Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Taipe and Osaka Shut Down by Health Officer (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24337)

Outdoorsman 04-19-2019 02:37 PM

Taipe and Osaka Shut Down by Health Officer

1 Attachment(s)
Next door to Walmart

8gv 04-19-2019 03:53 PM

I was wondering why they had not been answering their phone this week.

Yesterday my wife suggested it may have been due to a vacation.

When I offered what we now know was the correct explanation, I was told I was being "negative".

If it's mice, a few cats might help.

Oh wait, never mind...:laugh:

radioman 04-20-2019 03:58 PM

Taipe and Osaka

There are many types of infestation, rodent and roach are the most common and hardest to eliminate. Walmart could be the next on the list.

Top-Water 04-20-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioman (Post 309979)
Walmart could be the next on the list.

Is, Down and out living on the Walmart lake what this means.:):)

radioman 04-20-2019 05:37 PM

Taipe and Osaka

The fact is that both rodents and roaches spread quickly. Basements, overheads and any crack in a foundation. Both are looking for food. The proximity of Walmarts could be a problem for the manager, it will test the sanitation program. Geography has nothing to do with it.

Jeanzb1 04-20-2019 07:41 PM

It is a HUGE roach problem, so says a friend who works in an adjoining business.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

8gv 04-20-2019 08:12 PM

A huge problem of roaches or a problem of HUGE roaches? :eek:

JEEPONLY 04-21-2019 02:22 AM

Solution

Show the rodents "People of Walmart" videos- Who wouldn't run?

fatlazyless 04-21-2019 03:44 AM

Walmart has the answer, as always, for dealing with roaches: Walmart sells the infamous Roach Motel ...... where roaches move in, and never move out!

Back in the 1970's ..... can recall that yellow two-pak of Roach Motels with boxer Muhammad Ali on the plastic yellow wrapper proclaiming; "Roaches move in, and never move out!" .... :laugh:

Overlake97 04-21-2019 06:28 AM

Exact Quote:

To be precise, they “check” in, but don’t “check” out. 😂

Hillcountry 04-21-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlake97 (Post 310004)
To be precise, they “check” in, but don’t “check” out. ��

Kinda like the “Hotel California” of roaches...(apologies to The Eagles)
“You can check in any time you want...but you can NEVER leave”

ApS 04-21-2019 08:07 AM

Florida Wins!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 309999)
A huge problem of roaches or a problem of HUGE roaches? :eek:

Florida gets around the "Roach" stigma by calling them "Palmetto bugs". But it's Florida who's the champ of HUGE roaches—including this Genera:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...9458513%29.jpg
Wikipedia photo credit: By Frank Vassen from Brussels, Belgium - Giant water bug (Belostomatidae), Vohimana reserve, Madagascar, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/inde...curid=43770104

JEEPONLY 04-21-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlake97 (Post 310004)
To be precise, they “check” in, but don’t “check” out. 😂

Somewhat like the City of Lynn?

Hillcountry 04-22-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 310029)
Somewhat like the City of Lynn?

No...in Lynn, “you never come out the way you went in”

Clearly, you CAN leave Lynn.

JEEPONLY 04-22-2019 04:27 PM

That's why I said "somewhat"!

But, if you're not the same as when you went in... did you REALLY ever leave?

OMG!!!

Mr. V 04-22-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 310122)
But, if you're not the same as when you went in... did you REALLY ever leave?

That evokes the title of that old Firesign Theater LP: "How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all."

Bigstan 05-06-2019 12:17 PM

Any work being done?

Anyone see any workers doing anything here ? I haven't seen anything at all, so for the forseeable future it's down to Rochester for Sushi (plus Chinese or Hibachi) at Eastern Paradise. Well worth the trip, but would be nice to have a local spot back as well.....

radioman 05-06-2019 05:00 PM

infestation

As I suggested in a previous post the elimination of roaches is difficult and will take time . Work will probably take place at night so as not to place the public in any danger from fumigation work. Also, any evidence of pest control work during the day is bad publicity.

Top-Water 05-06-2019 05:14 PM

No danger with this method :):) $59.95 :):)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nUUrTXxbk-s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Billy Bob 05-06-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigstan (Post 311006)
Anyone see any workers doing anything here ? I haven't seen anything at all, so for the forseeable future it's down to Rochester for Sushi (plus Chinese or Hibachi) at Eastern Paradise. Well worth the trip, but would be nice to have a local spot back as well.....

Seriously, you are really in a hurry to get this fine dining option back ?

Top-Water 05-06-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob (Post 311024)

My thoughts exactly.

ApS 05-06-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob (Post 311024)

It's one of the few places in New Hampshire that will serve to minnows.

;)

ishoot308 05-07-2019 07:16 AM

Disgusting!

Have to agree with Billy Bob on this one...There is absolutely no reason for a restaurant to be shut down by the health department. They knew they had issues and did nothing to correct it. Any responsible restaurant owner would of taken care of the issue long before the health department had to step in! They should of shut it down themselves to clean the place up if they had to. You do whatever it takes for the safety of your customers to provide a safe and healthy food serving environment period! You don't wait for the health department to shut you down!

