Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Merry Christmas?!/Happy New Year/Tampa (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27668)

thinkxingu 12-27-2021 07:12 AM

Merry Christmas?!/Happy New Year/Tampa

Did I miss the Merry Christmas post?! I've been busy with last-minute travel tasks for our vacation but don't see one.

If not, I hope y'all had a great day and a great New Year!

Also, Tampa is gross and the drivers blow. SeaWorld was awesome yesterday. Busch Gardens today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rsmlp 12-27-2021 07:54 AM

FL this week

SWFL week between Christmas and New Years kinda sucks. Too many people! Our primary home is in Naples and we avoid this week like the plague. You can't judge SWFL based on this week is my point. We're heading back this coming Sunday when people will be coming north!

8gv 12-27-2021 09:40 AM

Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

If you have a craving for BBQ while on your vacation try Sonny's BBQ on Park Blvd in Pinellas Park.

It's cheap, fast and they give you a lot of food for the money.

baygo 12-27-2021 10:40 AM

Happy and healthy holiday wishes to all!

The linked video below is only intended for those who know me. Others are likely to see it as an advertisement, (which is why it was created) so if you don’t know me, and don’t want to encounter a promotional message, please do not click on the link. I’m posting it because I believe it will bring a smile to the face of my friends and hopefully encourage a New Year toast empathetic to those with opposing views.

http://www.DancingRabbitVodka.com/DRVodkaXmas.mp4

Peace on Earth goodwill to (insert pronoun here).

BroadHopper 12-27-2021 11:22 AM

Swfl

Use to be way better than SEFL. Lately, not so. Too many people and people are becoming more arrogant. I didn't go last winter because of the pandemic and I'm not looking forward to going this winter, although I left a week open for the family in Siesta Key. Good neighbors say I'm not missing a thing!
Tampa and Ft Meyers are way too crowded for me. Sarasota been great!

TiltonBB 12-27-2021 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 365577)
Use to be way better than SEFL. Lately, not so. Too many people and people are becoming more arrogant. I didn't go last winter because of the pandemic and I'm not looking forward to going this winter, although I left a week open for the family in Siesta Key. Good neighbors say I'm not missing a thing!
Tampa and Ft Meyers are way too crowded for me. Sarasota been great!

I will respectfully disagree. I sold the previous Florida house and had a new one built in very South Fort Myers this year. I enjoy the winter weather and getting away from the snow. We were boating until 7:30 last night and just made plans to go boating this Saturday. It is an easy boat ride to Marco island or Sanibel.

There are many things that are not great, with Florida drivers being first on that list. Yes, in season it gets a little crowded but you just have to pick and choose when you schedule anything. Being semi-retired it is easy to stay out of stores and restaurants on weekends, and the earlier you do anything on a weekday the less crowded it is.

I don't find the crowds worth worrying about, and the weather makes everything OK!

How do you hate this?

thinkxingu 12-27-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 365573)
Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

If you have a craving for BBQ while on your vacation try Sonny's BBQ on Park Blvd in Pinellas Park.

It's cheap, fast and they give you a lot of food for the money.

Thanks for the tip—we're actually looking for a restaurant RIGHT NOW as Busch Gardens' dining plan blows and we're starving.

Sonny's looks to have a bunch of closed locations—the closest is what you mentioned, but it's 40 minutes away.

If anyone sees this in the next half hour, throw out suggestions! Mission BBQ is close...

thinkxingu 12-27-2021 07:29 PM

Update: found our way to Black Rock Bar and Grill on Dale Mabry, and it was AWESOME. Like, Tuckaway Tavern awesome.

LoveLakeLife 12-27-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 365575)

The linked video below is only intended for those who know me. Others are likely to see it as an advertisement, (which is why it was created) so if you don’t know me, and don’t want to encounter a promotional message, please do not click on the link. I’m posting it because I believe it will bring a smile to the face of my friends and hopefully encourage a New Year toast empathetic to those with opposing views.

Men. Good will to men.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

smith point boater 12-28-2021 07:39 AM

Bonita Springs

Here in Bonita Springs and its fantastic. Contrary to others views the people are friendly and generally very accommodating. Its a shame you don't like SWFL anymore - Its sure beats the snow and ice we're seeing on the news. Don't miss it:cheers:

SAMIAM 12-28-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 365575)

Nicely done....love your rabbit