Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Quick Summary of My Month At The Lake (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10666)

jkjoshuatree 08-17-2010 09:21 PM

Quick Summary of My Month At The Lake

My, how time flies!

For no apparent reason other than I wish I was back up there, I'm sharing some of the things I did.

Restaurants:

Lemon Grass
Lago (2x)
Baileys (more times than I care to mention)
Garwoods (2x)
Kevin's Cafe
Sea King
Guisseppe's
Ben & Jerry's
Morrissey's
The Restaurant (3x)
Burrito Me
East of Suez

Hikes:

Back Bay (9x-1x via bike)
Knights Pond
Abenaki Fire Tower
Five Finger Point (3x)
Chamberlain-Reynolds
Red Hill
Castle In The Clouds
Weeks Woods
Rattlesnake
Mt. Major

I also rented a boat twice and cruised to Blanchard Island to jump off the rocks and zipped to Meredith for late night ice cream.

Rented a jet ski on the windiest day I've ever been on the Broads (my son loved it though).

Found a rope swing at a secret spot in Wolfeboro.

Visited my Mom's side of the family in Meredith and my Dad's on Bear Island (jumped off the Mail Dock roof too, but don't tell anyone-it's illegal according to the sign).

Purchased some choice cuts of meat and other various items for the Win'ing Butcher Shoppe.

Lit off fireworks and got yelled at.

Had my pups off leash one too many times and had the police summoned by the same friendly neighbor who yelled at me for said fireworks.

Took a Forrest Yoga class in a 105 degree heated room (never sweat so much in my life!).

Celebrated my 3rd year anniversary with my wife.

Swam in the lake first thing every morning after my workout and the last thing at night just before bed.

Went to the Wolfeboro Craft Fair, where I bought way too much stuff to support the local merchants.

Witnessed countless deer, a toad, my first Bald Eagle, a few snakes, and a porcupine (the third time was the charm-the first two times my dogs just had to introduce themselves, which resulted in a trip to the vet and left me $1000 poorer).

Took a few midnight walks by the light of the moon without a flashlight.

And attended several AA meetings just to remind myself that the sober life is better (for me personally) and to also remind myself to be grateful for all that I have.

Thanks for reading!

I'll be back soon!!!!

Jonas Pilot 08-18-2010 04:46 AM

Now , That's a vacation!

WinnDixie 08-18-2010 09:04 AM

Ditto!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot (Post 137132)
Now , That's a vacation!

Didn't know I could get so tired...just sitting at my computer and reading!! Obviously not one second wasted..fun to read.

Mr. V 08-18-2010 10:00 AM

So many hikes in that heat!

During my two weeks (late July, early August) it was too hot to hike Mt. Major, at least none of us wanted to leave the lakeside to do it.

Why sweat when you can chill?

Formula 08-18-2010 10:23 AM

Sounds like you had a great time

one question- where is Blanchard Island? Never heard of it and can not locate it on the map??

VtSteve 08-18-2010 11:40 AM

4 Blanchards At entrance to Raoul's Cove; 550m SW FL#52

From Bizer

eillac@dow 08-18-2010 12:18 PM

jkjosh.....i also enjoyed your posts while you were on vacation. It sounds like you had a great time. The weather WAS beautiful. Good for you. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

jkjoshuatree 08-18-2010 09:47 PM

Thanks All!

WinnDixie and Mr. V...I can't sit still for long periods of time (obviously). Plus I love walking my dogs and what better place the the Lakes Region for all the hikes?

Formula...it's waaayyyy up past Moultonborough Bay, almost all the way to Green's Basin. Great ride from Bear Island.

Thanks Eillac!!

SPT13 08-19-2010 06:24 AM

Sounds like a fun time!! I was just up for a week and took your suggestion of The Five Finger hike with the jumping rocks at the end. Myself & my 14 yr old really enjoyed it, Thanks

jkjoshuatree 08-19-2010 09:39 AM

Spt13...

...that's great! I found it by mistake then took my son a week later and my daughter and her boyfriend a week after that. We stayed until dark they were having so much fun.