Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Piccola Market (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19009)

Bayview Girl 04-15-2015 08:43 PM

Piccola Market

Wow! Just had Piccolo's eggplant parm with fresh ricotta & fresh mozzarella. It was outstanding! It was in theIr cooler, such a great grab and go!! They also have amazing cheeses,olives and Italian meats as well as salads and pizza. Do take the drive, really delish!

Now if only I could find a year round rental for my husband and small dog as we're recently retired (living with family on the lake), I'd be golden! Albeit, that's a different thread!! 😊
Think Spring!!

Lakegeezer 04-16-2015 06:48 AM

worth trying...

Their take home marinara sauce at $2 a pint is very good as well. They only sell one size of pizza, very large and very good.

jetlag100 04-16-2015 08:11 AM

Picolo's

Is that the new store in Moultonborough?

WINNOCTURN 04-16-2015 09:08 AM

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlag100 (Post 243179)
Is that the new store in Moultonborough?

Their sign is a little hard to see from the road. It is where Archie's and the MUG were. DD at one end and the Laundromat at the other.

There is another Thread on Piccolos on the forum.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...hlight=PICCOLO

donnamatrix 04-16-2015 02:45 PM

Piccolo Market is great

I agree with everyone! The sandwiches are FABULOUS. We love the Sorrento. This is the family that used to own Maestro Italian Restaurant in North Conway. They are not open Sun/Mon, but that's okay!

winnipiseogee 03-24-2016 05:53 PM

Just wanted to bring this thread to the top. I've had a couple of sandwiches there in the last two weeks and they are outstanding. I really want to see this place succeed. Great option that doesn't taste just like everything else around here.

Nagigator 03-24-2016 08:19 PM

love that place.........

We go in there like every other day when we are up in the area. Can't beat the food and service. Usually buy a few loaves of the bread to bring home and stash in the freezer.

VitaBene 03-25-2016 09:12 AM

Piccolo has fantastic food, it is a real welcome addition to the area. Thin crust pizza with great toppings. Bill is working hard to build the market part of the business as well.

longislander 04-01-2016 05:54 PM

The wife and I tried The Goodfellas pizza a couple of nights ago.
Great pizza!

noreast 04-04-2016 05:09 PM

Is it the same as the Piccolla In Manch? if so, It's the real deal Italian.

longislander 04-04-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Don't think so!

http://www.piccolaitalianh.com/

http://piccolomarket.weebly.com/about.html

WakeboardMom 04-04-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noreast (Post 259741)

Moultonborough is actually "Piccolo," not "Piccola."

http://piccolomarket.weebly.com/

dpg 04-05-2016 06:33 AM

Everything looks fantastic on their website but man I've seen cheaper prices that's for sure. Guess you get what you pay for! :rolleye2:

Billy Bob 04-05-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg (Post 259761)
Everything looks fantastic on their website but man I've seen cheaper prices that's for sure. Guess you get what you pay for! :rolleye2:

They are not trying to compete with Murphys gas station lunches . The prices reflect the superior quality you expect and receive . If it's to much for you try the DD lunch in the same parking lot but don't try to rate the quality against each other

dpg 04-05-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob (Post 259763)
They are not trying to compete with Murphys gas station lunches . The prices reflect the superior quality you expect and receive . If it's to much for you try the DD lunch in the same parking lot but don't try to rate the quality against each other

Ouch!! Geez I'll try them, and I'm ok with the $ just sayin!

longislander 04-05-2016 12:51 PM

The pizza menu might a little difficult, including deciphering the prices.

When we we picked up our order for Goodfellas, we asked if we could just get a pepperoni and cheese at a later date. The owner said sure no problem. You can order whatever you want, and the price will be reflected accordingly.

SIKSUKR 04-05-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longislander (Post 259798)
The pizza menu might a little difficult, including deciphering the prices.

I thought it was pretty straight forward.$13.99 +$3 for pepperoni.

