 04:05 PM

Bed time.

For some. Listening to music, radio, or Alexa nature sounds can help with sleep. Others may just leave the bedroom TV on.

fatlazyless 11-28-2021 05:26 PM

..... Tinnitus No More and CBD!(?)

Arriving on Wednesday and Thursday from Amazon, this week, are two books on Tinnitus: "Tinnitus No More: The Complete Guide on Tinnitus Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, & Natural Tinnitus Remedies to get Get Rid of Ringing Ears Once and for All" by Brian M Lawrence, $7.99; and "CBD Oil Overview: Control Anxiety, Depression, And Pain With CBD Oil: Turmeric Cbd Oil Benefits" by Billy Hoxit, $8.99.

So all you forum readers out there who are reading this ......how the heck about this!!! ...... for about $17 I will become the foremost expert ever, ever, ever ......that ever lived ..... for reducing the causation and deleterious effects of tinnitus from within the human race for the last 15,000-years! ...... Harvard University Med School and The Albert Einstein College of Medicine won't know what I know about tinnitus ....... absolutely-positively-absolutely ...... :banana:

Not too shabby for $16.98 & shipping! ...... :eek::laugh:

SailinAway 11-28-2021 06:07 PM

FLL, you're right, your blood pressure is good. Glad you got that checked. I had a similar experience to yours: my tinnitus was a lot worse lying down, especially on one side compared to the other. If you wake up at 4 a.m. and it's bothering you, I suggest using headphones and sleep music. See my post above for specifics. The music does two things: it drowns out the tinnitus, and it lulls you back to sleep. Also, maybe avoid drinking liquids close to bedtime so you're not awakened in the middle of the night?

Check this list of medications that can cause tinnitus: https://www.goodrx.com/blog/these-11...g-in-the-ears/

I assume you had your ear canals examined for wax? Wax can cause increased pressure in the ear.

One last suggestion: bedtime stories or sleep meditations on YouTube. I find those effective if I turn the TV screen away to avoid the light.

Sleep meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Ay9v7gK9w

Bedtime stories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4fBgXgxjjg

There is hope, FLL. Tinnitus sometimes goes away on its own. I don't have it at all today.

fatlazyless 11-28-2021 06:47 PM

What seems to work well for getting me back to sleep at 4-am is to listen to "Lisa P Hikes day 1-190" ...... You Tube video ..... 190 different videos from March to October, 2021 with 41-year old Lisa Parker ..... aka "Tex" ...... hiking the entire Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine, alone by herself with a smart phone self-video held on a walking pole while she is walking.

It makes me feel like I am along with Lisa P. for the hike, going the 2200-mile distance.

I turn the laptop around backwards and just listen to the audio, and usually fall asleep!

To find it, Google: "Lisa P Hikes - Day 1" and I wake up feeling like I've just hiked 18-miles or so, somewhere in Rock-sylvania ......aka Pennsylvania, or somewhere. .... :laugh:

Grant 11-30-2021 01:33 PM

Hey FLL,

Do you have any other symptoms? Occasional vertigo, balance issues, partial hearing loss in one or both ears? If so, get an ENT to evaluate for Meniere's Disease--it's a vestibular (inner ear) issue that causes (among other annoying, sometimes debilitating things) tinnitus. It usually hits folks in their 40s and 50s. I'm battling it now, and I'm 60.

Good luck!

trfour 12-12-2021 01:14 PM

I hope this helps.

https://nihao01.top/pages/26uip5

fatlazyless 12-12-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfour (Post 365215)

Thanks VERY much for posting this ..... appreciate it ..... will seriously look into it over the next few days.

Newbiesaukee 12-12-2021 06:53 PM

I know people are trying to help…but this whole thing is an infomercial with no real evidence the stuff does anything. There really is no regulation for the product, no proof it even has in it what it claims. It’s similar to all the other ads for memory enhancement, improved male performance, etc. ( Not that I need any of that).

It’s a quirk of the regulations that almost any product that’s not inherently dangerous can claim anything as long as it includes in unreadable small print that basically the company is making no claim that really it works.

If you really care, the disclaimer is at the end of the article.

It’s not necessarily dangerous just no real reason to think it would work better than asparagus. If you read the whole thing ( yes, I have too much time on my hands) it seems to claim to cure just about anything that ails you.

fatlazyless 12-12-2021 08:24 PM

Similarly, about two weeks ago I found a paper back book, 51-pages with large print and double-spaced, for $7.98 titled 'CBD Oil Overview.' Within the Amazon ordering info it says written by Billy Hoxit. On the book itself there is no author what-so-ever and on the last page it says "Made in the U.S.A., Middletown DE, 29 November 2021."

So I am taking no medication what-so-ever for my tinnitus medical problem and usually have two cups of coffee each day, French roast and classic roast, as my ONLY medication.

Back in July, an MD at the Mass Eye & Ear, an ENT, saw me and prescribed Nortriptyline HCL 10mg cap, "take one capsule at bedtime" and I only used it for about four nights before stopping because it made me sleep till 10-am, too long a sleep.

Tinnitus is really complicated, the way it comes and goes, starts and stops, can be weak or strong with no rhyme or reason. Is usually worst in the middle of the night, like at 4-am, and best in the afternoon at 4-pm, but it can happen anytime and last for 24-hours, straight.

For the months of May, June, and July it felt like I was in continuous nervous breakdown mode but over time those feelings pass by and I sort of get used to it, but not really used to it. I just live with it.

What seems to work the best is walking, swimming, pickleball, physical activity ..... I walk about 2.5-miles almost every day and have lost about 15-lbs in the last 12-months.

At its worst it makes it difficult to focus, makes me edgy, and I have to try extra hard to get ordinary tasks like housekeeping done and I just accept it when I don't get something done, and try again later on, or the next day.