Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Event planner (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24964)

WakeboardMom 09-04-2019 11:19 AM

Event planner

Hi - We're thinking about hiring an event planner/wedding planner. If anyone has personal experience with someone local to the lake, we'd love to hear your opinion and/or recommendation. Thank you.

Descant 09-04-2019 12:23 PM

In house?

For my daughter's wedding at Church Landing, we used their in house planner. Great job. No pressure to use "their" florist, photographer, etc. but they had a list available. The coordination with hotel services was, I think, smoother than it might have been with an outside or independent planner. Of course, if your venue does not offer such services, that's different. Then I think a planner would be invaluable if it is a large event with lots to coordinate. You want to enjoy the party, not be busy running it. Even though the contracts are boilerplate, it is good, in my mind, to have an attorney review so you know what's going to happen to your deposits if the building collapses or somebody fails to perform. What if you hire Hall and Oates and they play only one song? We asked some questions, and magically, an extra page of boilerplate appeared to address the concerns, but it wasn't offered originally.
Have fun.

WakeboardMom 09-04-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 318939)
Of course, if your venue does not offer such services, that's different. Then I think a planner would be invaluable if it is a large event with lots to coordinate. You want to enjoy the party, not be busy running it. Even though the contracts are boilerplate, it is good, in my mind, to have an attorney review so you know what's going to happen to your deposits if the building collapses or somebody fails to perform. What if you hire Hall and Oates and they play only one song? We asked some questions, and magically, an extra page of boilerplate appeared to address the concerns, but it wasn't offered originally.
Have fun.

Great advice, thank you. We're tossing around the idea of having a wedding at my home.

Descant 09-04-2019 02:35 PM

at home

Lakefront? Super option not available to most.

WakeboardMom 09-04-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 318949)
Lakefront? Super option not available to most.

Yes, lakefront. Fingers crossed we'll find a way to pull it off. :)

Hillcountry 09-04-2019 03:58 PM

I heard recently of an event planner called “Twelve31” out of Franklin NH
Sorry I don’t know anyone that has used them but a friend is using them for her wedding. Good luck!

tis 09-04-2019 04:09 PM

Amy Piper had Signature Events in Wolfeboro. I am not sure if she is still doing it. 569-4786.

Standbyme 09-04-2019 06:56 PM

Signature Events

Amy Piper is the best in the business. Find her on FB or Instagram out of Wolfeboro.

FWF 09-06-2019 11:01 AM

EWhitney Events, exceptional

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk