Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Passing of Steve A (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22898)

upthesaukee 01-02-2018 07:55 AM

Passing of Steve A

An obituary in today's Laconia Daily Sun reports the passing of Steve Anthony (Steve A). Steve was a long time poster of pictures of sunrises and sunsets taken in and around Lake Shore Park. He also secured the use of the Lake Shore Park pavilion for one of our Forum Fests.

Here's a link to his obituary. Condolences to his wife Dianne, his family, and friends.

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/commu...n-e-anthony-66

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

joey2665 01-02-2018 08:15 AM

Very sorry to hear this. May he Rest In Peace. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. I enjoyed his photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

ishoot308 01-02-2018 08:26 AM

Very sad news...I always enjoyed Steve’s posts and pictures. While I never met him in person, he sure seemed liked a really great guy.

May he Rest In Peace.

Dan

DRH 01-02-2018 08:56 AM

I was fortunate enough to have met and chatted with Steve on several occasions, and as ishoot308 said, he was a really great guy.

Steve's forum posts were always helpful and thoughtful, and those who have been around on the forum for a long time enjoyed years of his wonderful photographs. He will be missed by his many friends.

RIP, Steve.

Skip 01-02-2018 09:35 AM

God speed Steve...my condolences to your family and friends.

Always enjoyed your posts and pictures, you will be sorely missed.....

ITD 01-02-2018 09:48 AM

Sad news, too young, rest in peace Steve.

Island Girl 01-02-2018 10:42 AM

Steve A.

So sorry to hear of Steve's passing. He posted so many pictures, many from early in the morning as the sun was rising. I met him at the Forum Fest at Lake Shore Park many years ago. He was a great guy.

RIP
IG

webmaster 01-02-2018 11:08 AM

This is very sad news. I have missed his posts but his great pictures will live on in the Photopost Gallery. Here's a direct link to Steve's gallery and one of his pictures:

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/photop...user=2392&sl=s

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/photop...11-10-12_1.jpg

Merrymeeting 01-02-2018 11:44 AM

I will miss his pictures and postings. RIP.

tis 01-02-2018 11:47 AM

I am very sorry to hear this too. I wondered why he hadn't posted in a while. He was taken way too young.

Grant 01-02-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 289384)
This is very sad news. I have missed his posts but his great pictures will live on in the Photopost Gallery. Here's a direct link to Steve's gallery and one of his pictures:

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/photop...user=2392&sl=s

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/photop...11-10-12_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing. He had a great eye. Wonderful collection.

Cindido 01-02-2018 12:46 PM

Thank you Steve A. for all the beautiful photos. You will be missed <3

Slickcraft 01-02-2018 08:16 PM

It has been a while since one of Steve's sunrise photos was posted. I had wondered about that a while ago; always enjoyed his posts. Sad news.

chachee52 01-02-2018 09:54 PM

Grew up with is son Steve in the park. He will be missed around the park and here at the forum. I'll have to try to step it up when I'm up there and taking the sunset pics (I will never be up earlier enough for sun rise pics:laugh:)

gillygirl 01-02-2018 10:43 PM

He posted such beautiful photographs. I downloaded several (with his permission) to use for my desktop.

I still miss the tradition of measuring snow in Yukis, named after his cat. One Yuki equals 7".

He was far too young. Condolences to his family.

Pineedles 01-03-2018 02:01 PM

I was shocked to see the notice of Steve's passing. He and I were politically like night and day. But its true that opposites attract. He was a wonderful thoughtful man who I enjoyed debating on a wide range of topics. I remember one disagreement we had where we proposed a bet whereby the winner would donate to the wildlife federation in NH. Steve lost the bet and made a donation in my name. Every time I receive their quarterly newsletter I think of Steve and will forever. God Bless You Man.

VitaBene 01-03-2018 02:18 PM

Rest in peace Steve... :(

bclaker 01-03-2018 04:31 PM

Steve's Passing

Sorry to hear of Steve's passing. I really enjoyed his pictures and posts.

CC185 01-04-2018 09:26 AM

I have never met Steve, but through his camera lens and views of the Lake we all appreciate there was a connection.

RIP, looking forward to the excellent view you have now.

trfour 01-04-2018 11:00 PM

Very sad news. Rest in peace Steve. My heartfelt condolences to family and friends.

Just Sold 01-05-2018 07:53 AM

I am deply saddened by Steve's passing. I loved his photos from LSP. I did not know that he was from Melrose MA like me.

moose tracks 01-05-2018 08:18 AM

So sorry to hear of SteveA's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Donzi Minx 01-05-2018 08:23 AM

Passing of Steve A

Way too young. His creativity will be sorely missed. It was Melrose for most of us, but it has now become Chelrose since the counter culture moved in an took over. RIP

Reilly 01-06-2018 05:22 AM

Saugus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Sold (Post 289522)
I am deply saddened by Steve's passing. I loved his photos from LSP. I did not know that he was from Melrose MA like me.

He was actually from Saugus just born in Melrose , l graduated with him ,great kid then & always a gentleman, will b missed for sure.He owned early on in LSP & loved it,

Donzi Minx 01-06-2018 10:29 AM

Passing of Steve A

I keep coming back to this. I think Steve worked for my family business in the early sixties. He was part of the admin staff at Eastern Tool & Stamping Co. Inc.
The factory was located at 109 Ballard Street in Saugus. I was just a snot nosed kid being introduced to the Steel Toe Cap business during the summer school breaks for work. I remember him being fairly humorous, friendly and a hard working man. It is haunting me so if you know more history....

Irish mist 01-06-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donzi Minx (Post 289573)
I keep coming back to this. I think Steve worked for my family business in the early sixties. He was part of the admin staff at Eastern Tool & Stamping Co. Inc.
The factory was located at 109 Ballard Street in Saugus. I was just a snot nosed kid being introduced to the Steel Toe Cap business during the summer school breaks for work. I remember him being fairly humorous, friendly and a hard working man. It is haunting me so if you know more history....

He was 66. If he worked for your family in the early 60s he would have been what....11, 12 ?

Reilly 01-07-2018 05:05 AM

Saugus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donzi Minx (Post 289573)

He graduated in 1969 so unless he was there after school it would have been in the 70's

Donzi Minx 01-07-2018 12:18 PM

Steve A

Reilly,

It probably was 71,72 as I graduated in 72 and only worked PT at Eastern, but I know there was a Steve Anthony there, the obit picture had the proper aging from the face that I was familiar with. I'll stop obsessing soon. Thanks for the info.

Rattlesnake Gal 01-07-2018 04:55 PM

Steve A

I am so sad to hear about Steve A’s passing. Like a few others here, Paul and I met him and his lovely wife at the ForumFest at Lakeshore Park. He was such a nice person with amazing talent with his camera. Rest In Peace, Steve.

sonj 01-12-2018 10:02 AM

Sad news

So sorry to hear of his passing.

CateP 01-12-2018 09:47 PM

Good bye Steve. Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos. Your legacy lives on.

Hermit Cover 01-23-2018 11:38 PM

Sadly will miss his photos...

They were wonderful photos, and they will live on! And being a regular Forum Fest-er I will miss his crock pot of the best chili....Rest in Peace