Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lake Level (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24465)

WJT2 05-23-2019 09:52 AM

Lake Level

The lake appears to be very full and still waiting for snow-cap north to fully melt. Is there a no wake speed limit at this time throughout the entire lake? Heard a rumor and just trying to verify.
Thanks everyone have a fun and safe memorial Day weekend.

ishoot308 05-23-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJT2 (Post 312255)
The lake appears to be very full and still waiting for snow-cap north to fully melt. Is there a no wake speed limit at this time throughout the entire lake? Heard a rumor and just trying to verify.
Thanks everyone have a fun and safe memorial Day weekend.

The lake is just above "Full Lake" and at a GREAT level! No restrictions whatsoever!

Enjoy!

Dan

Gould1 05-24-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 312256)
The lake is just above "Full Lake" and at a GREAT level! No restrictions whatsoever!

Enjoy!

Dan

What does GREAT level mean?

ishoot308 05-24-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gould1 (Post 312345)

...it means GREAT boating level!... Full lake,...Not too low for docking anywhere on the lake and not to high to cause debris and erosion issues from wakes. Right where it should be for this time of year...the perfect water height for all water sports, lake cruising and safety. Couldn't be any better! No reason not to be out there enjoying it!

How's that?

Dan

Formula260SS 05-24-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gould1 (Post 312345)

That means the nav hazards are less hazardous, shallow dock area's are deeper, it's easy to get in and out of the boat and it's easier to control the lake level throughout the season.

I'm sure there's more

BoatHouse 05-29-2019 02:45 PM

Long Island Bridge

On Monday afternoon we were about to go under the Long Island bridge, but decided to scuttled the plan because I was not sure the light on top of my tower rack would clear. I got 1/3 of the boat under the bridge before I decided to turn around. I have been under the bridge many times, but with the water level and a little bit of wave action, I was not certain it would clear. the clearance for my boat is 6'10".

I did not feel like lowering the tower to go through.

Has anyone else decided not to go under the LI bridge or has anyone actually hit the bridge?

Phantom 05-29-2019 02:51 PM

On Saturday when we went through the Channel the water mark was at "FULL LAKE" …… so the level has dropped dramatically in the last week or so.

p.s. - we went under the LI bridge ( same day) with the Bimini up and cleared on our 26' Crown …………. I certainly did creep under to be sure …. but ultimately had about 6" to spare.

jeffk 05-29-2019 07:20 PM

On Tuesday the Lakeport Dam output was dialed back by about 200 CFS so the operators must think we are getting closer to where we should be. Still a healthy flow of over 1300 CFS so they are still trying to dump water.

LakeTimes 05-30-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 312697)
On Tuesday the Lakeport Dam output was dialed back by about 200 CFS so the operators must think we are getting closer to where we should be. Still a healthy flow of over 1300 CFS so they are still trying to dump water.

Out of curiosity, where did/do you find the information on the flow the dam is letting out?

jeffk 05-30-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC19 (Post 312766)
Out of curiosity, where did/do you find the information on the flow the dam is letting out?

https://www4.des.state.nh.us/Rti_hom...E=Lakeport+Dam

NHskier 05-30-2019 08:46 PM

Flow has been reduced yet again, now down to around 1000cfs. VERY glad to see this as the Weirs channel will begin to settle down a bit making it easier to get out of our slip at Thurston's. :)

jeffk 06-07-2019 10:13 AM

Looks like the lake level is right about where they want it for now, at "full pool". During the last 9 days or so the Lakeport dam output has been dropped to 335 cfs, pretty close to the "minimum" 250 cfs.

jeffk 06-07-2019 10:15 AM

https://www4.des.state.nh.us/rti_dat...011:05:44%20AM

http://www.bizer.com/lakelog.png

cbillings614 06-25-2019 06:25 AM

Lake Level?

Can anyone share what the current lake level is?

jeffk 06-25-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbillings614 (Post 313941)
Can anyone share what the current lake level is?

If you look at my previous post of June 7th, the links are "live". They give the current dam flow and the Bizer lake level as of it's most current update, June 20.

Note that the lake level had started to drop rapidly on Bizer's chart of June 20th. The dam output has been curtailed significantly since then. I would guess when Bizer is updated again we will see a "leveling off" of the lake level. The process is more of an art than a science.

Hillcountry 06-25-2019 06:53 AM

I’ll bet they ramped up the flow to accommodate the kayak races in Tilton/Franklin on the Winnipesaukee River. Glad that’s over...

LIforrelaxin 06-25-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 313944)
I’ll bet they ramped up the flow to accommodate the kayak races in Tilton/Franklin on the Winnipesaukee River. Glad that’s over...

If this is not a new event, I would disagree with you. If it is a new event I guess it is a possibility....

However I think they have been working diligently to get the lake level down to an appropriate level. Unfortunately with this being a very Rainy season that hasn't been easy. While it would be nice if they could keep the lake at 504.32 FAS, it is not possible. The lake has to be prepared for anything that could happen. Now that the lake level is reach its normal level, and assuming that the we don't get much more high perceptional events, I would look for the dam to slowly work towards 250 cfs...and then maintain that flow for the rest of the summer if possible.