Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   JoJo's and Greene's Corner FTW (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26262)

thinkxingu 08-24-2020 04:26 PM

JoJo's and Greene's Corner FTW

Ok, so the issues with Elvio's and closed-restaurant-on-Sunday/Monday thing has forced my family to seek non-traditional sources of takeout.

I, and others, have mentioned JoJo's subs before, but I wanted to reiterate that here. Specifically, that they have easily among the best subs around the lake. Their $9 meatball on crusty roll crushes anything in the area. For $9 at Sub Crazy, you get three meatballs and a bad attitude. But I digress.

Yesterday, on the advice of a fellow Arcadian, we tried Green's Corner for chicken fingers, fried chicken, jojos (potato wedges, not to be confused with JoJo's, above), and pizza, and it was GREAT. So great, in fact, that we may be done with Elvio's altogether. Piccolo is different enough that we may still go there periodically.

So, two thumbs up for JoJo's subs and Green's Corner pizza and chicken!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hillcountry 08-24-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 342336)
Ok, so the issues with Elvio's and closed-restaurant-on-Sunday/Monday thing has forced my family to seek non-traditional sources of takeout.

I, and others, have mentioned JoJo's subs before, but I wanted to reiterate that here. Specifically, that they have easily among the best subs around the lake. Their $9 meatball on crusty roll crushes anything in the area. For $9 at Sub Crazy, you get three meatballs and a bad attitude. But I digress.

Yesterday, on the advice of a fellow Arcadian, we tried Green's Corner for chicken fingers, fried chicken, jojos (potato wedges, not to be confused with JoJo's, above), and pizza, and it was GREAT. So great, in fact, that we may be done with Elvio's altogether. Piccolo is different enough that we may still go there periodically.

So, two thumbs up for JoJo's subs and Green's Corner pizza and chicken!

I Keep telling my wife that I wish there was a decent and “original” fried chicken place...I’ll have to look up Greene’s

thinkxingu 08-24-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 342343)
I Keep telling my wife that I wish there was a decent and “original” fried chicken place...I’ll have to look up Greene’s

It's "Roadie's" fried chicken, which I've never heard of before but is very good.

Hillcountry 08-24-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 342345)
It's "Roadie's" fried chicken, which I've never heard of before but is very good.

Yeah, I looked it up after seeing the Greene’s website and realized it is one of those outfits that deliver their product to the establishment (store/gas station, etc) and they cook it onsite. Must be similar to Chester’s fried chicken that Hannaford used to carry but stopped. I wondered if they cook it once a day and put it in the warmers or cook it to order?

thinkxingu 08-24-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 342350)
Yeah, I looked it up after seeing the Greene’s website and realized it is one of those outfits that deliver their product to the establishment (store/gas station, etc) and they cook it onsite. Must be similar to Chester’s fried chicken that Hannaford used to carry but stopped. I wondered if they cook it once a day and put it in the warmers or cook it to order?

Very similar to Chester's, yes, but I liked it better. Tasted fresh, for sure.

BroadHopper 08-25-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 342350)

There is a Roadies retailer at the gas station on the corner of Union and Gilford in Laconia. It's obvious they fry the chicken early in the day and keep them in a warmer. Not sure if its the same elsewhere.

thinkxingu 05-14-2022 12:05 PM

You guys, JoJo's is open AND their subs are still $10! What a goddamn value that place is.

Go getchoo one!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

phoenix 05-14-2022 03:34 PM

long drive if you dont live on the neck

tbonies 05-14-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 370667)
You guys, JoJo's is open AND their subs are still $10! What a goddamn value that place is.

Go getchoo one!

Try to clean up the language boss. This isn’t a junior high locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Charlie T 05-14-2022 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonies (Post 370679)
Try to clean up the language boss. This isn’t a junior high locker room.

He is making an attempt to be "cool".

thinkxingu 05-14-2022 11:49 PM

Y'all are both wrong—junior high schoolers don't use the phrase because it's ancient, and anyone who knows anything about schools wouldn't use it to be cool because of that.

I used it to emphasize just how goddamn good a value JoJo's is on a page where people talk favorably about criminally overpriced alternatives such as Sub Crazy. And they clearly think the same!

JoJo's = an excellent product AND value, and I hope they stick with it!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...332d478a41.jpg

TiltonBB 05-15-2022 05:57 AM

There are a lot of things out in public that are not appropriate. Quoting them does not make it right.

I agree with those who feel that language does not belong here. Using it twice does not make it any better.

fatlazyless 05-15-2022 05:59 AM

In Plymouth NH ....... https://www.shopmarketbasket.com/mar...n-takeout-menu ...... check out their four different hot subs, price-$5.99 ..... these are a LARGE hot or cold sub with choice from eight different added veggies

thinkxingu 05-15-2022 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 370690)
There are a lot of things out in public that are not appropriate. Quoting them does not make it right.

I agree with those who feel that language does not belong here. Using it twice does not make it any better.

Wait, holdup—y'all are really offended by "goddamn"?! I thought it was, and treated it like, a joke. Especially if the assumption is junior high school, which I (assume/hope) all y'all are older than!

The Real BigGuy 05-15-2022 07:28 AM

Every time I hear a conversation like this I can only think of George Carlin and his “7 words you can’t say on television” bit.

TiltonBB 05-15-2022 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 370692)
Wait, holdup—y'all are really offended by "goddamn"?! I thought it was, and treated it like, a joke. Especially if the assumption is junior high school, which I (assume/hope) all y'all are older than!

Nope. Still the same.

Posting it a third time didn't make it any better. It doesn't belong here.

thinkxingu 05-15-2022 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 370704)
Nope. Still the same.

Posting it a third time didn't make it any better. It doesn't belong here.

Grow up. People wonder why members leave here—among the reasons is that you and others are always looking to pick fights over absurdities like this.

It's 2022 and "goddamn" is as everyday as it gets. If you've got a problem with that level of craziness, block me. If admin does, I'm sure he'll pull my posts. Either way, it's ridiculous.

Susie Cougar 05-15-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 370707)
Grow up. People wonder why members leave here—among the reasons is that you and others are always looking to pick fights over absurdities like this.

It's 2022 and "goddamn" is as everyday as it gets. If you've got a problem with that level of craziness, block me. If admin does, I'm sure he'll pull my posts. Either way, it's ridiculous.

think,
Please take a deep breath. I think people are offended because you did not say damn good. Look at what you wrote. I am not a religious person myself but…

BoatHouse 05-19-2022 03:26 PM

Damn - condemn, especially by the public expression of disapproval

Certainly got that part right.

Why would God create something, and then damn it?

Much ado about nothing except that I now know where to get a bleeping good deal on a sub!

Little Kin 05-22-2022 08:28 AM

This guy was describing the value of a sandwich. No malice or ill intent . . . save yourselves for more pressing issues . . .