Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Seasonal Depth and those Dam People... (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26567)

ApS 11-23-2020 05:50 AM

Seasonal Depth and those Dam People...

We left this topic after 22 replies.

We'd decided that the displacement of a few thousand boats wouldn't make a difference in late-season water levels. (Which affects a lot of late-season boaters).

Have we considered the effects of shoreline erosion, which decrease the amount of water depth available for Lakeport to manage?

Akin to erosion, millions of tons of boulders constitute the many Lake Winnipesaukee breakwaters dumped to protect those thousands of Lake Winnipesaukee boats. Sand? Loam? Pilings? Over-sized boats?

Erosion, construction, property maintainance, dumped sand, over-sized boats, and building an endless number of breakwaters have effectively affected late-season boating--IMHO.

Biggd 11-23-2020 08:29 AM

Just wait for high tide.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 11-23-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 346998)
Just wait for high tide.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Or a full moon! Maybe all this rain will help...I'll keep you posted!

steve-on-mark 12-02-2020 05:20 PM

Lake seems to be up a little! I didn't know if I'd even have enough water to run a circulator this year, but I measured 3 feet at the end of the dock..the 50 cents is in the mail!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

joey2665 12-02-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 347386)
Lake seems to be up a little! I didn't know if I'd even have enough water to run a circulator this year, but I measured 3 feet at the end of the dock..the 50 cents is in the mail!

It does seem up a little bit what I did notice is that Winnisquam seems to be above normal. I went over mosquito bridge and the sand bar wasn’t visible at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

upthesaukee 12-02-2020 06:28 PM

Here's today's level

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 347386)

Here's today's level from DES: 502.53 @ 1500 hrs (3 pm).

https://www4.des.state.nh.us/rti_data/WEIN3_TABLE.HTML

Dave

Descant 12-02-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 346990)
We left this topic after 22 replies.

We'd decided that the displacement of a few thousand boats wouldn't make a difference in late-season water levels. (Which affects a lot of late-season boaters).

Have we considered the effects of shoreline erosion, which decrease the amount of water depth available for Lakeport to manage?

Akin to erosion, millions of tons of boulders constitute the many Lake Winnipesaukee breakwaters dumped to protect those thousands of Lake Winnipesaukee boats. Sand? Loam? Pilings? Over-sized boats?

Erosion, construction, property maintainance, dumped sand, over-sized boats, and building an endless number of breakwaters have effectively affected late-season boating--IMHO.

My breakwater was built ~60 years ago, maybe more. I don't know what an "oversize" boat is, but I probably have one (over 24'?). At the same time, my property, I think, is "LAKE SMART". Is yours?
Perhaps we need a star on those posters who have been certified LAKESMART? I expect mine next year as the program progresses.

mswlogo 12-03-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 347389)
It does seem up a little bit what I did notice is that Winnisquam seems to be above normal. I went over mosquito bridge and the sand bar wasn’t visible at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Newfound Lake I think is at normal height again. It’s at Columbus Day Target height.