Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Donzi Poker Run - Now Donzi Fun Run! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23402)

Rattlesnake Gal 06-11-2018 08:40 AM

Donzi Poker Run - Now Donzi Fun Run!

Donzi Poker Run is now Donzi Fun Run

Saturday, June 30, 2018

The 2018 Donzi Fun Run kicks off and ends at the NASWA. This will not be a poker run, or a race, but will be a fun get together with other boating enthusiasts. There are no restrictions on make or model, come one, come all.

Donzi Minx 06-11-2018 12:00 PM

Donzi Fun Run

Outstanding. I hope the weather is nice.
Without being too glib though....anytime you are in a Donzi it is fun!

LIforrelaxin 06-11-2018 01:46 PM

Nice, we need more events like this around the lake...

Gould1 06-12-2018 05:43 AM

Why the change from the poker run?

Woodsy 06-12-2018 07:41 AM

From what I was told... Last year the MP presence was oppressive.

Woodsy

Doobs41378 06-12-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 295821)
From what I was told... Last year the MP presence was oppressive.

Woodsy

Like bike week. More cops than participants.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

upthesaukee 06-12-2018 08:56 AM

Lake Winnipesaukee Donzi Club FB Event

Here is a link to the Lake Winnipesaukee Donzi Club Facebook event. The reason for the change is clearly stated.

https://www.facebook.com/events/252574758641456/?ti=cl

Dave

Gould1 06-12-2018 11:39 AM

What makes anyone think that things will be any different with marine patrol by not calling it a poker run? I would assume they will target a large group of performance boats no matter what. Do they hassle everyone that attends the HK Poker Run also?

Woodsy 06-12-2018 11:50 AM

I think because it is in fact not a Poker Run (with fixed stops) and basically just some like minded folks burning up gas randomly... You don't need to pull an event permit and get MP approval.

No doubt the MP will be paying attention...

Woodsy

Donzi Minx 06-12-2018 11:55 AM

Donzi Fun Run

Nah, you think they are like that?
Maybe doing DB readings at the same time?

The promotion of Public Safety!

LIforrelaxin 06-12-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 295837)
I think because it is in fact not a Poker Run (with fixed stops) and basically just some like minded folks burning up gas randomly... You don't need to pull an event permit and get MP approval.

No doubt the MP will be paying attention...

Woodsy

While you can loosely get around the permit... If the Marine Patrol wishes too, once you get beyond, a certain number of participants, a permit is required. I know because I have been involved in "Fun Runs" before. However calling it a fun run, and not having designated stops, my not in the MP eyes require as much supervision....

If the Donzi club is hoping that calling it a fun run gets them out of needing a permit from Marine Patrol, they are mis informed.... This is an organized gathering....

Gould1 06-12-2018 03:18 PM

The Easter Seals Poker Run is the one that would really fry my ass. Here we have a bunch of people spending money for a good cause and are here to raise money for a good cause and I find it too bad that the Marine Patrol can't look the other direction for the noise issues. I understand that speed could become a safety issue but a bunch of loud boats for one day is not going to harm anyone.

LIforrelaxin 06-13-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gould1 (Post 295850)
The Easter Seals Poker Run is the one that would really fry my ass. Here we have a bunch of people spending money for a good cause and are here to raise money for a good cause and I find it too bad that the Marine Patrol can't look the other direction for the noise issues. I understand that speed could become a safety issue but a bunch of loud boats for one day is not going to harm anyone.

While I don't disagree. Once the MP starts excusing on event, then it lead to more events asking to be excused. Its a slippery Slope.

The only time I can see that the noise ordinance could be waved is if a full out boat race is applied for. Poker Runs, Fun Runs, Fishing Tournaments etc. which all need permits once a certain number of participants enter, would just lead to more events getting created so that people could get around the ordinance...

Woodsy 06-13-2018 10:23 AM

LI.... I think you are correct! its a slippery slope between a "fun run" and a permit required event. Unfortunately I have no doubt the MP will keep a close eye on these guys... hopefully it will not be as oppressive as last year.

Gould1.... no chance in hell of a noise level abatement for a a Poker Run or a Fun Run. The only time that seems to happen is for the Vintage Race Regatta in Wolfeboro every 2 years.

I have no dog in this fight.... I have not participated in the Donzi Poker Run is a few years.

Woodsy

FlyingScot 06-13-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gould1 (Post 295850)

Not begrudging anyone any fun, and Easter Seals is a fine cause, but let's not be too gullible. The driving force here is not charity, and if one group is allowed to slide on the rules, many others will be in line to follow.

I appreciate the MP doing their job