Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   What happened to the Dodge dealer in laconia (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6374)

Lakesrider 07-08-2008 07:49 PM

What happened to the Dodge dealer in laconia

Just drove down there today looking for a part and the place is all closed up. I don't go there often but it was there a few months ago wasn't it? Time flys I guess. Also noticed tumbleweeds around the Burger King on the water. What is going to go in there? Prime property....:confused:

Anyone recommend a good Dodge dealer in the area?

WeirsBeachBoater 07-08-2008 08:01 PM

Dealer for cars or the parts? You can get Dodge parts through Lakes, on rte 106. But you must travel to Tilton or Wolfeboro for the vehicles.

Meredith Resident 07-13-2008 03:22 PM

The rumor is that Autoserv has bought Lakeview Dodge out. Now, this doesn't mean Autoserv will sell cars out of the Laconia location, it just means that they are the exclusive Dodge dealer in the Lakes Region. Autoserv Tilton will now sell, and service Dodge to anyone in the area. They are the exclusive dealer in the region. I had heard Lakeview Dodge was selling less than 10 cars a month before they went out. They were getting pressure from Dodge corporate to sell more cars. Autoserv had heard they were in trouble, they made Lakeview Dodge an offer, and they took it!

This was a move that Autoserv made last fall. They also acquired the old McGreevey Dealership in Belmont at the same time.

Autoserv now owns a dealership in Plymouth, Belmont, 2 dealerships in Tilton, and one in Concord.

sa meredith 07-13-2008 03:30 PM

good info

Meredith Res...
All acurate information. Do you work for them?
I don't know if they bought the land where Lake View Dodge was, or just the Dodge point. Not sure.
As an aside, for anyone that might care...
The gentleman that owns all of these dealerships is completely self made. Came from nothing. Took a job as a simple salesman many moons ago at a small dealership in MA, and worked his tail off for years and years. Migrated to the lakes region in 1989, and built himself an empire. Very nice family. He and his two sons run the day to day operations of the dealerships.

twoplustwo 07-13-2008 05:14 PM

has anyone used Miller's service in Wolfeboro for their Dodge?

Lakeview had an exellent service department, I'm bummed I can no longer use them. I've had enough issues with AutoServ; I've had less than stellar sales experiences with them and service? Let's say I wouldn't let them work on a bicycle at this point. He may be self-made, but his minions aren't worthy.:(

SAMIAM 07-14-2008 08:25 AM

I believe that Dick, the former asst mgr for service at Lakeview is now at the Jeep dealer on rt 106 hill in laconia and they are authorised to do repairs on Dodge vehicles.

twoplustwo 07-14-2008 10:13 AM

thanks!!

I have had 2 Dodge-specific issues with my dead sexy minivan;) in the several years that I've owned it, and like to know there's someone around who won't be guessing as to how to fix it. I once had it towed down Bean Rd to one local place, towed a week later to yet another local place, and finally towed to Lakeview who had it really fixed, ready to go, fully explained it to me in a way that I can understand (which takes a lot, vehicularly!), and it was covered under my warranty after I paid for towing and service twice to 'fix' the same problem. I hated the thought of trying to find someone to help me.

Thanks SIA!

froggy 07-14-2008 08:33 PM

Lake view Dodge site

I will strongly speculate: Dan Fitzgerald started Fitzgerald Dodge, sold the business, name was changed. My assumption, the business persons he and wife are, they retained the land & building. I've seen for sale or lease on the windows and recently a real estate firm's sign. Only my 2¢.

The same thing goes for Fitzgerald Motorsports land. He built the building, started the business, and I heard leased the business. There has been sign saying building for lease. There is a detailing business around back, separate from the vehicle business.

brk-lnt 07-19-2008 07:44 AM

Looks like the Fitzgerald Motorsports building is now For Sale/Lease as well.

The building was empty when I drove past it this morning.

no-engine 07-19-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brk-lnt (Post 76619)
Looks like the Fitzgerald Motorsports building is now For Sale/Lease as well.

The building was empty when I drove past it this morning.

The business moved around back to lower level. Business leases from owners of real estate, Dan Fitzgerald. Good source told me that.

He still owns the real estate of the former Dodge building. Both are for sale or lease. Another reliable source! Trust me - no rumors.

jetskier 07-19-2008 10:36 PM

Mls

Quote:

Originally Posted by no-engine (Post 76660)
The business moved around back to lower level. Business leases from owners of real estate, Dan Fitzgerald. Good source told me that.

He still owns the real estate of the former Dodge building. Both are for sale or lease. Another reliable source! Trust me - no rumors.

Both buildings are listed in the MLS. You can look them up.

Jetskier:cool:

brk-lnt 07-20-2008 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetskier (Post 76673)
Both buildings are listed in the MLS. You can look them up.

Jetskier:cool:

Thanks... I was actually interested in the Motorsports building, so I'll check it out.

JTA 07-20-2008 05:14 PM

Did I pass a Dodge dealer on the way from Wolfeboro to Ossipee?

KBoater 07-20-2008 06:15 PM

Wolfeboro dealer

Yes you did. The deal has been there for many years. The name has recently been changed. the new owner use to work there.

Wreckn1 07-23-2008 08:17 PM

Auto Serv bought them out last year, Dick is over at lakes jeep, mark is in concord at carlsons, a couple of the mech. went to auto serv, one went to belkanp tire. If you need parts or service for cars vans suvs and gas trucks go to lakes they are authorized by chrysler, very good and very prompt, if you have a diesel truck and need true diesel engine work go to concord, Carlsons, they have three of the best diesel techs in the state

Meredith Resident 07-23-2008 08:51 PM

Trites

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLboater (Post 76719)
Yes you did. The deal has been there for many years. The name has recently been changed. the new owner use to work there.

The name of the dealership is Trites. It used to be Miller Auto, but Gary Miller sold the business to long time GM Tom Trites. I have heard many say that Tom Trites is a lot nicer to deal with than Gary Miller.