Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Winter boat storage (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22046)

WinterHarborGirl 05-30-2017 07:40 PM

Winter boat storage

Thinking ahead. Had a really bad experience with the place that we stored our boat this winter. I am looking for a new place preferably indoor storage as that's what we had before. Preferably in the Moultonborough area. Any thoughts about where I should or should not stay away from. Thank you

garysanfran 05-30-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterHarborGirl (Post 279318)
Thinking ahead. Had a really bad experience with the place that we stored our boat this winter. I am looking for a new place preferably indoor storage as that's what we had before. Preferably in the Moultonborough area. Any thoughts about where I should or should not stay away from. Thank you

You requested suggestions for places to store and places "to stay away from".

To help others, should you not share your negative experience details with others so they can also "stay away"?

WinterHarborGirl 05-30-2017 07:52 PM

I have not mentioned any names. I don't want to badmouth anybody. I am just looking for a place to store my boat that people have had good experiences with

WinterHarborGirl 05-30-2017 07:59 PM

I really don't want to badmouth anybody. Bottom line is the work we were supposed to have done was not done. We gave them a date that we were going to pick up our boat and they said that's fine. We called ahead to make sure it was going to be ready and the work was going to be all done they said yes we will call you back today if it is not going to be done. So the next day as promised we went to pick up the book it was not ready in the work was not done

DesertDweller 05-30-2017 08:53 PM

We store our boat at Trexlers as we have a Quayside slip and it makes life very easy. It's not indoors but it is under a roof and then they have covers to close it in. Have not had an issue in the three years we have stored it at Trexlers. The crew there have always been very good to deal with and we have never had any issues.

dxd 05-31-2017 12:23 PM

Winter Boat Storage

I used Ambrose Cove Marina in Moultonborough for the first time this past winter and had a very good experience with them. They are attentive, reasonable and on time. It is a family run operation with no website. You have to call them directly if interested.

LIforrelaxin 06-02-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterHarborGirl (Post 279318)

Not sure if you have or don't have a trailer.... but here is the following information I have obtained over time for that area:

1. Trexlers -- tends to be an expensive storage option
2. Goodhue Marine -- I had good experiences with them, however I followed the mechanic that serviced my boat when he went into business for himself..
3. Independent Marine -- Several people I know have used them, and are fond of the service and prices
4. Wally's Marine Service -- Also several people I know have used this place woth good results, not sure about prices
5. OTW marine and Dock -- Company started by two guys that left Goodhue marine... The do good work, and fair prices. Unfortunately for storage you must have a trailer, currently....
6. Ambrose cove -- I don't know any that uses there services, though I know a few people that rent dock space and have nothing bad to say.

Ken 06-02-2017 10:21 AM

Lance Packard at Packard Marine is good. Great mechanic and he also stores boats. Very resonable. My family has used him as a mechanic for over 30 years.

rowinghelmet 06-02-2017 10:33 AM

Andrew's Marine Service

The team at Andrew's Marine Service in Alton has been fantastic to work with.

Their prices are fair, they do good work, and my boat is always ready by the date I've asked for it.

Greene's Basin Girl 06-02-2017 10:46 AM

I store my boat at Melvin Marina. I do not have as trailer. I love the place and everyone who works there. The owner, Matt Young, is a great guy. I also bought my pontoon boat at the marina.

thinkxingu 06-02-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl (Post 279469)
I store my boat at Melvin Marina. I do not have as trailer. I love the place and everyone who works there. The owner, Matt Young, is a great guy. I also bought my pontoon boat at the marina.

Same here.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

WinterHarborGirl 06-02-2017 05:15 PM

Thank you everyone!! lots of good info here for me and I have all summer to check these out!