PIZZA

20" Cheese Pizza- $13.99
1 slice- $2.75...... add $0.50 per topping for a slice

Toppings $5.00
Prosciutto
Toppings $4.00
anchovies, chicken, pesto, Pancetta, sausage, sopressata, broccoli rabe, eggplant, meatballs, ham
Toppings $3.00
bacon, mushrooms, kalamatas, spinach, peppers, pineapple, Feta, pepperoni, fresh
Mozzarella, Ricotta
Toppings $2.00
fresh tomatoes, black olive, hot cherry peppers, basil, sauteed onions
Toppings $1.00
garlic

longislander 04-05-2016 02:38 PM

OK, now I understand.
$3 ... 10 items listed

v.

$3 for each item. Right ????

So, add bacon, mushrooms, kalamatas, spinach, peppers, pineapple, Feta, pepperoni, fresh
Mozzarella, Ricotta ... add $30 ... right !

So pizaa will cost $3x 10= $30 plus $13.99 = $43.99 for a pizza ... :eek:

$1.00 for a dash of garlic!

When I order a "meatlovers" pizza at Guiseppe's in Meredith I don't have to order separately.

Not ME!

dpg 04-06-2016 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longislander (Post 259805)
OK, now I understand.
$3 ... 10 items listed

v.

$3 for each item. Right ????

So, add bacon, mushrooms, kalamatas, spinach, peppers, pineapple, Feta, pepperoni, fresh
Mozzarella, Ricotta ... add $30 ... right !

So pizaa will cost $3x 10= $30 plus $13.99 = $43.99 for a pizza ... :eek:

$1.00 for a dash of garlic!

When I order a "meatlovers" pizza at Guiseppe's in Meredith I don't have to order separately.

Not ME!

Exactly...All I was saying, I have not tried them yet and I will. The last (stick) of peperoni I bought in a store I think I paid 3.00 for the whole thing. :D

longislander 04-06-2016 06:20 AM

The wife and I will order a pepperoni pizza, next time. Should come up to $16.99.

Reasonable!

Rusty 04-06-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longislander (Post 259836)
The wife and I will order a pepperoni pizza, next time. Should come up to $16.99.

Reasonable!

For a 20" pizza that is very reasonable.

VitaBene 04-06-2016 07:45 AM

Ask Bill to cook your pizza light and not cut, then finish on a stone at 500. Almost as good a fresh out of his oven!

Disclaimer... it is a giant pizza and may not fit in your oven whole.

piccolomkt 05-19-2016 07:46 AM

Clearing up price questions...

It is not indicated on the menu as it should be, but the pizza prices, which start at 13.99 per cheese pie and increase with additional toppings do max out at 24.95 (the price of our Goodfella, an Italian meatlovers pie of Pancetta, Sopressata, homemade sausage and pepperoni). Some toppings are $2.00, some $3.00, and some $4.00 which are higher end items such as broccoli rabe, sopressata, etc. Garlic is $1.00 as is extra cheese, but mind you....it is much more than a dash. Extra cheese is only needed if you really really want extra cheese. We don't short you on any toppings which are plentiful and plus atop a huge 20 inch pie. When you get pepperoni... you get what may look like an extra pepperoni in my opinion. Also ...sausage is all homemade as are the meatballs and fresh mozzarella. I won't charge more than $24.95 for a pizza with reasonable toppings. (not for a request of "I want 4 lbs of Prosciutto Di Parma on my pie for example). Most pies with a few toppings that we sell average around $19 - $21 I have noticed. Hope this helps.

thinkxingu 05-19-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piccolomkt (Post 262101)
It is not indicated on the menu as it should be, but the pizza prices, which start at 13.99 per cheese pie and increase with additional toppings do max out at 24.95 (the price of our Goodfella, an Italian meatlovers pie of Pancetta, Sopressata, homemade sausage and pepperoni). Some toppings are $2.00, some $3.00, and some $4.00 which are higher end items such as broccoli rabe, sopressata, etc. Garlic is $1.00 as is extra cheese, but mind you....it is much more than a dash. Extra cheese is only needed if you really really want extra cheese. We don't short you on any toppings which are plentiful and plus atop a huge 20 inch pie. When you get pepperoni... you get what may look like an extra pepperoni in my opinion. Also ...sausage is all homemade as are the meatballs and fresh mozzarella. I won't charge more than $24.95 for a pizza with reasonable toppings. (not for a request of "I want 4 lbs of Prosciutto Di Parma on my pie for example). Most pies with a few toppings that we sell average around $19 - $21 I have noticed. Hope this helps.

