Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   O Steak & Seafood fire (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22697)

neitman 10-15-2017 08:11 AM

O Steak & Seafood fire

We were there Saturday night, entire restaurant was evacuated.

Hillcountry 10-15-2017 01:51 PM

Geeze, we have a reservation for tonight! I’d better call to see if everything is ok.

Hillcountry 10-15-2017 01:53 PM

Just called and they are open! The hotel had an alarm, I was told...

Hillcountry 10-15-2017 06:41 PM

Wow...just experienced O Steakhouse for the first time...best steak I ever had and I can cook a great steak...flavor exploded from the Kobe strip I ordered.
Wife’s swordfish special was special as well! Great restaurant!

ishoot308 10-15-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 286675)
Wow...just experienced O Steakhouse for the first time...best steak I ever had and I can cook a great steak...flavor exploded from the Kobe strip I ordered.
Wife’s swordfish special was special as well! Great restaurant!

Haven’t tried their Kobe Strip but I love their prime NY Strip!! Had it many times and they always nail it! Cooked perfectly every time! Six of us were their Friday night and everything was just great!

Dan

Hillcountry 10-15-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 286676)
Haven’t tried their Kobe Strip but I love their prime NY Strip!! Had it many times and they always nail it! Cooked perfectly every time! Six of us were their Friday night and everything was just great!

Dan

Ya I figured I’d go for the gold with the Kobe and I wasn’t disappointed!
And...the ”Winni-painkillers” were pretty good too!

Red apple 10-15-2017 07:44 PM

The 32oz bone in ribeye is one of my favorite!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

kawishiwi 10-15-2017 10:51 PM

Whoa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red apple (Post 286679)
The 32oz bone in ribeye is one of my favorite!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Yeah, bet you dont tell your accountant or your cardiologist about that one! :eek:

ACME on the Broads 01-01-2018 03:49 PM

THE "O" WAS SENSATIONAL For New Year's Eve Dinner

Had a fantastic dinner with another couple last night at The "O", despite braving a -21 windchill, the ride from Center Harbor was well worth it. The ladies had the roasted chicken and raved about the flavor, quality and accompaniments; the men had Kobe NY Strip Steaks and they were out of this world. Cooked to perfection, no fat, sides that were delicious, and dessert for all was just amazing.

The entire evening was top-shelf. We were greeted timely, had super friendly service, waitresses that were hustling and happy doing their jobs on a challenging night; this was just an overall terrific dining experience.

While I don't love the drive from Center Harbor, I must admit, this evening was well worth the drive; without naming other major dining establishments in Moultonborough, Laconia and Meredith, none come remotely close to the overall satisfaction we experienced last night.

To the owners and management at The "O", kudos for providing the dining public with a fantastic experience. We'll be back for sure!

Woody38 01-04-2018 07:24 PM

A chef friend told me that if one sees Kobe on the menu , probably should not order it. Kobe is prohibitively expensive and many restaurants, even good ones in NY, call lesser meats Kobe.
Many sell Wague ,(sp), or a cross with Kobe and american cattle.

Went recently to a market that only sells Kobe and the price was ridiculous.
Steaks $$$$$. Very pleasant Japanese staff.

We bought some and I was not enamored with the taste. Maybe an acquired taste.

---------------------------------------------

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.

Don,t put off living your dream or your children will not learn the lesson.

Winnisquamer 01-04-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 289511)
A chef friend told me that if one sees Kobe on the menu , probably should not order it. Kobe is prohibitively expensive and many restaurants, even good ones in NY, call lesser meats Kobe.

Anthony bordain says if the menu says Kobe to turn around and leave haha. I’ve had Wagyu at various places and it is delicious!

Hillcountry 01-05-2018 07:56 AM

Kobe, schmobe, obeonekanobe...the one I had at “O” was by far the best steak I ever had!

BroadHopper 01-05-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 289511)

I'd rather buy local beef from the local farm then go Kobe. They taste much better then the markets and even the wining butcher. Try the bison if you like the gamey taste!

Biggd 01-05-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 289523)
Kobe, schmobe, obeonekanobe...the one I had at “O” was by far the best steak I ever had!

