Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Speed Limits (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   One Day in Concord (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11356)

Ryan 12-30-2010 03:26 PM

One Day in Concord

This quick vid seems a little bit different from the video that was posted here a few weeks ago. Does anybody know why, when presented with facts, the same spin takes place over and over again?

One Day in Concord

VtSteve 12-30-2010 04:19 PM

"If you've read any of my posts.....under various names you would know I've never answered a question where facts were presented to me......"

I've been thanked by Skip for my useful posts...."

Looks ironclad to me :laugh: I wonder if the number of hours El was on the lake each year is the sum of multiple screen names/posters combined?

Seaplane Pilot 12-31-2010 08:51 AM

Another masterpiece - thank you.

pseudonym 01-03-2011 06:19 PM

Hysterical!!

Well done!

Pineedles 01-03-2011 07:20 PM

reference to skip in video

being thanked by skip is so useful. skip has been thanked so many times, he must be a very smart person. wait a minute. if skip is so smart then why is he starting trouble on the issues thread area? didn't he say that we should take our arguements some where else? didn't www.sbonh.org start their own forum? why is skip thanking speed limit supporters? if you support SL repeal, then why do you support posters that lie and libel winni.com members? why are you starting threads that cause controversy? what is your agenda skip? you are a very confusing person.:confused:

Pineedles 01-03-2011 08:08 PM

skip thanked me for my post

oh joy, skip has thanked me for my useful post. i am still confused though. why has skip thanked me? i hope it is because he thanks confused posters. :laugh:

he thanked me again. Perhaps my next post will help him understand.

sunset on the dock 01-03-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 147263)
why is skip thanking speed limit supporters? if you support SL repeal, then why do you support posters that lie and libel winni.com members?

Quoting someone verbatum is not libel. These are the words he typed on offshoreonly.com. No doubt he regrets it. And no doubt it is painful to be damned by his own words. And people have a right to know what he said in a public forum. Mel Gibson for example surely wishes he could take back some of his words and even recover damages for said words...but he cannot. PERIOD

Pineedles 01-03-2011 08:50 PM

In the name of intelligent discussion SOTD, your buddy elchase/BIM/et al have ruined Don's site. End of story. I'm trying to convince skip and don to kick you guys off this site permanently. Your buddy elchase is ruining another site as we speak. And it's not the www.sbonh.org site.

Why can't site moderators understand that people like elchase want to ruin your forums? Kick them off permanently! We've already discussed the fact that there is no guarantee of free speech on private forums. If the forum is hurting, stop the bleeding! Get rid of one side or the other. I really don't care which one you decide to kick off, but there are alot of folks who want you to make a decision.

And BTW SOTD, the libel I was talking about was the lies about VTsteve that elchase posted.

sunset on the dock 01-04-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 147285)
In the name of intelligent discussion SOTD, your buddy elchase/BIM/et al have ruined Don's site. End of story. I'm trying to convince skip and don to kick you guys off this site permanently. Your buddy elchase is ruining another site as we speak. And it's not the www.sbonh.org site.

Why can't site moderators understand that people like elchase want to ruin your forums? Kick them off permanently! We've already discussed the fact that there is no guarantee of free speech on private forums. If the forum is hurting, stop the bleeding! Get rid of one side or the other. I really don't care which one you decide to kick off, but there are alot of folks who want you to make a decision.

And BTW SOTD, the libel I was talking about was the lies about VTsteve that elchase posted.

Check out the quotes on the first post of the "This Subforum is a Disgrace" thread again to see who needs to be banned from the forum.

Pineedles 01-04-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunset on the dock (Post 147298)
Check out the quotes on the first post of the "This Subforum is a Disgrace" thread again to see who needs to be banned from the forum.

OK SOTD, that's your opinion, I've got mine. I said I don't care which side gets the boot. An alternative is, no discussion of anything controversial. Would you be willing to go with that proposal?

lawn psycho 01-04-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunset on the dock (Post 147281)
Quoting someone verbatum is not libel. These are the words he typed on offshoreonly.com. No doubt he regrets it. And no doubt it is painful to be damned by his own words. And people have a right to know what he said in a public forum. Mel Gibson for example surely wishes he could take back some of his words and even recover damages for said words...but he cannot. PERIOD

I hope you keep bringing up the internet banter. Must be frustrating to have to sling mud instead of having data to back up your argument.

Prove to me that the speed limit makes any difference on safety and I'll side with you. I'm waiting.

gtagrip 01-04-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawn psycho (Post 147373)
I hope you keep bringing up the internet banter. Must be frustrating to have to sling mud instead of having data to back up your argument.

Prove to me that the speed limit makes any difference on safety and I'll side with you. I'm waiting.

We've been told by SOTD, EL(or BIM), APS, and the like, that the speed limit is not working in the Barbar Pole area, but I think it might be working on the rest of the lake! :emb: