Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Miami Boat Show (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22966)

ishoot308 01-29-2018 08:19 PM

Miami Boat Show

Anyone from the Lakes Region attending the Miami Boat Show in a couple weeks??

I have never been personally so I decided to take a mini vacation and head down to see what it’s all about. Not in the market for anything, at least not yet :D, but they are advertising 1400 in water boats which sounds unreal!

Any tips from previous show goer’s would be appreciated!

Dan

HellRaZoR004 01-29-2018 09:49 PM

Went last year. Highly recommend going on Premier day and taking the water taxi over. Don't mess with trying to drive in. I think we parked near the Hyatt Regency.

You will have much less crowds during Premier day.

ishoot308 01-30-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 (Post 290350)
Went last year. Highly recommend going on Premier day and taking the water taxi over. Don't mess with trying to drive in. I think we parked near the Hyatt Regency.

You will have much less crowds during Premier day.

Thanks RaZoR!

Yes we plan on taking the water taxi and are staying at the hotel (Intercontinental) where it leaves from. Premier day is already on the list!!

Dan

Liquorish 01-30-2018 09:19 PM

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been, incredible show, albeit a bit intimidating! Lots to see out of the water too, everything you could imagine and then some, plan on a very busy day. Have fun, I’m jealous.

Descant 02-01-2018 11:35 AM

Call the vendor and make an appointment to see some boats. Many are by appointment only.

VitaBene 02-01-2018 03:22 PM

Have fun Dan!! I'll be down for a conference;) first part of March. Please leave some good weather!

ishoot308 02-01-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 290496)
Call the vendor and make an appointment to see some boats. Many are by appointment only.

I'm afraid to do that as I may ending up coming home with something!!:eek:

MAXUM 02-01-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 290508)

And the down side to that is....?

ishoot308 02-01-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 290506)
Have fun Dan!! I'll be down for a conference;) first part of March. Please leave some good weather!

Thanks Vita!

Weather should be great there for your trip in March!

Dan

Descant 02-01-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 290508)

Stick to 100 footers. Too big for the lake. And you'll need some sort of southern place to stay when you retire, anyway. Charter it and take advantage of the BIG depreciation.

ishoot308 02-16-2018 04:53 PM

7 Attachment(s)
We spent yesterday and today at the Miami Boat Show and must say we were completely overwhelmed. It is absolutely HUGE and there is so much to see!! Everything imaginable related to boating is here except pontoons. They advertised 1400 in water boats and just as many out of the water. Everything from small rib inflatables to the most expensive 100’ yachts are here for you to see and feel!

We both fell in love with a Minorca 42 islander with fly bridge. Built in Spain with real old world craftsmanship and attention to detail. A real piece of art at a great show special price of $748,000.00. It didn’t come with a trailer so I had to pass!:D:D

Coming back down to reality I really really like the Ranger Tug line of boats. Very nicely made and nice looking as well! Definitely the perfect island boat!

Black fin had a very impressive 27’ center console with dual 200 Verado’s on it that we also liked. It was priced right compared to others and looked like a real quality build.

Speaking of center consoles, the boat market is definitely pushing these hard! By far the most dominant type of boat shown here, nothing else came close! Big and long at 55’or 60’ with multiple big outboards.

Another boat we fell in love with was a Chris Craft Launch 27’. What a beautiful boat and not priced ridiculously. I can see one of these being added to the fleet when I sell one of my others off...maybe next year...

All in All a fantastic show and really glad I came. There is just so much to see and it is very overwhelming. You could easily spend 4 days here and not see everything!

I’ll try and post some pics below...

Dam

noreast 02-16-2018 05:41 PM

I love those Ranger tugs as well. Center console builders finally realized that most fisherman have family's, One boat can do the same as two. I honestly think the the family friendly versions will push some potential pontoon shoppers to take a look at a center console. I'd love to go down there.

Hillcountry 02-16-2018 06:38 PM

You have good taste! All beauties! Alas, I’ll have to stick with my measly, tritoon for a few more years! ;)

ishoot308 02-16-2018 08:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by noreast (Post 291149)
I love those Ranger tugs as well. Center console builders finally realized that most fisherman have family's, One boat can do the same as two. I honestly think the the family friendly versions will push some potential pontoon shoppers to take a look at a center console. I'd love to go down there.

Here’s a couple pics of those big Center consoles I was talking about. By far the most shown boat at the show....

ishoot308 02-16-2018 08:59 PM

Miami Skyline

2 Attachment(s)
The Miami skyline is stunning from the water especially at night!....

ishoot308 02-16-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 291156)
You have good taste! All beauties! Alas, I’ll have to stick with my measly, tritoon for a few more years! ;)

Nothing wrong or measly with a tri-toon Hill! I have one and love it!!

There is just something about old world craftsmanship with wood that some of the overseas manufacturers are still building and to a lesser extent Chriscraft, that just tugs at me...and my wallet!

Dan

ursa minor 02-16-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 291159)
Here’s a couple pics of those big Center consoles I was talking about. By far the most shown boat at the show....

2,000 HP, life is good! That looks like something that should be in a cartoon and yet I admit I'd love a ride. The lake will need to soften up a bit first... Thanks for sharing, looks like great fun.

Woody38 02-16-2018 10:57 PM

Any idea how much fuel these 4 or 5 outboards will burn /hour.
My 37' Egg Harbor with 350 hp Crusaders got 1 mile/gallon. So with 404 gal. of fuel figure on 320-350 miles to look for the fuel dock.

ishoot308 02-17-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 291164)
Any idea how much fuel these 4 or 5 outboards will burn /hour.
My 37' Egg Harbor with 350 hp Crusaders got 1 mile/gallon. So with 404 gal. of fuel figure on 320-350 miles to look for the fuel dock.

At WOT, each outboard burns about 30 gallons of fuel per hour....at cruising speed much less, maybe about 1/3rd of that.

Dan

noreast 02-17-2018 03:17 PM

Yeah, those center consoles are a little different than what I had in mind. Spectacular!

Descant 02-17-2018 09:04 PM

Thanks for the input/update on the MIA Show, Dan. I've done FLL which is 10/31 +/- in the fall and it's a great event.
You never know you need a new boat until wifey says " What a great galley" or "Did you see how big that swim platform was? "Great placement of the down riggers never seems to come up. (I'm not a down rigger fisherman, did I miss it?)

Kamper 02-18-2018 10:56 AM

On TheHulltruth.com there are probably several threads for this event. In the Regional Section/Northeast Region you may be able to find other boaters from New England who are attending.

THT used to ave a booth there also but I don't know if they still do.

Enjoy!

MAXUM 02-25-2018 01:11 PM

There must be an incredible amount of engineering that went into the transom design and materials used of those boats that are sporting 4-5 outboard motors putting out that kind of HP. Pretty crazy!

Nice pics!

ishoot308 02-25-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 291386)
There must be an incredible amount of engineering that went into the transom design and materials used of those boats that are sporting 4-5 outboard motors putting out that kind of HP. Pretty crazy!

Nice pics!

I agree! There was actually one boat that had 5 Seven Marine 627 HP outboards hanging off the back. I wish I had a pic of it! Just crazy!

Dan

persistence 03-01-2018 12:15 AM

Did you seatrial the 92 Viking? :) I still don't understand the outboard cc trend. I mean I do, and I don't.