Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Looking for home maintenance, landscaping (Franklin) (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24301)

SailinAway 04-08-2019 07:10 PM

Looking for home maintenance, landscaping (Franklin)

I'm looking for landscaping and home maintenance in Franklin. Some of the work is low skilled and suitable for a strong and motivated teenager.

Biggd 04-09-2019 06:18 AM

Let me know if you find a strong and motivated teenager. They are becoming extinct. ;)

SailinAway 04-09-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 309342)
Let me know if you find a strong and motivated teenager. They are becoming extinct. ;)

So true. It is very hard for senior citizens to find help now. The opioid crisis has made it much worse. Placing an ad on Craigslist only yields applicants with an easily traceable criminal record.

Biggd 04-09-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailinAway (Post 309366)
So true. It is very hard for senior citizens to find help now. The opioid crisis has made it much worse. Placing an ad on Craigslist only yields applicants with an easily traceable criminal record.

Yes, the drug problem from within the US, opioids pushed by the big drug companies is much worse than the drug problem at the southern border.

These kids get hooked on legal opioids and then when they can't get them easily they turn to the illegal drugs on the street to feed their habit.

These big drug companies must be brought to justice. I've seen many families with good kids being torn apart by these money hungry drug companies. It's shameful what they get away with!

djwade4 04-10-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailinAway (Post 309333)
I'm looking for landscaping and home maintenance in Franklin. Some of the work is low skilled and suitable for a strong and motivated teenager.

Call me. Doug wade. I have a motivated worker for you. In Tilton. 770-3677

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

SailinAway 04-11-2019 07:01 PM

Thank you, Doug. I will follow up. Much appreciated.

Woody38 04-13-2019 06:36 PM

We once had a motivated teenager for some help. Not so motivated, took him 3x what it should. But then he only wanted $20 per hour.

Incidentally, I somehow got ink on the carpet when changing cartridges in the copier. Then I remembered something found at Building 19, and still had some left. I sprayed the area and let it set while on the computer. Blotted everything up with a paper towel. What a lifesaver.

SoilBlaster
Shield Enterprises
Woodstock, GA
# 25211

I hope it is still available.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

TiltonBB 04-13-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 309594)
We once had a motivated teenager for some help. Not so motivated, took him 3x what it should. But then he only wanted $20 per hour.

OK. let's do the math. 3 hours @ $20 per hour to do one hour of work works out to $60 per hour of actual work done. You were willing to pay that? This kid may not have been motivated but he was smart!

Are you hiring this year?:)

Woody38 04-14-2019 06:08 PM

Problem, I could not get on the ladder for fear of risking a fall due to dizziness.
Still less than what the man wanted for the job.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.