Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Finding Bigfoot (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20171)

glennsteely 01-18-2016 12:28 AM

Finding Bigfoot

Wow!! Sitting in New Jersey, first snow of the year, watching the new edition of Finding Bigfoot, in the White Mountains!! Cast is staying at the Omni Resort, at the base of Mt. Washington!! Curious, anybody have any REAL experience with Bigfoot? Does he swim in Winnipesaukee?
Be serious please.....

Winnisquamer 01-18-2016 07:19 AM

Kind of embarrassed NH will be labeled as one of those dumb states that actually believe bigfoot "lives" here. But I guess its for the TV ratings right?

PaugusBayFireFighter 01-18-2016 08:13 AM

See them often...

1 Attachment(s)
I come from a big family of Italians and Armenians. Bigfoot sightings are common for me. This picture, which appeared to be a Sasquatch riding on the Loch Ness Monster, was nothing more than my uncle riding an inflatable raft in Paugus Bay.
Don't be fooled...

HomeWood 01-18-2016 08:47 AM

I watched it purely for the fact they were in NH. I saw a preview for it while watching North Woods Law. That was the corniest thing I've ever watched!

dpg 01-18-2016 11:29 AM

How many shows can they make and for how many years can they actually keep searching? Maybe its time to finally get a clue..:laugh:

Newbiesaukee 01-18-2016 04:05 PM

Bigfoot is a wuss.

In Miami, we have the Chupacabra ( goat killer). But it still is not as scary as the folks who see it.

8gv 01-18-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg (Post 255893)
How many shows can they make and for how many years can they actually keep searching? Maybe its time to finally get a clue..:laugh:

They found him last year but the economics are better if they keep him sequestered for a few more seasons. :D

LadyJane 01-18-2016 05:07 PM

I also watch anything if it has to do with the lakes region. There have been episodes of House Hunters and Log Cabin home search that have focused on towns around the lake. And of course I always look for the brief shot of Sandwich in the opening music to the Bob Newhart Show. I've heard of UFO sightings in the White Mountain region.....but never Big Foot !!

Greene's Basin Girl 01-18-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter (Post 255890)
I come from a big family of Italians and Armenians. Bigfoot sightings are common for me. This picture, which appeared to be a Sasquatch riding on the Loch Ness Monster, was nothing more than my uncle riding an inflatable raft in Paugus Bay.
Don't be fooled...

Very funny! I like your photo.

MAXUM 01-18-2016 09:36 PM

Would have been funny as hell to hide in the woods with a gorilla outfit and scare the crap out of those idiots.

What a bunch of loons.

Winnisquamer 01-19-2016 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 255931)
Would have been funny as hell to hide in the woods with a gorilla outfit and scare the crap out of those idiots.

What a bunch of loons.

That's how you end up getting shot by an unsuspecting landowner by accident

Kamper 01-19-2016 07:36 AM

Searching for Bigfoot like animals is just hyped up infotainment. In this area I'm reasonably certain it's BS. Many of my family have worked the land and forests of this state for a couple centuries. The subject of 'Bigfoot in NH' never came up at any family gathering.

Since we have/had several people who liked to spin yarns who never mentioned this subject, I have to say Bf/NH has only recently entered the public consciousness.

fmgate 01-19-2016 12:34 PM

I read once that a man named Peter Samualson contends he saw one in the Bald Mountain (not to be confused with Bald Knob/Bald Peak) area of the Ossipees in 1979. In the same area (Connor Pond), there is a story of a sighting at the turn of the 20th century. There also have been odd tracks observed in the snow in the Thornton and Waterville Valley areas years ago.

I don't think NH is any more or less bizarre than any other state out there when it comes to reports and sightings of bigfoot. Every state has its fair share stories and legends.

CAVU 01-19-2016 06:50 PM

Its funny Connor Pond is mentioned. About 4-5yrs ago, a friend came up for the day, we wanted to hit a short hike, close by, something a little different, more remote. We found Bayle Mountain. The whole time hiking that trail, I felt soo uneasy, felt like we were being watched. I didn't want to say anything at the time, didn't want to ruin the hike. When we got out of there, she mentioned feeling the same thing, thinking it was just her imagination. We never saw or heard anything, just something strange about that area. Never been up that road since. Its too bad, driving in, I thought this might be a place I could live in. Not anymore.

baygo 01-19-2016 07:13 PM

Here is a website that lists all the New Hampshire sightings.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=nh

I would think that if there were any truth to these sightings we would have many more photos. So many people have the camera with them all the time today.

dpg 01-20-2016 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 255981)
Here is a website that lists all the New Hampshire sightings.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=nh

I would think that if there were any truth to these sightings we would have many more photos. So many people have the camera with them all the time today.

You can't get a picture of nothing...

SIKSUKR 01-21-2016 11:02 AM

Yup,those bigfoot species must cremate there dead cuz we just cant find 1 bone anywhere but we can find million year old dinoseaurs!

Rusty 01-21-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 256026)
Yup,those bigfoot species must cremate there dead cuz we just cant find 1 bone anywhere but we can find million year old dinoseaurs!

How can dino's be a million years old? Wasn't you paying attention in sunday school? Remember these words: "In the beginning"

glennsteely 01-25-2016 11:18 PM

Great replies....

I have been coming up to the lake and White Mtns. since I was 6 months old. I have spent whole summer's up there, long weeks in the fall, snowy winters, and spring time too....I've opened our cottage, closed our cottage, shoveled our cottage out for Christmas at The Lake....nowadays we vacation at least 2 weeks, sometimes 3, every year in New Hampshire. I've been all over the woods up there, hiked all of the Appalachian Trail in New Hampshire (and about an additional 500 miles of it) my point is....I have never seen a Bigfoot. Never thought I had seen a Bigfoot. With all the time I have spent in the woods in my 48 years, if there was one, I would have seen it. I've seen black bears, deer, moose, Mtn. Lions, bobcat, racoons, beaver, groundhogs, minx, muskrat, killer red squirrels, huge grey squirrels and the king of the jungle.....the chipmunk!! I even believe I saw a UFO at the lake, but no bigfoot.
I guess it makes for good tv (if that's what you want to call it) oh well, I"d watch it again for the scenery!!

8gv 01-26-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennsteely (Post 256275)
I have been coming up to the lake and White Mtns. since I was 6 months old. I have spent whole summer's up there, long weeks in the fall, snowy winters, and spring time too....I've opened our cottage, closed our cottage, shoveled our cottage out for Christmas at The Lake....nowadays we vacation at least 2 weeks, sometimes 3, every year in New Hampshire. I've been all over the woods up there, hiked all of the Appalachian Trail in New Hampshire (and about an additional 500 miles of it) my point is....I have never seen a Bigfoot. Never thought I had seen a Bigfoot. With all the time I have spent in the woods in my 48 years, if there was one, I would have seen it. I've seen black bears, deer, moose, Mtn. Lions, bobcat, racoons, beaver, groundhogs, minx, muskrat, killer red squirrels, huge grey squirrels and the king of the jungle.....the chipmunk!! I even believe I saw a UFO at the lake, but no bigfoot.
I guess it makes for good tv (if that's what you want to call it) oh well, I"d watch it again for the scenery!!

Well they wouldn't be very successfull with "Finding Squirrel" would they?

Looking for something that won't be found has more episodes. :D

glennsteely 01-31-2016 07:35 AM

Call me crazy.....

Ok, I'm up early on a Sunday morning.....flipping through the channels, wifey is up early most Sundays, she makes a huge breakfast before the Church activities start. Anyway, I get to AnimalPlanet, and our FAVORITE show is on, "Finding Bigfoot".....to my absolute AMAZEMENT, this one is filmed and about......MAINE!!! For real?? I can't believe it, all the years I've been exploring that area, I never heard a single bigfoot story. EVER!! To top it off, there is quite alot of stories and accounts, pictures and press coming out of Maine!! Apparently, its pretty prevalent up there. Wow! It's amazing that I never heard of it until the TV and "reality" tv made it so!!

Kamper 01-31-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennsteely (Post 256514)
... Wow! It's amazing that I never heard of it until the TV and "reality" tv made it so!!

You need to remember, the function of those talking heads on TV is to fill up the time during commercials.

noreast 02-01-2016 06:30 PM

Supposedly, last summer there were many sightings In NH,Maine & Vermont east and west of the whites, almost like following the Appalachian trail. I don't know why there not on that BFRO sight someone posted, but I recall many news stories last year. After living here my entire life, and climbing everything imaginable, I've never heard of a sighting in NE. I'd love to bump into one one though, I think?

glennsteely 08-23-2017 08:31 PM

Large Feets.....

I wear a size 15 shoe.....now, you KNOW what they say about a guy with big feet, right?

What?? No, they wear big shoes, thats all!!
Wow! Dirty minds.....
Anyway, I forgot about this thread I started.....and being that we JUST got back to Dirty Jersey from "A Re-vamp in The Hamp!" I started thinking..... (no, your neighbor isn't starting a fire) being that Bigfoot has those HUGE, MASSIVE FEET.....Well.....
WHAT?? NO PERV, I was going to say, they must have what you would call a "BIG UNDERSTANDING" huh?

Hillcountry 08-24-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennsteely (Post 284554)
I wear a size 15 shoe.....now, you KNOW what they say about a guy with big feet, right?

What?? No, they wear big shoes, thats all!!
Wow! Dirty minds.....
Anyway, I forgot about this thread I started.....and being that we JUST got back to Dirty Jersey from "A Re-vamp in The Hamp!" I started thinking..... (no, your neighbor isn't starting a fire) being that Bigfoot has those HUGE, MASSIVE FEET.....Well.....
WHAT?? NO PERV, I was going to say, they must have what you would call a "BIG UNDERSTANDING" huh?

FLL...is that you??

SIKSUKR 08-24-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 284573)
FLL...is that you??

No GS is a poor Philadelphia Eagles fan that watched as the Pats schooled them in one of there Superbowl wins.:laugh:Had to throw another dig at ya GS.:eek:

Hillcountry 08-24-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 284574)
No GS is a poor Philadelphia Eagles fan that watched as the Pats schooled them in one of there Superbowl wins.:laugh:Had to throw another dig at ya GS.:eek:

It's such a pleasure knowing they all hate the Pats but they keep shutting up the critics and haters. :D