That's all that counts. It's like anything else, some people have to say the bought something because of the name, esp clothes.
There is a new Ruth Chris that opened near my house and people were saying "they have the best steak".
The thing was cooked in sooo much butter I could feel my arteries clogging as I ate it. I won't go back there again.
I went to Peter Luger's in NY city a couple of years ago after hearing that was the best steak place in the country. I wasn't impressed, the steak had a funny taste to it almost like it was frozen. I guess I should have complained but my son paid the bill so I didn't want to insult him. It was expensive and it was cash only.
I've had the steak at O's and it's as good if not better than any steak house that I've been to.

joey2665 01-05-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 289535)
That's all that counts. It's like anything else, some people have to say the bought something because of the name, esp clothes.
There is a new Ruth Chris that opened near my house and people were saying "they have the best steak".
The thing was cooked in sooo much butter I could feel my arteries clogging as I ate it. I won't go back there again.
I went to Peter Luger's in NY city a couple of years ago after hearing that was the best steak place in the country. I wasn't impressed, the steak had a funny taste to it almost like it was frozen. I guess I should have complained but my son paid the bill so I didn't want to insult him. It was expensive and it was cash only.
I've had the steak at O's and it's as good if not better than any steak house that I've been to.

I don't like Ruth Chris or Peter Luger. Been to both many times, always other people's choices. There are many other steakhouses in NYC and Long Island that are much better. In NYC try Del Fresco you will not be disappointed. I agree O is better than both Ruth and Peter

Major 01-05-2018 02:13 PM

Steakhouses

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 289539)
I don't like Ruth Chris or Peter Luger. Been to both many times, always other people's choices. There are many other steakhouses in NYC and Long Island that are much better. In NYC try Del Fresco you will not be disappointed. I agree O is better than both Ruth and Peter

Generally agree with the consensus. Although cut from the same mold as Capital Grille, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, etc., my wife and I love Abe & Louie's in Boston. I don't know if it's the quality of the steaks, ambiance, service or what, but it's our favorite.

That said, we really enjoy O's. The steaks are very good.

Little Bear 01-05-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 289539)

I second Del Frisco's. The BEST! :liplick: Have not made it to their new Boston location, but have been to NYC and Las Vegas.

Mr. V 01-06-2018 11:35 AM

I assume many of you vacation in Las Vegas now and again; next time you are there you might want to check out The Steak House at Circus Circus (of all places).

It's been there over thirty years, and is very much "old school."

My wife and I dine there when in town and are always very happy with the food, service, and ambiance.

Biggd 04-14-2019 06:58 AM

My wife and I went to O's last night for my birthday, which is today. We both had the best steaks we've had in a long time. Two steak dinners with baked potatoes and salads. My wife had 1 martini and I had 2 beers all for a little over $100. Great night!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

moose tracks 04-14-2019 07:18 AM

Happy Birthday Biggd !! Glad you had a great birthday dinner last night.

joey2665 04-14-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 309602)
My wife and I went to O's last night for my birthday, which is today. We both had the best steaks we've had in a long time. Two steak dinners with baked potatoes and salads. My wife had 1 martini and I had 2 beers all for a little over $100. Great night!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Happy Birthday Biggd!! [emoji512][emoji322]. Enjoy your day. Glad you had a great meal. I love O, great food great atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

fatlazyless 04-14-2019 08:22 AM

... hey Buddy .... for just 2.50/ea, you coulda-woulda-shoulda stayed home and had one of those delicious Marie Callender frozen cheesy chicken w/ bacon, pot pies .....9-minutes in the microwave .... no 9% tax ... no tip .... and had an extra two hours to do something important .... like rake leafs!

Top-Water 04-14-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 309609)
... hey Buddy .... for just 2.50/ea, you coulda-woulda-shoulda stayed home and had one of those delicious Marie Callender frozen cheesy chicken w/ bacon, pot pies .....9-minutes in the microwave .... no 9% tax ... no tip .... and had an extra two hours to do something important .... like rake leafs!

^^^^ pit·i·ful :look:

Happy Birthday

https://i.imgur.com/xttHfAU.jpg