Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Photo Upload (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22403)

Just Sold 08-04-2017 06:55 AM

Photo Upload

I uploaded some photos recently and I get the uploaded successfully response but they never show in the gallery or my photos. What am I doing wrong?

webmaster 08-04-2017 01:15 PM

I don't see any reason why your upload didn't work. Nothing has changed on Photopost since the last time you posted pictures.

I just posted a few pictures as a test without trouble. One I posted as 'Don' which is a normal member (not an admin) like you. The tests have now been deleted.

BaileyBecca posted a dog picture today without trouble.

I also checked the site, server logs and database but don't see any evidence of problems.

My best suggestion at this point is to try again and see what happens.

Sorry you're having trouble.

Rattlesnake Gal 08-04-2017 02:01 PM

I Had Trouble Last Week too

I had trouble last week too, when I was trying to post my Hophornbeam Fruit photo. Ended up using Tapatalk to make the new thread.

I just tried to upload a Summer Scene from my iPhone. It said that it was successful, but I cannot find it in the Summer Scenes gallery.

The past couple of times trying to add a photo to a Forum post, I am unable to do do from my iPhone 7 plus. Can upload in Tapatalk tho. I find using that app isn't as good for me. I like the traditional browser.

Just Sold 08-04-2017 04:26 PM

Just tried again and it said upload was good but nothing. Wonder if has something to do with the last Windows update I got that had new security updates.

Rattlesnake Gal 08-07-2017 10:30 AM

Photo Upload Update

Photo Upload Update:

I e-mailed a photo to myself to test again using my hot spot with my iPad. Success! Also did the same for a photo attachment. I tried again just using my iPhone, without success. My theory is that I was able to e-mail the photos at a smaller size, which were easily uploaded from my iPad. I also saved the e-mailed smaller size to my phone and was also successful with the upload from my iPhone. Size does matter. :laugh:

webmaster 08-07-2017 12:21 PM

Thanks for all the clues. I think I know now what the problem is but I need some time to fix it. I'll post a followup here when I'm done, probably within the next few days.

webmaster 08-07-2017 01:21 PM

I carved out a little time at work and I think it is fixed. The new server that I moved into this spring had a file size upload limit of 2 MB. It's now much higher.

Rattlesnake Gal 08-07-2017 02:25 PM

Upload Update

1 Attachment(s)
Upload Update

I successfully uploaded a photo to the Gallery from my iPhone. I was also able to attach a photo too in a Forum post.

Thanks Don! :D. As always, you rock!

Just Sold 08-07-2017 04:23 PM

That fixed it! Posted a few new photos. As always and as RG says you are the best. Thanks :)