Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Area WebCAMs (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Webcam - Grandview Commons (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8036)

mcdude 07-05-2009 05:46 PM

New Webcam - Grandview Commons

1 Attachment(s)
Check out this new webcam, GRANDVIEW COMMONS CAM . This cam is located out on Wolfeboro Neck in the area of the old airport...in fact this may even be the airport....it is now being developed as Grandview Commons.

Just Sold 07-06-2009 05:41 AM

That sure does look like the old airport and the view would be from the model home which is on that side of the property. APS you are in that area and should know best.

Lakepilot 07-06-2009 06:46 AM

That's the old airport alright. I've flown in there many times.

ApS 07-06-2009 07:31 AM

"Best View There"...

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Sold (Post 99052)
That sure does look like the old airport and the view would be from the model home which is on that side of the property. APS you are in that area and should know best.

1) Absolutely—and stop by again. :)

2) That's taken facing west from the only house built there—the unsold "Model Home"—as you first enter from Wolfeboro. (Four miles distant). The land slopes gently down to the Broads from that Cam's view.

3) The last two nights would have shown hundreds of fireworks sent up from there! Other times, dozens of dog-walkers will drift into view. :look:

4) That the 70s-vintage steel aircraft hanger (right side of the Cam image) still remains standing suggests that a "Hanger Community" (with a landing strip in the middle) is still envisioned.

5) If you stood at Wolfeboro's Carry Beach, you'd see a notch where the forest was clear-cut for the "Grand View".

6) Photo #1 below also faces directly West, but the "Model Home" is offset to the left, and doesn't quite make this view from Carry Beach.

7) Photo #2 shows the airport clearing (circa 2004, upper left), the runway still intact, and the steel hanger off to the left.

8) The "Model Home" was subsequently built in 2005 at the extreme right-hand corner of the clearing in photo #2 and would give the highest-elevation "Best-View-There"—provided no other homes are built there!) :look: :confused: :rolleye1: :rolleye2: :laugh:

ETA 1:
Check out the Cam for illegal activity. Our newest McMansion now has residents, and they're not endearing themselves to either dog-walkers and abutters alike!

ETA 2:
I see by the thank-you's, that you-all need to be invited to stop by again—through mid-October, anyway.

Rattlesnake Gal 07-07-2009 02:08 PM

Wicked Windy in the Winter!

Rattlesnake Guy and I drove by the model home the winter before last. Wow, was it ever windy at this location!

MJM 07-16-2009 10:09 PM

Marriot?

There had been reports that the Marriott family was buying the whole thing...is that not the case?

jack1706 08-12-2009 10:59 AM

No sale

I heard it all fell through. No sale..
Even the Marriotts feel the economic times..
But I sure do love watching the sun set on this cam everynite I'm not up there to see it "live "