Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   serious toon (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22129)

Biggd 06-19-2017 12:54 PM

serious toon

I saw a Pontoon boat at Naswa Saturday that had twin 400 Merc Verado's on it. Has anyone seen this thing blasting by on the water?:eek:

BroadHopper 06-19-2017 02:20 PM

A number of 'toons with serious HP.

They are out there. There were a number of times, too many, when I am cruising at speed limit only to be passed by one of these 'toons. I guess the 'sleeper' profile of 'toons' makes them invulnerable.

VitaBene 06-19-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 280354)
I saw a Pontoon boat at Naswa Saturday that had twin 400 Merc Verado's on it. Has anyone seen this thing blasting by on the water?:eek:

Are you going to hammer this boat owner as you did with the owner of the CC w/4 400s?

codeman671 06-19-2017 03:01 PM

I have seen twin 200's (on mine) and one at the sandbar with twin 250's. There is also a skydek around with twin 300's I believe. All were Premiers.

Winnisquam has a new Benny with twin 300's, but its not on the water.

Never seen twin 400's in person on a toon, but Premier has been testing a 12' wide Dodici on their facebook page with twin 400's.

HomeWood 06-19-2017 03:30 PM

Twin 400's....jeepers! I'm about to re-power a new to us 17 foot toon with a 9.9 4 stroke for 10hp limit Hermit Lake. lol

Biggd 06-19-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 280362)
Are you going to hammer this boat owner as you did with the owner of the CC w/4 400s?

I guess I struck a nerve with self centered, big ego crowd.:laugh:

salty dog 06-19-2017 08:46 PM

Fast!!

Here's one that's probably close. More and more power each year. I like the wind in my hair, too, and push the old 5.0 to WOT occasionally, but this is seriously fast! And like a "Q" ship in automotive terms, quite innocuous and probably fairly quiet for all the HP.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8KLblbZious" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLblbZious

Doobs41378 06-20-2017 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 280363)
I have seen twin 200's (on mine) and one at the sandbar with twin 250's. There is also a skydek around with twin 300's I believe. All were Premiers.

Winnisquam has a new Benny with twin 300's, but its not on the water.

Never seen twin 400's in person on a toon, but Premier has been testing a 12' wide Dodici on their facebook page with twin 400's.

Is yours the one for sale in Gilford?

Tyler 06-20-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 280368)

I did not sense any ego, just a question. Your snarky reply is curious.

thinkxingu 06-20-2017 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 280403)
I did not sense any ego, just a question. Your snarky reply is curious.

A case study in projection.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Major 06-20-2017 07:29 AM

Jealousness

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 280368)

I greatly enjoy this forum, but there is a prevailing element of jealousy from many posters. The level of distain directed to people having nice things, whether boats, houses, gated communities, etc., is beyond belief. When I see a nice boat on the lake, I think, wow, that's a great boat. I'm happy for the person/family who owns the boat. It doesn't make me jealous or lament that I'm driving a 2001 23' boat. I think I'm pretty lucky to be able to experience boating on the most beautiful lake on the planet.

In America, it used to be a noble goal to study and work hard, make something of yourself to achieve things that were thought to be unachievable. We admired people who are successful. Now we tear them down. Just look at how the media is treating our current president. I think Adam Carolla nails the reasons behind this jealousy in his podcast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQpXybTnGVg

Seaplane Pilot 06-20-2017 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 280410)
I greatly enjoy this forum, but there is a prevailing element of jealousy from many posters. The level of distain directed to people having nice things, whether boats, houses, gated communities, etc., is beyond belief. When I see a nice boat on the lake, I think, wow, that's a great boat. I'm happy for the person/family who owns the boat. It doesn't make me jealous or lament that I'm driving a 2001 23' boat. I think I'm pretty lucky to be able to experience boating on the most beautiful lake on the planet.

In America, it used to be a noble goal to study and work hard, make something of yourself to achieve things that were thought to be unachievable. We admired people who are successful. Now we tear them down. Just look at how the media is treating our current president. I think Adam Carolla nails the reasons behind this jealousy in his podcast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQpXybTnGVg

Very well said.

Major 06-20-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 280412)
Very well said.

Thank you!