Dan

Bigstan 05-07-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioman (Post 311014)
Also, any evidence of pest control work during the day is bad publicity.

So is being closed with a red board of health notice in the window.

I imagine they're done at this point as it's tough to live down getting closed.

But yes, I would rather have seen them open rather than closed, but even if they opened with a clean bill of health today I am not sure I would be in a rush to go back as the drive to Rochester is actually quite nice this time of year:)

radioman 05-07-2019 12:56 PM

Taipe and Osaka

I agree with Stan, I will never go back!!

garysanfran 05-07-2019 01:36 PM

Phu Jee...

I don't see this place mentioned much. It's in Meredith on Main St. It's primarily food of the Hunan and Szechuan regions (although a Pu Pu Platter does appear on the menu). It's good basic Chinese food and they have a great lunch menu. Good size rice plate here, cost less than a sub sandwich elsewhere. I've only been there twice and liked it very much...Goin' back soon.

Outside of San Francisco and China (well, maybe not China) I almost never eat Chinese food. SF has some of the best Chinese food I've had. A cock roach crawling up the wall, goes almost unnoticed.

In Hong Kong I ate at a restaurant that had the kitchen in a metal vault, no windows and huge locks on the door. The food tasted good, whatever it was.

joey2665 05-07-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 311075)
I don't see this place mentioned much. It's in Meredith on Main St. It's primarily food of the Hunan and Szechuan regions (although a Pu Pu Platter does appear on the menu). It's good basic Chinese food and they have a great lunch menu. Good size rice plate here, cost less than a sub sandwich elsewhere. I've only been there twice and liked it very much...Goin' back soon.

Outside of San Francisco and China (well, maybe not China) I almost never eat Chinese food. SF has some of the best Chinese food I've had. A cock roach crawling up the wall, goes almost unnoticed.

In Hong Kong I ate at a restaurant that had the kitchen in a metal vault, no windows and huge locks on the door. The food tasted good, whatever it was.

Chinatown, NYC has some pretty awesome food. Especially the duck and pork

TheTimeTraveler 05-07-2019 06:36 PM

A lot of city Chinese Restaurants keep live cats on their premises to reduce the rodent population.....

Outdoorsman 05-14-2019 01:24 PM

From the Manchester Union Leader

{article removed because of copyright concerns}

https://www.unionleader.com/news/bus...PRLyuS-5II-yLI

JADAQ 05-14-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 311093)
A lot of city Chinese Restaurants keep live cats on their premises to reduce the rodent population.....

And in a pinch , they can also serve as tonight’s special!

joey2665 05-14-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 311449)

That is just gross!!!! Even if they reopened I would never eat there. Raw seafood at 60 degrees :eek:

Outdoorsman 05-14-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 311449)

Webmaster, are we not allowed to post free newspaper articles? Or....
can we quote snippets of the article? I did not intend to infringe on copyright.

webmaster 05-15-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 311465)
Webmaster, are we not allowed to post free newspaper articles? Or....
can we quote snippets of the article? I did not intend to infringe on copyright.

You can quote portions of an article as part of your commentary. You can't cut and paste an entire article or even portions without comment.

Whenever possible just post a link to the original article instead of a copy and paste.

Airedale1 06-14-2019 11:30 AM

Saw an ad in today's Daily Sun, stating that they are open again and just in time for Bike Week. :eek:

8gv 06-14-2019 09:41 PM

I drove through the WalMart parking lot Thursday and saw their OPEN sign was lit.

Wifey says she won't go ever again, even if it was a totally different type of restaurant.

I guess I'm going solo...:D

garysanfran 06-14-2019 09:56 PM

The YUCK factor...

Is hard to overcome...

However, I have to think, unless the owners are morons, that this is now a very clean place.

As I have posted before, eat in Chinatown in San Francisco and be prepared for a circus of things running around.

Reilly 06-15-2019 03:27 AM

better

I have to believe it will b cleaner than ever just have to wonder for how long

Liquorish 06-16-2019 07:40 AM

I remember many, many years ago eating at a Carl’s Pagoda in Boston’s Chinatown, it was common to see many unwanted “guests” there, didn’t deter us at all as the food was always spectacular, boy do I miss that place.

Outdoorsman 06-16-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquorish (Post 313462)
I remember many, many years ago eating at a Carl’s Pagoda in Boston’s Chinatown, it was common to see many unwanted “guests” there, didn’t deter us at all as the food was always spectacular, boy do I miss that place.

That is just gross.

JADAQ 06-16-2019 05:22 PM

I used to deliver food products to oriental restaurants around the state. There weren’t to many that were clean. Open 5 gallon buckets of soy sauce, open bags of uncooked rice stored in the basement on the floor, employees smoking and eating in the kitchen... yuuum!

A rule to follow is don’t eat them, ever!

bushwack1 06-16-2019 10:28 PM

Last week I saw an open sign at the curb and the door was open

thinkxingu 06-17-2019 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushwack1 (Post 313484)
Last week I saw an open sign at the curb and the door was open

Yeah, but did the humans do that?!
Insert Far Side comic here.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk