Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   For Those Who Have Been To Both? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24205)

dpg 02-25-2019 11:57 AM

For Those Who Have Been To Both?

Who do you like better in Moultonborough Buckey's or the Bob House? I've yet to get to the Bob House.

Biggd 02-25-2019 12:33 PM

I've never been to Buckey's but I love the Bob House. I'm going to have to try it out.
Sorry, that doesn't answer you question.

mhtranger 02-25-2019 12:37 PM

Bob house any day.

SPT13 02-25-2019 12:43 PM

Bobhouse in a landslide

DesertDweller 02-25-2019 01:37 PM

Bob House is a lot better but there's nothing wrong with Buckey's. Bob House has become our go to place over the last couple of years (used to be the Canoe). My best friend really likes the ribs at Buckey's.

Bigstan 02-25-2019 01:44 PM

Apples

and Oranges.

Bar food vs good food IMO. Bob House any day, but they get stupid-crowded, in which case some ribs or a burger at Buckeys is perfectly fine too. Both are good at what they do.

phoenix 02-25-2019 01:47 PM

bob house > it has great Haddock

thinkxingu 02-25-2019 04:51 PM

Buckey's steak tips are really good, but really expensive. Their ribs are overloaded with sauce, so I'm not even sure how they taste. I wanna like the place, but I always feel let down and overcharged.

The Bob House has been consistently good, but, especially having taken groups there, I get how some think it's a bit loud. We love it, though, and, like someone else mentioned above, it's taken over Canoe as our go-to. The food's consistently good (I LOVE the seafood platter), and the workers are always super responsive and friendly.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

TheTimeTraveler 02-25-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 307776)
Buckey's steak tips are really good, but really expensive. Their ribs are overloaded with sauce, so I'm not even sure how they taste. I wanna like the place, but I always feel let down and overcharged.

The Bob House has been consistently good, but, especially having taken groups there, I get how some think it's a bit loud. We love it, though, and, like someone else mentioned above, it's taken over Canoe as our go-to. The food's consistently good (I LOVE the seafood platter), and the workers are always super responsive and friendly.

The Ribs from Buckey's; do you happen to know if they serve Beef Ribs or Pork Ribs ?

Thank you.

thinkxingu 02-25-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 307781)
The Ribs from Buckey's; do you happen to know if they serve Beef Ribs or Pork Ribs ?

Thank you.

I believe they were pork, given the size, but again, I couldn't taste the rib enough to know the difference.

dpg 02-25-2019 07:57 PM

Thanks all I've got to get to the Bob House for sure. Hmmm I like Buckeys Ribs also come to think of it I'm not sure if their Pork or not. Don't really recall them being over loaded with sauce.

SteveO123 02-26-2019 06:30 AM

+1 on the Bob House! Their haddock is worth the trip alone!

Janet 02-26-2019 09:46 AM

Our favorite go-to is The Bob House. However we do like Buckey's and it's closer to Melvin Village. Also like the Pine Cone.

GrandmaBig6 02-26-2019 12:37 PM

Gone to both

We've gone to both for dinners over the years and we prefer Bob House over Buckey's. The pot roast and tackle box at the Bob House are our go to dinners. Buckey's is a quick dinner with a bowl of NE clam chowder and an appetizer, plus it's further to drive to from Meredith.

You'll enjoy the Bob House!

thinkxingu 02-26-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 307799)
Our favorite go-to is The Bob House. However we do like Buckey's and it's closer to Melvin Village. Also like the Pine Cone.

I love the Pine Fine food, but it's soooo expensive for regular bar/pub offerings.

SAB1 02-26-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 307805)
I love the Pine Fine food, but it's soooo expensive for regular bar/pub offerings.

I dont think so. If you look at the menu's everything is with $1 of each other. But I prefer the Bob.

thinkxingu 02-26-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAB1 (Post 307808)
I dont think so. If you look at the menu's everything is with $1 of each other. But I prefer the Bob.

I didn't mean in comparison to The Bob House, I meant for cafe food. I've only been twice, but both times I left feeling like lunch was too expensive.

Shreddy 02-27-2019 03:58 PM

I'll take Buckey's over Bob House 99 times out of 100 but I'm biased for the steak tip sub (Dom's steak tips which are worth the cost) and the atmosphere (awesome bartenders and good friends always in Buckeys).

I don't dislike Bob House but it's a lot farther away and I just don't care for the food as a restaurant. If i'm going that far I'd prefer to head to the Corner House :D

SAB1 02-27-2019 08:56 PM

Ill take bob house or buckeys over the corner house any day. That place can’t even hold candle to what it was in the 80’s and 90’s.

VitaBene 02-28-2019 01:01 PM

Corner House

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAB1 (Post 307824)
Ill take bob house or buckeys over the corner house any day. That place can’t even hold candle to what it was in the 80’s and 90’s.

I have heard it may be changing hands.

Biggd 02-28-2019 01:10 PM

I have to give the young women that owns the Bob House a lot of credit. She works harder than anyone there even while she was pregnant. Last time I went in there she was working the phones while holding the infant over her shoulder.
Some people might not think that's appropriate but she wants to stay on top of things. I admire that work ethic.

Shreddy 02-28-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAB1 (Post 307824)

I was born in 87 and that's when my family built our house in Moultonborough. For as long as I can recall, I've loved the Corner House. Nothing can beat trekking into the middle of no where and sitting upstairs in the rustic bar area. If you're lucky enough, you get some light live music. The french onion soup is on point and I've never been disappointed with their prime rib. Is the food the best? I don't have complaints. The atmosphere of going there always makes it worth it to me and prices are very reasonable. :liplick:

Closetzguy 03-01-2019 09:33 AM

We drive right by Buckey's to go to the BobHouse!

phoenix 03-01-2019 11:55 AM

we go to the corner house in the summer on wine not night. Even with price increase last summer still a good deal at $50 per couple

loonguy 03-02-2019 09:17 AM

I like all three and the variety, but go most often to the Bob House (which has great food and service and is the closest), second most often to Corner House Inn (especially for Wine Not Mondays, which are year round), and third to Buckey's (which is a good sports bar).

thinkxingu 03-02-2019 09:31 AM

I've never been to The Corner House Inn, but it seems like we should give it a shot this summer!