This just made me hungry for a meatball pie! Hope you're doing well.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

LakeWinniMom 05-19-2016 03:04 PM

Gluten Free?

Quote:

Do you offer Gluten free pies or other menu items? Thanks!

Acrossamerica 05-19-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeWinniMom (Post 262137)
Do you offer Gluten free pies or other menu items? Thanks!

And how about a gluten free vegan pizza?

Haven't had one of those since my mom mistakenly put a shirt card board with tomato sauce in the oven instead of the pizza.

Outdoorsman 05-19-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

I won't charge more than $24.95 for a pizza with reasonable toppings. (not for a request of "I want 4 lbs of Prosciutto Di Parma on my pie for example). Most pies with a few toppings that we sell average around $19 - $21 I have noticed. Hope this helps.

You are still higher priced than the HOP in the area.... by around $5.00/pie (without the Premium toppings you describe)... Personally I would buy them for my wife and I, but the kids have to be the priority for take-out.

No offense intended here to the market, we just do not seem to be the customers for this store/restaurant.

sky's 05-19-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 262143)
You are still higher priced than the HOP in the area.... by around $5.00/pie (without the Premium toppings you describe)... Personally I would buy them for my wife and I, but the kids have to be the priority for take-out.

No offense intended here to the market, we just do not seem to be the customers for this store/restaurant.

i will vote for piccolos all day long "you get what you pay for" keep up the good work piccolos Pizza is the best. :)

piccolomkt 05-19-2016 07:51 PM

Outdoorsman:
No offense taken. I completely understand. I have 4 kids myself and the only thing they get to eat is what I cook them. Our prices are simply based on food cost. I don't price them according to what others charge. The cost may seem higher than some I suppose, especially if someone is getting $8.99 for a 20" cheese pie somewhere!! Maybe it is the imported plum tomatoes in our sauce, or the special "00" flour in our dough, or the fresh vegetables we use, etc. I'm sure I'm getting less return than most, but I've always put the passion of cooking before the price. There are places for everyone. I am glad we have who we have and I get to see them everyday, as I am there every day making most of those pies myself.
Lakewinnimom:
No gluten free pizza. Our full menu is online at piccolomarket.weebly.com
Sky's:
Thank you kindly
AcrossAmerica:
hahaha

upthesaukee 05-19-2016 10:36 PM

Say what you will....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 262143)

Guisseppe's large Pizza is a 16 inch, and if I read their large pizza toppings list right, they are some $2, more $3, and the some $4 and up.

Looking at a 20 inch pizza, with premium ingredients, the pricing is not out of line. Looking at the area of the pizza, a 16 in pizza is (8x8x3.14)=almost 201 sq ins of pizza. A 20 in pizza is (10x10x3.14) = 314 sq in of pizza.

That is the old A: Pi x r squared. but in this case pi may be squared, but the pizza R round. In any case, I think piccolomkt has a pretty good deal, with 50% more area and premium ingredients.

We are on the other side of the lake, but may get a chance to try you guys one of these days. Good luck. Good pizza is readily available, but great pizza is hard to find. Yours sounds Great.

VitaBene 05-20-2016 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 262162)
Guisseppe's large Pizza is a 16 inch, and if I read their large pizza toppings list right, they are some $2, more $3, and the some $4 and up.

Looking at a 20 inch pizza, with premium ingredients, the pricing is not out of line. Looking at the area of the pizza, a 16 in pizza is (8x8x3.14)=almost 201 sq ins of pizza. A 20 in pizza is (10x10x3.14) = 314 sq in of pizza.

That is the old A: Pi x r squared. but in this case pi may be squared, but the pizza R round. In any case, I think piccolomkt has a pretty good deal, with 50% more area and premium ingredients.

We are on the other side of the lake, but may get a chance to try you guys one of these days. Good luck. Good pizza is readily available, but great pizza is hard to find. Yours sounds Great.

You maybe able to get it delivered to the CH town docks this summer.

piccolomkt 05-20-2016 07:02 AM

We will have no problem delivering to the Center Harbor docks. just call us with your order.

garysanfran 05-22-2016 05:41 PM

As do Mar Tonno trancio intero all'olio do oliva ...

