Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Favorite apps while at the Lake (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14471)

ChasesIslandOkie 07-17-2012 12:27 AM

Favorite apps while at the Lake

So, I know many of us come up here to get away from our screen-filled lives...but sometimes there are certain bits of technology that are so darn handy they are hard to let go of.

What are some of your favorite and most handy apps you use on your various mobile devices while you're up at the Lake?

Blue Thunder 07-17-2012 05:43 AM

At the top of my list is the Intellicast HD weather app. I use it on my IPad and it is very handy on those days when severe weather is a possibility.

BT

NoRegrets 07-17-2012 07:35 AM

Shoot, I thought we were going to talk about appitizers on the lake. :liplick:

My favorite phone app is the power down feature! :)

upthesaukee 07-17-2012 07:39 AM

Beat me to it...

...I was going to say scallops wrapped with bacon. :laugh:

spider22 07-17-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoRegrets (Post 186681)
Shoot, I thought we were going to talk about appitizers on the lake. :liplick:

My favorite phone app is the power down feature! :)

That is funny and I agree

JMR 07-17-2012 08:38 AM

Apps

Although I sympathize with the Powerdown idea, BoatUS has a free app that with one touch sends an request for an emergency tow based upon your GPS location. Not a bad thing in an emergency.

Now if we could get pizza delivered to the islands with one touch.....

ishoot308 07-17-2012 08:48 AM

Shazam

My favorite app has to be Shazam... My wife is still trying to figure out how I know every song that comes on the radio no matter how old or obscure! :D

Dan

loony 07-17-2012 10:50 AM

Tapatalk for viewing this forum on an iPhone or iPod touch

John A. Birdsall 07-17-2012 11:33 AM

app

Breakfast on the third sunday of every month at Alton's Masonic Temple.

BroadHopper 07-17-2012 01:15 PM

Bonehead App

That must be a popular app as I see too many skippers staring at their crotch at speed.................:rolleye1:

Gatto Nero 07-17-2012 02:58 PM

Star Walk is pretty cool for the iPad

Webbsatwinni 07-21-2012 07:00 PM

Skyview for Iphone

It shows all of the stars, constellations, satellites, planets and their paths. We have spent hours with the kids on the deck looking at stars. You can click on almost any of the items and it provides information and history of each.

Just be careful, many people have taken it and started walking around and have almost fallen off the deck.

Island Girl 07-22-2012 08:00 AM

Apps

Winni lake map, Evernote...jot down lists on my iPad that I can read on my phone at the store, Kindle, Solitaire, Camera.

For the other apps, cheese and grapes.

IG

NoBozo 07-22-2012 06:26 PM

My favorite APP at the lake is a good book....sitting on the dock... or on the porch..in PAPER. Just sayin: :look: NB

dippasan 07-23-2012 07:29 AM

App

Sound Hound is a pretty fun App.
If you are a music lover, download Sound Hound for free.

If you are at a party, restaurant or just listening to the radio and hear a song you like, tap on the Sound Hound app and it will listen to the music and tell you what the song and artist are. You can also download the song right from the app if you want to.

Pretty cool.

Rich 07-23-2012 02:17 PM

Radar Now is my favorite app on the lake.

It shows real time weather radar. I check it everytime I head out on the water.

Slickcraft 07-23-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 187281)
Radar Now is my favorite app on the lake.

It shows real time weather radar. I check it everytime I head out on the water.

Agree with Radar Now. I also have On Guard Weather Alerts, will sound the alarm should there be a severe thunder storm warning for example. Will poll for alerts your choice of every 5, 15 or 60 min. You can also select what types of alerts it will alarm for.