Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hot Water Heater Replacement (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27533)

pondguy 10-13-2021 10:38 AM

Hot Water Heater Replacement
 
Can any one recommend a good plumber in the Meredith area? Its time to have my 30 gal. electric water heater replaced before it starts leaking and it gets to the carpet.......Thanks

AC2717 10-13-2021 10:52 AM

John Ferguson Plumbing and Heating
https://www.johnfergusonplumbing.com/
Phone: 603 524-3138
out of Gilford

Descant 10-13-2021 02:31 PM

Consider putting it on a timer so you aren't heating water 24/7.

MDoug 10-13-2021 02:46 PM

Hot Water Heater
 
We had good service from Minuteman in Meredith.
279-3323

pondguy 10-13-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 363349)
Consider putting it on a timer so you aren't heating water 24/7.

It's on a timer but the tank is old.

thinkxingu 10-13-2021 05:24 PM

1. Does the timer thing even work? Don't you have to reheat water that's cooled down, meaning it heats twice anyway? Also, it's only a matter of standby loss which, with today's units, is minimal?

2. Replace that thing on your own. Two hoses and a few electric leads and the other one in the recycle bin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pondguy 10-13-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 363355)
1. Does the timer thing even work? Don't you have to reheat water that's cooled down, meaning it heats twice anyway? Also, it's only a matter of standby loss which, with today's units, is minimal?

2. Replace that thing on your own. Two hoses and a few electric leads and the other one in the recycle bin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I live alone so I only heat water one hour a day enough for a shower and dishes. I have replaced many water heaters in my day but I am disabled now and need a good plumber to do it right. The tank is old and it's time to have it replaced.

thinkxingu 10-13-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondguy (Post 363359)
I live alone so I only heat water one hour a day enough for a shower and dishes. I have replaced many water heaters in my day but I am disabled now and need a good plumber to do it right. The tank is old and it's time to have it replaced.

Gotcha. Good luck, friend!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.