Sorry. I hope I didn't frighten anyone! But...

This is one of best canned tuna available. My understanding is that it is hand cut from the belly. At $7.89 a can, it is less expensive than the best price I could find online...$8.88. You'll never buy Sunkist again. This is very hard to find in NH. Piccolo has it!

ericnh 05-23-2016 06:17 AM

Simply the best pizza around..... the best I have ever.

Try it and you'll be shocked.... I love the Goodfellas pizza.

Acrossamerica 05-23-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 262278)

This is one of best canned tuna available. My understanding is that it is hand cut from the belly. At $7.89 a can, it is less expensive than the best price I could find online...$8.88. You'll never buy Sunkist again. This is very hard to find in NH. Piccolo has it!

Wow Only $7.89 for tuna when we "common" folk pay a $1 in Market Basket for their top of the line tuna.

You might also be interested in this tiny gasoline station I have found. The guy only uses deep well oil and they refine it in 50 gallon batches. Costs 7 times what we "common" folk pay for gas but it is sweet stuff.

And I have a source of local lettuce. The guy uses only the finest steel knife to cut the heads from the roots and charges a mere $9 for a small head. Life just does not get any better than being able to pay the highest prices .

thinkxingu 05-23-2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrossamerica (Post 262307)
Wow Only $7.89 for tuna when we "common" folk pay a $1 in Market Basket for their top of the line tuna.

You might also be interested in this tiny gasoline station I have found. The guy only uses deep well oil and they refine it in 50 gallon batches. Costs 7 times what we "common" folk pay for gas but it is sweet stuff.

And I have a source of local lettuce. The guy uses only the finest steel knife to cut the heads from the roots and charges a mere $9 for a small head. Life just does not get any better than being able to pay the highest prices .

Wow. I'd hate to post something about the watches I own. The reality is that some people simply have more money or, in my case, prioritize differently. On a teacher's salary, I currently choose to own a boat that costs three times what it would to update our 70's era bathroom (think green with apothecary wallpaper).

Enjoy your $8 tuna and $20 pizzas (and feel free to share)!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

ishoot308 05-24-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 262278)

Wow and here I was thinking I was the only one who ate this!! It's tuna tenderloin and really is the best!! Once you try it you will be spoiled for life!

FYI... You can get it for $5.00 a can at Amazon if you buy 12 cans. That's where I buy it...

http://smile.amazon.com/As-Mar-Tuna-...ilpage_o00_s00

garysanfran 05-24-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrossamerica (Post 262307)

This place can be such a sandbox...

I'm sorry you are "common" (I assume synonymous with ordinary).

I drive a car I bought in 1992. My boat is a 1988 model. I don't consider myself "common".

However, if I do the math correctly, for an investment of $6.89 more than what you usually pay for a can of tuna, you too could now start calling yourself, uncommon! Tell your friends of your opulence. An investment well spent!

piccolomkt 05-24-2016 08:21 PM

I carry this tuna because I am a specialty shop. No point in me carrying Starkist. It isn't the kind of tuna you mix with mayo and give it to your kids on white bread. You enjoy it as you would a nice piece of Unagi Sashimi. Though it is pricey, I don't set the price high. I just add my cost as I do anything I sell. It is expensive when I get it, therefore it remains so. I keep my prices quite reasonable actually. For example: Prosciutto di Parma $16.99/lb. Taleggio cheese $9.99/lb., our homemade fresh mozzarella $7.99/lb. San Marzano tomatoes $3.99 and imported plum tomato cans $2.99, Sopressata $11.99/lb....etc.
All restaurants, pizzerias, stores etc. have food costs, and depending on what they choose to carry or use as/in there product, dictates the cost. Yes, some may inflate prices a bit, but most don't want to, as it deters business. I know customers are cost savvy and I am careful to keep my prices as reasonable as I can. Remember, we as business owners have big overheads. That food cost goes back into the business. There are your Golden Corrals and your Four Seasons and Aquavits and all those in between; they price according to what they use as well. The great thing is, it it is up to the consumer to choose where they want to go depending on their liking and what it is worth to them.