Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rubbin' Butts in Center Harbor (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24630)

Garcia 06-30-2019 11:56 AM

Rubbin' Butts in Center Harbor

Two thumbs up for Rubbin' Butts in Center Harbor! Easy access by boat (thank you to all the three hour rule followers!), quick service, and delicious ribs, sausage, mac n cheese, and baked beans. We got the order to go; next time, we'll eat in and sample more!

thinkxingu 06-30-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia (Post 314350)
Two thumbs up for Rubbin' Butts in Center Harbor! Easy access by boat (thank you to all the three hour rule followers!), quick service, and delicious ribs, sausage, mac n cheese, and baked beans. We got the order to go; next time, we'll eat in and sample more!

I'm glad to hear this. I've been thrice, but each time was not as good as the last, so I'm hoping they're back to the way of my first experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lin 07-07-2019 06:24 PM

Love Rubbin' Butts

Great food and awesome owners and crew. we have stopped in to order winter, spring summer fall. Have never had a bad meal. Have had the dinners and the sandwiches.

LakeGirl72 07-24-2019 06:30 AM

I was excited to try this place, but was very disappointed. had to throw it out :(

8gv 07-24-2019 08:06 AM

On Saturday we took the boat from Paugus Bay up to Center Harbor.

It was my first time traveling to that part of the lake.

Some of the numbered buoys are missing their numbers but we managed to get there without damaging any rocks.

Our timing was perfect as we were able to tie up to the last available dock space.

The brief walk up the hill was rewarded with BBQ AWESOMENESS!!!

I've been to Rubbin' Butts three times now and each time was just as good.

The couple with us was quite pleased and plan to visit again soon.

It was a great day!

joey2665 07-24-2019 08:25 AM

I also have been there about six or seven times and I’ve never had big barbecue

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

jbolty 07-24-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeGirl72 (Post 315972)
I was excited to try this place, but was very disappointed. had to throw it out :(

Can you give specifics? I've never been there

sledneck 08-01-2019 08:17 PM

I had the opportunity to try Rubbin Butts for the first time a few weeks ago eight the family and we absolutely loved it. The Brisket and spicy BBQ sauce was delicious. We’ll definitely be back.

strum 08-05-2019 01:52 PM

Ate at Rubbin's a couple of times the last few weeks. First time just had the smoked sausage with some spicy bbq sauce. 2.50 for the link and the sauce is a home run! Sausage is very good, might be the best buy on the lake.

Second time the family got the meal for 4 with ribs, mac n cheese, sausage, half chicken and pulled pork. Only complaint is it could have been warmer. We had it to go in the boat for a sunset cruise. Very good! Again spicy bbq is very good..

kayaking1 08-18-2019 07:34 AM

perfect before the band concert

Girlfriends in from PA, went to see the Center Harbor band of which my friend plays. Stopped at Rubbin and the 4 of us were not disappointed. Great brisket, barbeque, and sides were good. Will be back, enjoyed by all.

Intoon 09-07-2019 03:16 PM

Rubbin Butts Barbeque

We took friends out for lunch by boat from Gilford to Center Harbor last month.
We were planning to order pizza from Elvios,but,that Thursday they were closed until 4:30 pm, so we tried Rubbin Butts.
Everything was VERY GOOD ,portions were just right and the price was a bargain compared to other restaurants in the Lakes Region.
We will go back again !

chachee52 09-08-2019 07:06 AM

Finally got over to try this places yesterday coming home from the steamboats.
I had to get the everything combo, can't review a place unless you try everything :D
The brisket was juicy and fall a party, great flavor, the kielbasa had a great smoke and snap to it. The chicken was nice and juicy, my wife also had this and agreed was very good, she's picky when it comes to BBQ, usually not her favorite thing. The Mac and cheese was a big hit as well, kid scarfed that down!
Where I'm gonna be picky is the pork. I found the pulled pork and ribs a little dry. The pulled pork was shreaded a little thin so I think it dried out quickly. The ribs where cooked well, good flavor, just a little pull needed to get off the bone (which is the right way).
And as mentioned, good value.
We will be back!

thinkxingu 09-22-2019 06:31 PM

Because of all the positive reviews here, I gave Rubbin' Butts another shot today. It was very good, better than the last times I'd gone, but I'm still not jazzed about the amount of meat on the ribs. I'll definitely be back, but I'm keeping an eye on the ribs...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app