Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   best restaurant in northern part of the lake (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9016)

phoenix 12-12-2009 12:56 PM

best restaurant in northern part of the lake

Time for the 2010 fifth annual poll of the best restaurant in Sandwich/ Center Harbor/ Moultonboro and wolfboro

Merrymeeting 12-12-2009 05:48 PM

You need 1 or two more entries...

None of the above OR El Centeniro, Wolfeboro.

The latter would be my vote!

Pineedles 12-12-2009 06:31 PM

I used to vote for Canoe but the "O" experience has left me not liking the owner's (he owns both) ability to deal with customers in a friendly and helpful manner.:fire:

breathe easy 12-13-2009 09:43 PM

I am a big Lemongrass fan and for us it's no.1 and Canoe is a very close 2nd.

BroadHopper 12-14-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 114198)
I used to vote for Canoe but the "O" experience has left me not liking the owner's (he owns both) ability to deal with customers in a friendly and helpful manner.:fire:

O's and Canoe are owned by the same company, but there are different managers. I would suggest you let Scott know of your displeasure, not the manager. If you did talk to the owner, I am very surprise.:eek:

Pineedles 12-14-2009 01:12 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, it was Scott. See my thread on "O was it hot".

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8409

LIforrelaxin 12-14-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 114289)
O's and Canoe are owned by the same company, but there are different managers. I would suggest you let Scott know of your displeasure, not the manager. If you did talk to the owner, I am very surprise.:eek:

Interestingly enough I have conversations with Scott both on this board, through private messages, and yes even in person. Although I understand where he is trying to come from in his policies, he is often in my opinion thinking of the minority of people and note the majority.

I believe if his resturants where in area's such as NY or Boston, he would be getting far greater reviews. However is resturants are in a tourist area, and he hasn't seemed to figure out how to deal with that enviornment, and please all his customers.

As long as Scott continues to try and please the minority he will continue to have customer's like myself that just don't get his business model. I don't knock his food, I have been pleased with the food in his resturants. And I believe is prices are fitting given the enviornment (everything in the lakes region has gotten over priced). However Resturants being hot. People not be seated in empty area's of dinning room because it is "an adult only" section. Are amoung the practices that will continue to offend people. I also have gotten the feeling, that although his resturants have been successful, Scott is not a front end person, and that ultimately trying to deal with customer issues, when his resturants are busy, is not something he is good at.

phoenix 01-10-2010 05:37 PM

poll closes tomorrow get your votes in

phoenix 01-12-2010 05:48 PM

congratulations to the Woodshed for back to back top restaurant in northern lakes area. Canoe , Kevin's and the Kitchen also had very good scores. Will have another poll next December . Keep warm until the Spring and visit your favorite restaurants

Airedale1 03-10-2010 06:07 PM

I think the lobster mac & cheese at the Canoe is one of the best dishes I ever tasted.

wifi 03-10-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airedale1 (Post 121273)
I think the lobster mac & cheese at the Canoe is one of the best dishes I ever tasted.

I've never tried it, and I respect your opinion, however, lobster for me is puritan, I can't imagine polluting it with pasta or gooey cheese. I like to taste the lobster. I like pasta (but not with cheese) and I like cheese on other things.

Each to their own, I'm glad you like the LMC @ Canoe :)