Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Long Shot - Cobalt 2006 262 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24965)

4 for Boating 09-04-2019 07:04 PM

Long Shot - Cobalt 2006 262

1 Attachment(s)
A bit of a long shot here but we have a 2006 Cobalt 262 that did not come with the Aft Walk Through Cushions as I understand they were a factory option. (See pic of example - center cushions/seat - I hope attached). Getting these types of items on older boats is next to impossible it seems.

Anyway, we just had the boat reupholstered by a local shop around the lake and it seems that if I can find a set of these (borrow for a week or so) they can replicate them for me in the same color just used.

So, the question is - does anyone have a 2006 262 (or maybe close) - does it have these cushions - if so can we borrow them for a week or so this winter? I'm sure I can think of a nice gift for a caring sole.

I know - a lot to ask for but you never know...

Thanks!
Attachment 15286

Descant 09-04-2019 07:31 PM

Some years ago I bought a used SeaRay. The previous owner had just ordered new "skins" from the factory, to our benefit. Cobalt may be able to offer the same opportunity.

Grove84 09-04-2019 08:32 PM

260 Cobalt

My boat is at Paugus Bay Marina , and they have a used 260 there now. If you speak with Kory Keenan and the boat hasn’t sold at seasons end and it fits your need? Hope this helps , Kory is a great person to work with

NHskier 09-04-2019 08:38 PM

We've got a 2002 262, bought used about 6 years ago. At that time we looked into availability of those same stern filler components through Thurston's and found they were no longer available from Cobalt. We then looked at having a set made up and it was going to be way over $1K, so we've made do without them.

ThePlut 09-05-2019 10:39 AM

I would reach out to EastCoast Flightcraft. They appear to have at least 3 used 262s on their used boat site, maybe one of them has some filler cushions you could use as reference? Or maybe they can put you on to another means to make this happen. Pretty creative folks there, I can attest to that.

4 for Boating 09-06-2019 11:10 AM

Thanks

Sadly anything over some ~7 years old - Cobalt has very little in terms of parts like this especially options.

However, I have reached out to a few marina's (including the ones mentioned above) to see if they have anything. Even if not for sale, maybe they see one going into storage that has a sympathetic owner...

Thanks for your help!

LIforrelaxin 09-06-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4 for Boating (Post 319097)
Sadly anything over some ~7 years old - Cobalt has very little in terms of parts like this especially options.

However, I have reached out to a few marina's (including the ones mentioned above) to see if they have anything. Even if not for sale, maybe they see one going into storage that has a sympathetic owner...

Thanks for your help!

That is really kind of sad for the amount of money someone spends on a Colbalt.... I have a Four Winns, 2 summer's ago on a then 16 year old boat, I was able to order a replacement Sundeck directly from the factory, and had it in about 3 weeks. The people I dealt with at the dealership and at the factory, told me, that they save all the patterns electronically so reproducing parts is no big deal.... I have also ordered a cockpit cover, and next summer will likely order a bow cover directly from them. As a final comment, getting the Sundeck from Four Winns directly was far cheaper then having one made locally.... I just had to be patient, until they could make a break in production, get the materials they need cut, and then assemble it.

ITD 09-06-2019 03:10 PM

Hmmm, I have a 2002 262...…..

4 for Boating 09-07-2019 06:58 AM

ITD - does your 2002 have these cushions?

When I first started this search, I asked the Cobalt dealer to help me understand which years are a match if I could not find an exact 2006 262 > that in itself seems to not be an easy task either...

ITD 09-07-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4 for Boating (Post 319160)
ITD - does your 2002 have these cushions?

When I first started this search, I asked the Cobalt dealer to help me understand which years are a match if I could not find an exact 2006 262 > that in itself seems to not be an easy task either...

Yes, it has them, one in the front, plus the back cushions. You need to have the pieces that attach to the boat too. Little shelves basically.

NHskier 09-07-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITD (Post 319175)
Yes, it has them, one in the front, plus the back cushions. You need to have the pieces that attach to the boat too. Little shelves basically.

The support ledges (shelves) may have been standard on 262s as we have them in both bow & stern, but no cushions.

4 for Boating 09-07-2019 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Luckily we have the cushion for the bow.

Looking to have made the stern set only - looking over many pictures of a 2002 versus 2006 on the internet, one difference I can see is the number of snaps for the single seat piece/section? (2 above and below for the 2002 and 1 above and 2 below for the 2006). Something like that I'm sure the fabricator could deal with.

Here's what ours looks like - sorry about the poor quality...
See anything of concern?

IDT - How many pieces make up this back section > 2 or 3?
It looks like a single seat - backrest for it - long section to bridge the walk through OR is the backrest and long section one piece?

ApS 09-08-2019 03:31 AM

Make It Secure...

If you have one fabricated, make sure the cushions can be made secure to the boat: screw, zipper, or tether.

A nice new white cushion floated-in several years ago. I may have posted it here in the "Lost and Found" forum, but I eventually took it to Wolfeboro Goodhue & Hawkins, hoping the Cobalt renter/owner and the cushion could be reunited.

:look:

ITD 09-09-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4 for Boating (Post 319200)
Luckily we have the cushion for the bow.

Looking to have made the stern set only - looking over many pictures of a 2002 versus 2006 on the internet, one difference I can see is the number of snaps for the single seat piece/section? (2 above and below for the 2002 and 1 above and 2 below for the 2006). Something like that I'm sure the fabricator could deal with.

Here's what ours looks like - sorry about the poor quality...
See anything of concern?

IDT - How many pieces make up this back section > 2 or 3?
It looks like a single seat - backrest for it - long section to bridge the walk through OR is the backrest and long section one piece?

Honestly, I don't remember, I'll be up on Thursday, I'll check it out and take some pics. I think it's two pcs, but I'll check.

4 for Boating 09-11-2019 04:38 PM

ITD - Thanks

Let me know what you find out - any information from someone in the know is helpful. Also I sent you a PM...