Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Laconia Water and Sewer (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22955)

bigdog 01-25-2018 10:44 PM

Laconia Water and Sewer

I am serious planning to purchase a home in Laconia, which has town water and sewer connection.

Can folks give me a general idea if monthly cost for each.
Home will only be occupied by my wife and myself.

Thanks for your feedback !

joey2665 01-26-2018 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 290205)
I am serious planning to purchase a home in Laconia, which has town water and sewer connection.

Water not bad in Laconia it’s the sewer charge that gets you but figure about 35-40 per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

upthesaukee 01-26-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 290205)

Did you try looking here?

https://www.laconianh.gov/228/Water-Sewer-Billing-Rate

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Water Camper 01-26-2018 07:40 AM

We're on Weirs Boulevard and pay the unmetered rate, $226, quarterly for sewage. We have our own well.

Hope this helps,
Bill

BroadHopper 01-26-2018 09:22 AM

Laconia Water and Sewer

I have a meter. It's determined by how much water you used. Last year was about $500, prior was $560.

I draw water from a pond for irrigation.

SIKSUKR 01-29-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 290213)
I have a meter. It's determined by how much water you used. Last year was about $500, prior was $560.

I draw water from a pond for irrigation.

Even if you used town water for irrigation you could have a deduct meter installed on the irrigation supply. But I like your setup better.

joey2665 01-29-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 290339)
Even if you used town water for irrigation you could have a deduct meter installed on the irrigation supply.But I like your setup better.

If there is not another source of water for irrigation you can have Laconia Water install a separate meter and there will be NO sewer charge. I just had this done at my new home.

fatlazyless 01-30-2018 04:28 AM

If you live on an island or somewhere with crappy water ........ for 25-cents/gallon, in your own blue lug-a-jug, the Hannaford's in Gilford, next to Lowe's, has a water vending machine just inside the entrance, with very high quality water. It supposedly is Laconia City water, and the vending machine osmosifies it reversely after it was oxygenated, chlorinated, fluoridated and blessed by the Laconia Water Dept.

This Laconia Water Dept water is drawn from Paugus Bay, just upstream from the very busy Irwin Marine, new england's only 5-star rated Sea Ray ambassador dealer, (new Sea Rays start at about $28,000 for a 19'er) which has a dockside Citgo gasoline station for boats ...... which apparently does no harm to the city water supply ...... go figure ..... as the water gets tested, or something?

For a good flush, Hannaford's has public mens/womens rooms close to the store entrance which are probably hooked up to the Laconia sewer system.

Actually, you know the islanders get their water from the same place as the Laconia Water Dept; straight out of Lake Winnipesaukee ..... what goes around, comes around ..... whatever?

If you have questionable water coming from your kitchen sink ..... due to bad smell, or bad taste, .... or Lake Winnipeaukee comes out the faucet ....it seems like Hannafords at 25-cents/gallon is a good source ..... what's not to like .....makes it seem like an adventure or something ....hauling a 4-gallon/33-lb blue plastic water hauler down to the Gilford Hannaford .... and filling it up with some good, safe water for 4-quarters.

Barney Bear 01-30-2018 07:00 AM

And They're Free

Good news! There is no charge for the use of the toilets inside of Lowes. Years ago, there were paid toilets in the restrooms in the lower level of the Weirs Beach train station. Small children could crawl under the toilet stall doors for a free shot! 😏

fatlazyless 01-30-2018 07:23 AM

Hurray for Lowe's and Hannafords ..... and their free flush ..... and maintaining and cleaning their public toilet facility ..... that's actually a big service to the local area.

joey2665 01-30-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 290356)
Hurray for Lowe's and Hannafords ..... and their free flush ..... and maintaining and cleaning their public toilet facility ..... that's actually a big service to the local area.

Why must you hijack every post with your dribbling diatribe. It really takes away from the purpose of a post when the members have legitimate questions or information to share.
I find it extremely annoying.

Doobs41378 01-30-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 290357)
Why must you hijack every post with your dribbling diatribe. It really takes away from the purpose of a post when the members have legitimate questions or information to share.

Agreed.

webmaster 01-30-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 290357)

I don't encourage blocking members but if you don't want to see any member's posts just add them to your ignore list. Just go to your User CP and in the left Nav Panel under Settings & Options click "Edit Ignore List", type in the username you wish to ignore and click "Okay". Posts from the member(s) you are ignoring will be hidden from view.

joey2665 01-30-2018 08:29 AM

Thank you. I did not know you can block a specific members posts.

