Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Drone Video over Winnipesaukee (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21563)

KTO 12-26-2016 11:23 PM

Drone Video over Winnipesaukee

Sent the drone up on Friday, Dec. 23. Here's a look from above the lake if you haven't gotten a chance to get up this way (or if you can't fly). You can see the lake freezing over with a few pockets of open water.

This video was shot along the Meredith/Center Harbor line.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6udUGEAiA0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/6udUGEAiA0g

WinnisquamZ 12-27-2016 07:23 AM

Well done. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Aunt Lula 12-27-2016 11:20 AM

Thanks for sharing!

CateP 12-28-2016 07:43 PM

Terrific drone video. I love these when I see them.

CateP 12-28-2016 08:59 PM

Hi KTO--I posted your video over on Facebook and you shoud check out the comments. People are asking questions;

KTO 12-29-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CateP (Post 273137)
Hi KTO--I posted your video over on Facebook and you shoud check out the comments. People are asking questions;

Cool! Thank you for sharing! When I get approved in the Facebook group, I'll go over and check out the questions!

I also have a few more videos from this summer that I'll post soon!

lake4life 01-17-2017 12:27 PM

Nice video!

shifthappens 01-17-2017 03:13 PM

So cool!:coolsm:

NHGUNOWNER 01-17-2017 09:31 PM

AWESOME!
Well done videography too.

rsmlp 01-18-2017 07:09 AM

Lake was perhaps more frozen then than now-at least where I am on LI. Forecast does not look conducive to freeze over either. :(

Wiezy 01-18-2017 10:12 AM

Which Model Drone?

KTO-
Love the video, great angles to see the ice and mountains. Looking forward to seeing more when you post them!

Which model drone did you use to take this video? The quality is fantastic and it is quite steady.

Thanks for sharing.

-Wiezy

KTO 01-21-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiezy (Post 273693)
KTO-
Love the video, great angles to see the ice and mountains. Looking forward to seeing more when you post them!

Which model drone did you use to take this video? The quality is fantastic and it is quite steady.

Thanks for sharing.

-Wiezy

Thanks! I have a few from the summer of Meredith and Center Harbor to post, still.

The drone is a DJI Phanton 3 Advanced (mid-level for the Phantom 3) plus a few years of video production experience!

Mayhem PHC 01-22-2017 04:14 PM

Updated video for Pond Hockey ??

Any chance you can shoot a new drone video of the Pond Hockey area. I'm traveling from Colorado in a couple weeks. I'd love to see their progress to date :-).

Thanks !

Just Sold 01-22-2017 06:22 PM

I was in Merredith yesterday and they were on the ice using snowblowers to clear the ice for the Pond Hockey Tournament.

Rattlesnake Gal 01-31-2017 03:26 PM

Nice Videos!

Your videos are very enjoyable, KTO! Thanks for sharing them with us. Just wondering how high your drone can fly? Is there any benefit to film from the top of Rattlesnake Island?

Phantom 02-01-2017 07:29 AM

All Drones are limited to 400ft above ground level ........

even though their capability may be much higher (new Federal Law).

HellRaZoR004 02-01-2017 09:48 AM

Does it define where ground level is? Is it the place where the operator is...like on top of a mountain for example, or the instantaneous position of the drone relative to the ground beneath it?

Rattlesnake Gal 02-01-2017 03:05 PM

Ground Level?

Yes, what defines ground level? If it is where the operator is standing, Korey should come for and Island visit and take a hike! The unobstructed drone view from there would be pretty terrific!!! The top of Rattlesnake Island is about 390' above the shore of the lake. Add up to 400' above that... :D

Sadly, over the years the trees have grown a whole lot and certain views are now blocked. I have always thought a tower, like Abenaki, would be incredible on Rattlesnake Island. Getting said tower built in such a place is definitely a challenge though. A gal can dream. :laugh:

Phantom 02-01-2017 03:05 PM

I am by no means an expert in this ..... I am one who has been drooling for one yet can't quite justify it as our place is too close to KLA airport. But that hasn't stopped my investigation of models, pricing, new rules, etc (in anticipation)

If not mistaken, units such as the Phantom 3 (one of the better) actually has an internal sensor for height off the surface. So in your scenario HellRaZoR, it would follow the terrain down the mountain at 400' above.

Someone who actually has a Phantom 3 can correct me if wrong.

ishoot308 02-01-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 274041)
I am by no means an expert in this ..... I am one who has been drooling for one yet can't quite justify it as our place is too close to KLA airport. But that hasn't stopped my investigation of models, pricing, new rules, etc (in anticipation)

If not mistaken, units such as the Phantom 3 (one of the better) actually has an internal sensor for height off the surface. So in your scenario HellRaZoR, it would follow the terrain down the mountain at 400' above.

Someone who actually has a Phantom 3 can correct me if wrong.

You are correct it automatically stays 3-4 feet off the ground does not matter where you are. It also uses GPS for guidance / hovering... for example you send it up 200' in the air and don't touch the controls, the drone will hover in the exact same spot even in a heavy wind. If it loses radio signal it automatically will return "home" by flying straight up to your designated height (to clear all obstructions) then horizontally until it is directly over its home position, then straight down to home and will hover at 3'-4' until a controlled landing is functioned by the joystick. They really are quite remarkable!

Dan