FlyingScot 06-20-2017 08:29 AM

Not so sure it's jealousy

Quote:

I think the level of discourse is excellent overall, and I can't remember specific posts where I thought the writer was jealous. In the boat case just for example, I view twin 400s on a toon the same way I might view a Ferrari--it's awesome and kind of silly at the same time. One thing about high powered or very large boats is that they often (though not always) create bigger noise and bigger wakes than more modest vessels. Perhaps this perception is what drives the antipathy?

Biggd 06-20-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

I was in full admiration of the pontoon with twin 400's. That's a lake boat. That 45' Ocean racer with four 400's on It, on a lake this size, not so much. That's just a boat that says "I want the biggest and baddest boat on the lake". Jealousy was not my motive for this thread but some want to attack me for posting an opinion in another thread. I'm a big boy, I can handle it. Not all successful people deserved to be admired. Wealth doesn't automatically make you a good person.

Tyler 06-20-2017 09:31 AM

So why did you make the following snarky comment "I guess I struck a nerve with self centered, big ego crowd"? What positive could come from a statement like that? Do you know the poster you were referring to or just trying to stir the pot?

Biggd 06-20-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 280426)
So why did you make the following snarky comment "I guess I struck a nerve with self centered, big ego crowd"? What positive could come from a statement like that? Do you know the poster you were referring to or just trying to stir the pot?

Because he attacked me for comments made in an entirely different thread. He's the one that stired the pot I just fed it back to him. I don't know him and certainly don't care too.

VitaBene 06-20-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 280429)
Because he attacked me for comments made in an entirely different thread. He's the one that stired the pot I just fed it back to him. I don't know him and certainly don't care too.

I certainly did not "attack" you, unless asking if you were going to hammer the owner of a 20 something foot pontoon boat with twin 400s is now considered an attack. You posted 6 or 7 comments on a thread about a 40 something foot boat with quad 400s. I was merely asking if you were going to hold the pontoon boat owner in the same disregard.

Both boats are pretty cool. I would like a ride on either but would not want to buy one or the other. I like my toys, but whether they are boats, old cars, motorcycles or tractors, I pay cash for them and I buy them because they make ME happy (there is that ego of mine getting in the way).

I will not lose any sleep over you not caring to know me... I'm doing OK in the friends department ;)

Biggd 06-20-2017 04:43 PM

You were stiring the pot. Thats the only reason for your comment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Tyler 06-20-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 280467)
You were stiring the pot. Thats the only reason for your comment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

I disagree, it was a question, you made it personal.

Dad sold the C * C 06-20-2017 07:45 PM

I thought the same thing as Vitabene when I saw your name next to the post.
You voiced a strong opinion mixed with a lot of assumptions in that other thread. It's not like someone was tracking you down from another forum or digging up a thread from 6 years ago.

You have a right to your opinions and you explained what you see different between the two boats; when either one of them would exceed the speed limit at half throttle. We would not have had your explanation if he had not "stirred the pot".

Both boats are nice boats and fun to cruise around Winni on. Enjoy the summer:)

Woody38 06-20-2017 08:05 PM

In life we all have a right to our opinions and I love boats, nice autos and gorgeous houses. Not that I can afford them, but they are fantastic in my mind. I now downsized to a 19' boat on the lake. At one time I went from a 22' Boston Whaler on Cape Cod to a 37' Egg Harbor Sportfisher. I took a lot of heat from someone telling me he didn't know anyone who had what I had. The house on Cape Cod, this huge house and that big boat. "By the way what does a boat like that cost." I believe I lost a friend when I told him about $418,000. Apparently really not a friend.
Enjoy your toys and I enjoy seeing them all also.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.

mofn 06-21-2017 03:21 AM

Not your grandparents boat/boats any more......

RTTOOL 06-21-2017 07:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofn (Post 280481)
Not your grandparents boat/boats any more......

Here is my new boat for the lake

thinkxingu 06-21-2017 07:35 AM

That thing's gotta be a rocket ship! Congrats and good luck with the new vessel.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

ITD 06-21-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTTOOL (Post 280492)

That's a lot of power to go 45 mph. Nice boat though. What brand is it?