Rattler 01-31-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 290345)
If there is not another source of water for irrigation you can have Laconia Water install a separate meter and there will be NO sewer charge. I just had this done at my new home.

You leave out one very important fact: The cost for the separate meter, which I've been told can be over $1000. Many homeowners can't afford this luxury. Others are simply angered that Laconia uses this very unfair method to assess sewer charges. They know who has irrigation systems, since they periodically send a water department employee by to "check the backflow device" and then send you a $35 bill for this 10-minute service. They could use this information to come up with a much more fair way of calculating the portion of a homeowner's water usage that actually enters the Laconia sewer system.

joey2665 01-31-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler (Post 290417)
You leave out one very important fact: The cost for the separate meter, which I've been told can be over $1000. Many homeowners can't afford this luxury. Others are simply angered that Laconia uses this very unfair method to assess sewer charges. They know who has irrigation systems, since they periodically send a water department employee by to "check the backflow device" and then send you a $35 bill for this 10-minute service. They could use this information to come up with a much more fair way of calculating the portion of a homeowner's water usage that actually enters the Laconia sewer system.

The meter was 885.00 and to me "well" worth it. It should pay for itself in a few years.

Biggd 01-31-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 290419)
The meter was 885.00 and to me "well" worth it. It should pay for itself in a few years.

Are you not on the lake? Why wouldn't you just pull your irrigation water from there? :confused:

SIKSUKR 01-31-2018 01:29 PM

Dont know about Laconia but for my commercial building in Manchester the water dept installed a deduct meter that subracts the water used for irrigation and it cost nothing.

joey2665 01-31-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 290430)
Dont know about Laconia but for my commercial building in Manchester the water dept installed a deduct meter that subracts the water used for irrigation and it cost nothing.

No such luck, Laconia make you purchase a separate meter. If you plan on staying long term it is worth the 885.00

Rattler 02-01-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 290432)
No such luck, Laconia make you purchase a separate meter. If you plan on staying long term it is worth the 885.00

Thanks for clearing this up. Your original post made it sound like Laconia installed this meter for free. And, yes, if you stay long enough you will recoup your investment.

However, as another poster pointed out, there are examples (like Manchester) who recognize the unfairness of charging sewer rates for water that never gets processed by their sewer system. Unfortunately, tax-happy and fee-happy Laconia isn't one of them.

joey2665 02-01-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler (Post 290502)
Thanks for clearing this up. Your original post made it sound like Laconia installed this meter for free. And, yes, if you stay long enough you will recoup your investment.

However, as another poster pointed out, there are examples (like Manchester) who recognize the unfairness of charging sewer rates for water that never gets processed by their sewer system. Unfortunately, tax-happy and fee-happy Laconia isn't one of them.

Very true but since I am in Laconia my choices are limited and I refuse to pay long term for a sewer charge on irrigation so I paid the 885.00

bigdog 02-01-2018 02:43 PM

Silly question.......

If one builds a new house in Laconia, with sewer and water hookup, do you have to pay for the meter ?

joey2665 02-01-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 290505)
Silly question.......

If one builds a new house in Laconia, with sewer and water hookup, do you have to pay for the meter ?

The first meter is free, if you want an additional meter for irrigation it is 885.00

Spider Girl 02-02-2018 12:05 PM

Laconia Meters

Joey2665, I think you are incorrect. The first meter is not free in Laconia. Your builder must have bundled the cost into the plumbing for you.

joey2665 02-02-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider Girl (Post 290548)
Joey2665, I think you are incorrect. The first meter is not free in Laconia. Your builder must have bundled the cost into the plumbing for you.

No I think you are incorrect because I set the account and installation up for the build

Rattler 02-04-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 290567)
No I think you are incorrect because I set the account and installation up for the build

Really confused here... I have a cancelled check from July 2016 made out to the Laconia Water Department for $1194.84 for the water meter for our new house that was under construction at that time. Remember picking it up for our plumbing contractor to install.

Either I got screwed or you got a good deal. Guess I'll call the Water Department and demand my money back.

Irish mist 02-05-2018 07:52 PM

Laconia water & sewer is a crap-shoot. A friend called them up some years back to confirm they were extending city water & sewer to a small sub-division. They swore up & down that it was a go....friend purchased the lot & built his home & the city did indeed dig up the street, but at the last moment they only laid down the sewer lines. No water lines.

No explanation, nothing. Just said they changed their minds. He should have got this confirmed in writing. He did run this past the guy in charge; the water superintendent, but it is what it is.