Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Done for the year (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27609)

steve-on-mark 11-21-2021 01:25 PM

Done for the year

Closing up shop today...it was a long season...here's looking to next April!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Descant 11-21-2021 02:13 PM

Adventure

Thanks for all your posts. Islanders live in an adventure world all thew time, but November and April are an adventure no matter how much you've prepared.

Grove84 11-21-2021 02:40 PM

Thank you

Happy Holiday and your posts from the islands help me stay connected to the lake when away. Many of your photos have been on my laptop as my background Let’s pray for an early ice out

Winilyme 11-21-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 364465)
Closing up shop today...it was a long season...here's looking to next April!

WHAT????? Am I dreaming it or do I recall a post where you spoke of celebrating Thanksgiving on Mark?

steve-on-mark 11-21-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winilyme (Post 364477)
WHAT????? Am I dreaming it or do I recall a post where you spoke of celebrating Thanksgiving on Mark?

Plans change i guess...we did last year and were hoping to this, but it wasn't meant to be.

steve-on-mark 11-21-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grove84 (Post 364467)
Happy Holiday and your posts from the islands help me stay connected to the lake when away. Many of your photos have been on my laptop as my background Let’s pray for an early ice out

Nice...thanks for sharing that!

thinkxingu 11-21-2021 09:47 PM

Quitter. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mswlogo 11-21-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grove84 (Post 364467)

I pray for "Normal" Ice Out every year.

If you keep praying for earlier ice out, we won't have any ice.

A normal season is a healthy for the lakes and surrounding land.

Stevebvt 11-21-2021 10:00 PM

Another great run. See you next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 11-22-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevebvt (Post 364484)
Another great run. See you next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

I'll be there at some point![emoji6]

steve-on-mark 11-22-2021 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 364482)
Quitter. [emoji6]

Hey...no fair!![emoji16] when the pain in the ass of island life outweighs the benefit of island life, it's time to wrap it up. My schedule at work added some 6:45 start times...put me on the boat at 5:15...dark in, dark out.

codeman671 11-22-2021 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 364493)
Hey...no fair!![emoji16] when the pain in the ass of island life outweighs the benefit of island life, it's time to wrap it up. My schedule at work added some 6:45 start times...put me on the boat at 5:15...dark in, dark out.

We called it a season on Saturday. Too much going on at home to keep going. We finished all of our planned projects and its time to focus on the holidays.

I hope you enjoyed the beers I left on the C-Nile :cheers:

thinkxingu 11-22-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 364493)

Totally understand! My wife and I went back and forth for a couple years on a year-round or seasonal camp. Ultimately, finances forced us into seasonal, but we've come to appreciate being able to shut down for the winter and not worry about anything while also enjoying new activities and getting things done.

We also appreciate having something to look forward to!

steve-on-mark 11-22-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 364501)
We called it a season on Saturday. Too much going on at home to keep going. We finished all of our planned projects and its time to focus on the holidays.

I hope you enjoyed the beers I left on the C-Nile :cheers:

I sure did...it's too late in the year to replenish the boat wine![emoji6]

mowtorman 11-24-2021 08:56 AM

Adventure

Descant brings up a really good point.....at least for me. Hidden unpleasant surprises lurk below the surface.
Years ago my brother and I were headed northwest past Parker Island in 2' chop. There was the sound of a rifle crack I pulled up the bilge window and a fountain sprung up. Pre cell phones we kept bow up and headed to the tip of Jockey Cove and yelled at a property owner to call ahead to Wolfeboro. Bow up we went to Northeast Marine where the lift was ready we drove in with water over the floorboards and got pulled out.

Short story 2' crack up center of deep v on 18' boat.

We were super lucky and it was summer. Marina said we hit a log I would have to agree.

Extend your season and the water temp drops 25 degrees. Better have a survival suit (if you can get it on)if your phone gets wet you are toast and no one is around to help you. What seems like a routine summer event like having dinner can quickly take a turn for the worst. If an adverse event happens you put others at risk coming after you. Most of the tragedies on the lake are the result of unanticipated events. The lake deserves the same level of respect as Mt. Washington.

Best wishes to all in this virtual community for a Thanksgiving to be thankful for.