Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Dive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26523)

RUGMAN 11-08-2020 07:24 AM

The Dive

Did I see the Dive tied up near Christmas Island or was that a mirage?

Bigstan 11-09-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUGMAN (Post 346176)
Did I see the Dive tied up near Christmas Island or was that a mirage?

Nope, that was it. Looked like it was listing a bit as well.

WinnisquamZ 11-09-2020 02:45 PM

“Listing a bit”. New dock coming to tie up to. Permit in place. Reads like a insurance claim in waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TiltonBB 11-11-2020 06:30 PM

Back Out

2 Attachment(s)
The Dive returned to the big lake today Sea Tow assisted with a tow through the Channel

RUGMAN 11-11-2020 07:44 PM

Anyone know where it will spend the winter?

Descant 11-11-2020 11:11 PM

commercial? Residential?

If I have a bubbler and rent them my dock for the winter am I now a commercial property in a residential zone?
Can't they leave it at the Weirs? I thought they had bubblers.

Beardude 11-12-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 346340)
The Dive returned to the big lake today Sea Tow assisted with a tow through the Channel

Is that a septic truck waiting for them on the bridge?

Patofnaud 11-13-2020 09:19 AM

Imagine trying to do that move at full lake level?!!! :eek::eek::eek:

upthesaukee 11-13-2020 10:18 AM

Hmmmm

Hmmmm. I think it had more than two feet of clearance, but the current could be interesting, given the higher outflow at Lakeport in the spring. ;)

Dave

fatlazyless 11-13-2020 12:25 PM

...... time will tell?

Everything considered, The Dive's 2020 new home at the Weirs Beach public docks seems like it is the single, one and only spot all around the lake where it is welcome and happy. It seems like The Dive has done found its happy home. Believe it is situated across from an incredibly ugly commercial parking lot that got dug into the hillside, and the mostly unoccupied seasonal Civil War-era(?) buildings owned by the NH Veteran's Assoc down there at 150 Lakeside Avenue......... a-yuh!

Will The Dive return here, next year in 2021 ..... time will tell?

Will The Dive be doing cruise, adult beverage excursions, out and back from this here spot ..... time will tell?

Will The Dive go spuds down into the natural, shallow water sandbars in Braun Bay and West Alton .... attracting boater, adult beverage-customers from all across the lake to a single social, watering hole ..... time will tell?

One thing is for sure here ..... time will definitely tell....... a-yuh? ... :rolleye2::eek::rolleye2:

gbracer53 11-19-2020 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like the Dive is at Fay's for some R&R

MotorHead 11-19-2020 10:13 AM

It looks like it is falling apart.
Well, it is a DIVE after all.

mowtorman 11-19-2020 10:44 AM

That sinking feeling

I know what's needed next to round out lake life. A decommissioned nuclear sub underwater dining experience. Bangor Maine had the "Submarine Lunch" that went underwater almost every spring.

thinkxingu 11-19-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 346781)
It looks like it is falling apart.
Well, it is a DIVE after all.

I thought the same thing, but it looks like it may be the image quality?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

MotorHead 11-19-2020 11:02 AM

I wonder how much they are paying for Winter Storage.

mowtorman 11-19-2020 11:14 AM

Value pricing

I'd say rock bottom.

GodSmile 11-20-2020 05:37 AM

Not image quality

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 346788)
I thought the same thing, but it looks like it may be the image quality?

Drove by the other day, it does appear to be in rough shape with siding coming off, It also looks like it is undergoing some sort of repair.

Biggd 11-20-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodSmile (Post 346822)
Drove by the other day, it does appear to be in rough shape with siding coming off, It also looks like it is undergoing some sort of repair.

It wasn't exactly attractive to begin with.

