Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New England suffer a second blow (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25429)

joey2665 03-17-2020 08:22 AM

New England suffer a second blow

https://es.pn/2Qpfajg

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

joey2665 03-17-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Water (Post 328037)
Seen it too ,,, just came over the Boston news a few moments ago at 9:00 am.

Speaking of second blows .............. what about motorcycle weekend.

That's a very good question but I think there is a little time before a decision need to be made since it is mid June. Hopefully by then we will return to some type of normalcy

Hillcountry 03-17-2020 08:48 AM

“The GOAT” leaving after 20 years was inevitable...he’s going to milk the league for as much $$$$ as he can get for his last few years...we had an amazing run!

FlyingScot 03-17-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 328041)
“The GOAT” leaving after 20 years was inevitable...he’s going to milk the league for as much $$$$ as he can get for his last few years...we had an amazing run!

My completely uninformed guess is some sort of unresolved Oedipus Complex/need to leave home thing. Hard to imagine it's the salary, at least if he's thinking rationally. While he could probably get more from elsewhere, his licensing value will plummet if he has less than an All Pro year in another town. Plus between the insane cash he and his wife have already made...

Bruce explains it well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGORr7_Wp6A

TiltonBB 03-17-2020 04:52 PM

From Bellichick and Kraft

2 Attachment(s)
A classy goodbye!

rick35 03-17-2020 05:03 PM

I think Brady was screwed over by the Patriots last year. He has take less salary than market every year supposedly so it could be spent on the rest of the team. The Patriots had the worst offensive weapons in years. They certainly didn’t spend on receivers. So when it was time for a new contract I don’t blame him one bit for leaving especially where you know they wanted him to take another discount.

joey2665 03-17-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick35 (Post 328100)
I think Brady was screwed over by the Patriots last year. He has take less salary than market every year supposedly so it could be spent on the rest of the team. The Patriots had the worst offensive weapons in years. They certainly didn’t spend on receivers. So when it was time for a new contract I don’t blame him one bit for leaving especially where you know they wanted him to take another discount.

Even as a Giant fan I agree with you. Throughout his career he has taken less money and spread out salary to allow the Patriots cap room to sign other players He could have been selfish and ham-stringed the team like Brees and Rivers have done in the past.

dickiej 03-17-2020 06:58 PM

Remember Bobby Orr in a Chicago Blackhawks sweater.....ugh!

joey2665 03-17-2020 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickiej (Post 328108)
Remember Bobby Orr in a Chicago Blackhawks sweater.....ugh!

Phil Esposito in a Rangers Jersey. (Although I hated the trade I loved Brad Park).

Mr. V 03-17-2020 07:32 PM

I wonder whether Brady will sign with a team that plays NE during the regular season?

Even if he doesn't, it's conceivable that he could face them in the playoffs.

Oh, what a feeling that might cause NE (and Brady) fans.

swnoel 03-17-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick35 (Post 328100)

Why wait till you're 42 years old? Ole Tom doesn't need any money just another ring and I think he made a big mistake!

rick35 03-17-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swnoel (Post 328113)
Why wait till you're 42 years old? Ole Tom doesn't need any money just another ring and I think he made a big mistake!

I’ll stand by my original comment... he was screwed over. I think he was leaving at any price. He’ll never admit it because he’s a class act.

Irish mist 03-17-2020 08:34 PM

It's beyond obvious that Belichick has been pushing Tom out the door...

JEEPONLY 03-18-2020 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 328109)
Phil Esposito in a Rangers Jersey. (Although I hated the trade I loved Brad Park).

I lived in Ranger country at this time. Can't say I was sorry to see ( a dreaded Boston player) him come to NY!

Rangers spent some early season practice time in our local rink, in Darien, before ice got laid down in Rye.

I don't think Phil ever went to any of these very early-season workouts.

I mostly remember how HUGE Barry Beck seemed standing on skates!

TiltonBB 03-18-2020 07:36 AM

Just minutes after reports first went public of Brady choosing Tampa Bay, the Ticketmaster queue for Buccaneers season tickets absolutely exploded. It went from 972 to nearly 2,000 in a matter of seconds.

Edelman tribute video:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/03/tom...cKsdsaPFQzNaKc

The Real BigGuy 03-18-2020 09:40 AM

I hope Brady has a greater effect on TB then Montana did on KC. I’d really like to see him go out on top, even if it isn’t in NE.

Major 03-18-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy (Post 328151)
I hope Brady has a greater effect on TB then Montana did on KC. I’d really like to see him go out on top, even if it isn’t in NE.

RBG, you and I can agree on something! I too hope he's phenomenally successful.

Biggd 03-18-2020 01:32 PM

I'm a big football fan but this doesn't change my life one bit. It's a business just like any other. Maybe if the Patriots aren't very good next year it will fee up more of my Sundays. :D
It's all about the $$$$$$. I'm surprised it took him this long to leave. He's left a lot of money on the table.