Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Used Furniture Stores? Whole housefull needs to find new homes (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24770)

IslandRadio 07-24-2019 10:04 PM

Used Furniture Stores? Whole housefull needs to find new homes

I just became the (proud ?) owner of a fixer-upper on Mirror lake.

There is a housefull of furniture that we really do not want.

It's all very reasonable stuff - the usual, couches (one a convertible to a bed), beds (one antique), curved class front curio cabinet, misc. dressers, small tables, a rocking laze-e-boy type of chair, other chairs, etc.

People lived here, so there's pretty much everything that is needed to set up household.

I just want it GONE.

Does anyone know places/people who engage in used furniture sales who might want these treasures?

Let me know.

Thanks !!! Steve

jbolty 07-24-2019 10:13 PM

R&B in moultonboro

(603) 476-5671

TheTimeTraveler 07-25-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandRadio (Post 316031)
I just became the (proud ?) owner of a fixer-upper on Mirror lake.

There is a housefull of furniture that we really do not want.

It's all very reasonable stuff - the usual, couches (one a convertible to a bed), beds (one antique), curved class front curio cabinet, misc. dressers, small tables, a rocking laze-e-boy type of chair, other chairs, etc.

People lived here, so there's pretty much everything that is needed to set up household.

I just want it GONE.

Does anyone know places/people who engage in used furniture sales who might want these treasures?

Let me know.

Thanks !!! Steve

Put an ad in New Hampshire Craigslist in the "Free" section. It will be gone quickly.

www.craigslist.org

Enjoy your empty house!

Woody38 07-25-2019 10:43 AM

Do as my neighbor. Put it on the street with a sign. $25.
It will be gone by morning.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.

fatlazyless 07-25-2019 10:54 AM

In Plymouth, do a google search for 'Flip'n Furniture-Bridge House' and also for 'ReStore-Habitat for Humanity' ....... both retail stores have trucks to do removals along with a very friendly and helpful crew of three former geriatric psychiatrist volunteers ..... known as 'the three stooges'..... who will haul and load all your donated furniture, refrigerator and dining room table w/ chairs .....out and onto their big truck ..... asap-pdq ...... hut-ho-hut ...... Flip'n is mostly for furniture ..... Restore is more for kitchen appliances .... like a working, usable refrigerator in good shape or a sink, dishwasher, stove, kitchen island, bath tub, bathroom sink, clothes washer & dryer, air conditioner that works.

Also, there is 'Ladder's' .....a huge clothing and house hold items, second hand store, on Main St, Plymouth, next to Rite Aid, which is a partner with Flip'n Furniture.

witchboat 07-25-2019 12:06 PM

you might want to consider
https://maxsold.com/

Rockslider 07-25-2019 02:58 PM

Try Geez Louise right up the road in Melvin Village -- I think they buy houses full of stuff and re-sell it. Sounds like what you may be looking for.

Rinkerguy 07-25-2019 06:15 PM

Contact local Goodwill or Salvation Army, they will come and pick up all the good furniture and take it away. Great way to donate and the tax write off doesn’t hurt wither

Scott_In_NH 07-25-2019 06:43 PM

Furniture Donations

Hi
I just looked into this and
- Goodwill does not have any trucks and will not pickup.
- Salvation Army has trucks, but will not travel to Wolfeboro area to do
pickups.

Scott

Sue Doe-Nym 07-27-2019 01:48 PM

Used furniture

We have used Gary Wallace in Ossipee, who does frequent auctions.

IslandRadio 08-05-2019 08:59 PM

Thanks !!

I want to thank everyone who replied. It was all very helpful.

Ended up going to the Goodwill. They took everything (so far) that isn't broken (there are some cane chairs with the canning ripped - Goodwill didn't want those).

So, so far, so good. Have not brought the couch or matching chair over yet. Probably should check with them first on that one before hauling it all the way over there.

So, again, thank you !