Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lakes Region Businesses for Sale (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23685)

Chimi 08-04-2018 03:21 PM

Lakes Region Businesses for Sale

Does anyone know of a resource that lists businesses that are for sale in the Lakes Region? Retiring soon after 32 years in the corporate world. Need something to keep me busy.

thinkxingu 08-04-2018 03:26 PM

Please, please, please, please reopen the store at 19 Mile Bay.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Chimi 08-04-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 299426)
Please, please, please, please reopen the store at 19 Mile Bay.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Would not get into restaurant or most anything seasonal. I live here year round and would like to get into something that is a challenge, but is also fun (for me). Just don’t know where to start looking. My father and brother have been self employed for decades, so I have a good support team at the ready if needed.

JEEPONLY 08-04-2018 04:01 PM

So, what is it that would be a good challenge, fun and something you would be interested in?

Chimi 08-04-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 299430)
So, what is it that would be a good challenge, fun and something you would be interested in?

That’s a very good question! I guess I’ll know it when I see it.

Hillcountry 08-04-2018 04:36 PM

Chimi, I sent you a PM (private message)

Chimi 08-04-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 299432)
Chimi, I sent you a PM (private message)

Thank you for that PM, Hillcountry. Very interesting!

Phantom 08-04-2018 06:40 PM

The former “Crush House” restuarant/ Bar is available !!

Next to Parafunalia.

joey2665 08-04-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 299437)
The former “Crush House” restuarant/ Bar is available !!

Next to Parafunalia.

He said no restaurants above.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

8gv 08-05-2018 05:56 AM

The only problem with a business is having employees and customers; without them business would be easy!

I really feel for the business owners in the lakes region.

A severe shortage of committed help and more than their share of cranky customers must make it interesting.

More than ever, he who has the best help wins!

Good luck OP!

tis 08-05-2018 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 299449)
The only problem with a business is having employees and customers; without them business would be easy!

I really feel for the business owners in the lakes region.

A severe shortage of committed help and more than their share of cranky customers must make it interesting.

More than ever, he who has the best help wins!

Good luck OP!

You forgot trying to keep up with the government.

Nikon Gerry 08-05-2018 07:03 AM

The Business Connection

I would strongly suggest the Business Connection in Gilford, I have used them to purchase a business and sell a business. Bob Erinburg and his team are extremely knowledgeable and experienced in the process.

SAMIAM 08-05-2018 07:50 AM

What part of the lakes region interests you? Seems like you'd want to be fairly close to your business.

noreast 08-05-2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikon Gerry (Post 299455)
I would strongly suggest the Business Connection in Gilford, I have used them to purchase a business and sell a business. Bob Erinburg and his team are extremely knowledgeable and experienced in the process.

Start right here, Being a "know it when I see it" thing, Maybe something will jump right out at you.

Mr. V 08-05-2018 08:28 AM

With the baby boomers aging out there is a need for facilities to care for them; seems to be a growth industry.

MBNeckguy 08-05-2018 09:33 AM

Ivor Thomas at NH Business Sales. Nhbizsales.com

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Chimi 08-05-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 299458)
What part of the lakes region interests you? Seems like you'd want to be fairly close to your business.

I live in Gilford, and spend most of my time on this side. But will travel a bit for the right opportunity.

Biggd 08-05-2018 12:18 PM

Uber, work when you want, no employees to worry about, easy book keeping, you get to meet new people, no stress, what more could you want in retirement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TheProfessor 08-05-2018 01:21 PM

The store and gas station in South Tamworth on Route 25.
Been closed awhile.

Gotta be there from 06:00 AM til 9:00 PM 7 days a week though.

noreast 08-05-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 299470)
Uber, work when you want, no employees to worry about, easy book keeping, you get to meet new people, no stress, what more could you want in retirement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Cash flow. :)

iw8surf 08-06-2018 11:34 AM

My question would be A. are you looking for just additional income and/or to fill your free time by staying busy. or B. are you looking for the control to "run" a business keeping in mind all the hassle that goes along with it.

To me those are two very different things to think about. For me my entire life/career so far has been in a decision making/responsibility position in various companies, when I retire I don't want to make any more decisions.

loonguy 08-06-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimi (Post 299425)
Does anyone know of a resource that lists businesses that are for sale in the Lakes Region? Retiring soon after 32 years in the corporate world. Need something to keep me busy.

Depending on your corporate experience and contacts, consulting with businesses in the space you already know might be a good option. I think it would be better to capitalize on what you already know rather than venture into something new, especially given the ease of telecommuting these days.