MotorHead 11-20-2020 08:31 AM

I think they should rename it to "The Dump"

GodSmile 11-20-2020 09:13 AM

ayuh

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 346830)
I think they should rename it to "The Dump"

Funny, that is how my wife and I refer to it when we see it on the lake.

lakewinnie 11-20-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodSmile (Post 346822)

Looks the same as it has always looked to me

mowtorman 11-20-2020 11:58 AM

Hey good lookin'

1 Attachment(s)
New view of Weirs to Meredith Bay. The Ossippees and Eagle Island always look great.

MotorHead 11-20-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakewinnie (Post 346839)
Looks the same as it has always looked to me

It was always a DUMP.
Just like couple of other establishments around here.

joey2665 11-20-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 346844)
It was always a DUMP.
Just like couple of other establishments around here.

Wow that’s a little harsh. Just because it’s not for you doesn’t mean it’s a “dump”. Have you ever been on the Dive? I have, while it’s just a once a year thing for me many others really enjoy it and I didn’t find it to be a dump. It was well kept and clean.

gbracer53 12-03-2020 04:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sometimes you need a really big piece of equipment to haul your boat out of the water!

fatlazyless 12-03-2020 07:14 PM

...... very bright white and boxy.

Wow ..... look at that ..... is it still down at Fay's Boat Yard? ...... a crane hired to lift it out like that probably cost at least one thousand dollars ..... wonder what's the real price that got paid to do that?

.... helllllloooooo ....... The Dive ....... what's the latest with The Dive?

And, that Weirs Beach public dock sure seems like the #1 best spot for it, all around the lake ...... it's #1 happy spot ..... a good fit .... it actually looks very distinguished from a distance on a sunny day ..... very bright white and boxy.

For about $22/gal at Walmart you can get exterior semi-gloss paint that would probably stick pretty good to The Dive exterior and make it a bright pink for a high visibility color. Now, bright pink would make it both very distinguished and very distinctive, characteristic of one person or thing, and so serving to distinguish it from others.

...... as seen from one/half to two to five miles away ..... out, across the shimmering waters ....... just look at that bright pink, boxy vessel ..... that's got to be The Dive!

MotorHead 12-03-2020 09:16 PM

My God, what an eyesore.
The further north you go, the further south you get.

Reminds me of the movie Deliverance.

VitaBene 12-03-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 347446)
My God, what an eyesore.
The further north you go, the further south you get.

Reminds me of the movie Deliverance.

Snooty? Snotty? Troll much?

MotorHead 12-04-2020 03:29 PM

No trolling.

Calling it like it is.

Rinkerguy 12-04-2020 04:29 PM

Every time I was at Weirs or the few times we were onboard the Dive was always full of people having a good time, staying safe and no trouble. God forbid people would stop disrespecting a new small business owner for trying to make ends meet.
Good luck in the future, hopefully 2021 will be back to the good ole days when we can actually enjoy the lakes region again

joey2665 12-04-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rinkerguy (Post 347487)
Every time I was at Weirs or the few times we were onboard the Dive was always full of people having a good time, staying safe and no trouble. God forbid people would stop disrespecting a new small business owner for trying to make ends meet.

Good luck in the future, hopefully 2021 will be back to the good ole days when we can actually enjoy the lakes region again

I agree 100%. It’s always busy people seem to enjoy it. They have not been traveling to many sand bars so that isn’t an issue anymore. I wish them the best of luck. So many trying to pee on their corn flakes.

Biggd 12-04-2020 05:13 PM

I thought it was in a bad spot when it was off the pier but it was in a much better spot this past year. I'm not a customer but I wish them well. I personally think it frugly but sometimes frugly works?

mowtorman 02-03-2021 11:25 PM

Oh what a relief it is

We have the view from the boardwalk back for all to enjoy. Great time to jump in on the public private partnership if you want to build some docks for Laconia. I was really looking forward to cracking a cold one while tied up......would have felt like 1977. I imagine alcohol will be prohibited at the public docks again along with swimming.

XCR-700 02-03-2021 11:48 PM

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...1&d=1605891440

Well I wont be as harsh as some, but truth is it aint pretty, that's for sure.

And while I don't oppose it in general, parking it at the Weirs docks was not an enhancement to the view.

That's one of my favorite views of the lake all the way back to my childhood, and the first spot I bring visitors to when they come to see the lake, and I feel a great sense of loss looking at this picture. :(

I guess life goes on.

Others opinions may vary,,,