Biggd 06-21-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTTOOL (Post 280492)

That thing is sweet! It looks like the one I saw at Naswa.

ishoot308 06-21-2017 08:34 AM

Very Nice!!

Awesome ride!! Congrats!!

Your going to love the Verado! Extremely quiet even at WOT you will still be able to have a normal conversation with someone sitting right in front of them. I had a 250 Verado on one of my Previous toons and the only way I could tell it was running was by looking at the RPM gauge!

Congratulations and good luck with your new Avalon Toon!

Dan

Rattletrap 06-21-2017 08:45 AM

WOW nice ride !

Doobs41378 06-21-2017 09:12 AM

I would love to know how much they get for those...Beautiful boat.

ishoot308 06-21-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 280505)
I would love to know how much they get for those...Beautiful boat.

I'll guess that boat is around $135,000.00 new all rigged...

Dan

codeman671 06-21-2017 09:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It certainly makes these babies well...look like babies :D

Biggd 06-21-2017 10:43 AM

You need more babies. :D

Wolfeboro_Baja 06-21-2017 11:15 AM

It would be interesting to see a pontoon boat with a pair of Seven Marine's 557 monsters hanging on the back! I saw a video of a Cobalt pontoon with a single 557 on it a year or two ago but I haven't seen any in person yet. :D

ishoot308 06-21-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja (Post 280513)
It would be interesting to see a pontoon boat with a pair of Seven Marine's 557 monsters hanging on the back! I saw a video of a Cobalt pontoon with a single 557 on it a year or two ago but I haven't seen any in person yet. :D

Seven Marine makes a 627 now!! They do have a good reputation and following. No dealers around here or anywhere for that matter!

Dan

FlyingScot 06-21-2017 12:14 PM

Hooray for quiet

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 280500)
Awesome ride!! Congrats!!

Your going to love the Verado! Extremely quiet even at WOT you will still be able to have a normal conversation with someone sitting right in front of them. I had a 250 Verado on one of my Previous toons and the only way I could tell it was running was by looking at the RPM gauge!

Congratulations and good luck with your new Avalon Toon!

Dan

I'm not a big horsepower guy, but I love to read that these are quiet. Thumbs up from a tree hugger!

codeman671 06-21-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterG (Post 280515)
I'm not a big horsepower guy, but I love to read that these are quiet. Thumbs up from a tree hugger!

They are very quiet. Ours are barely audible at idle from the helm and you can still hold a conversation when under way. Even the 300 Pro I had on my Skydek was that quiet.

SIKSUKR 06-21-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 280514)
Seven Marine makes a 650 now!! They do have a good reputation and following. No dealers around here or anywhere for that matter!

Dan

I believe it is a 627.

ishoot308 06-21-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 280519)
I believe it is a 627.

Yes you are correct my mistake...

Doobs41378 06-21-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 280507)
I'll guess that boat is around $135,000.00 new all rigged...

Dan

If it is an Avalon I found this discussion that says list of $195k. Not sure if it is the same kind though.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...g-400rs-4.html

ishoot308 06-21-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 280524)
If it is an Avalon I found this discussion that says list of $195k. Not sure if it is the same kind though.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...g-400rs-4.html

That might be MSRP which is always very high. I just found this doing a google search, looks very similar.... I think I was pretty close.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...7%27-102995076

Dan

Doobs41378 06-21-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 280527)
That might be MSRP which is always very high. I just found this doing a google search, looks very similar.... I think I was pretty close.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...7%27-102995076

Dan

Good call :)

CHSLTD 06-22-2017 05:54 AM

Quote:

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Woodsy 06-22-2017 07:45 AM

It's AWESOME to see all the Hi-Perf Eggbeaters coming back to the lake!

Congrats on your ride.... pretty sweet 'toon! Can't wait to check it out!

Woodsy

RTTOOL 06-22-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITD (Post 280495)
That's a lot of power to go 45 mph. Nice boat though. What brand is it?

yes it is a lot power but it only gose 45 mph. :)

ishoot308 06-22-2017 02:58 PM

Good One

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTTOOL (Post 280569)
yes it is a lot power but it only gose 45 mph. :)

Now that's funny right there!! :D:D:D

AC2717 06-22-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHSLTD (Post 280543)
Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Ditto to Major